The FPS Zone.

I'm being...overly cautious. I generally dislike Battlefield. I dislike the people who make it, and I certainly hate those who publish it. I always got the feeling that the franchise is only around so it can attempt to be the "CAWL AH DOOTY KILLA" that people keep thinking it will be. Which I feel is...inaccurate. Hell, Overwatch would a better candidate for that little title, being the leader in this charge of new and colourful shooters. Or indeed the fish-acronymed FPS itself, seeing the...feedback to Infinite Warfare. And it's not like every Battlefield game was this masterpeice, after all; Battlefield 4 is still quite high on my quote-unquote "sh*tlist" for being a carbon copy of the last game with a worse story and even more glitches. The last Battlefield I was looking forward to was Hardline. And...yeah, that didn't quite pan out.

Personally, I'm just glad they've moved away from the standard "let's fight the Russians/Chinese" plot and done something a tad more...refreshing. Even if the CEO of EA basically admitted they gear these clearly M-rated games towards kids with that "kids don't know what WWI is!" shit. Oh well. At least we managed to get him to expose himself for the soulless corperate hack he clearly is. That has to count for something.

One of the trailers appeared to show the Arabian Front where they were on Horseback trying to stop a weapons shipment via train. This was one of the many tactics T.E. Lawrence, better known as Lawrence of Arabia, used in the war. I wanna know if a part of the campaign you play with him or as him? Cause that would be excellent.

I wanna know if famous figures such as General Pershing or The Red Baron will be in the game. There's a ton of potential in this and I'm really looking forward to this. The consumers want to go back to the World War games and I feel like this could be a start. Maybe 3-4 years from now Dice may give us a WW2 game again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Regarding FPS games I've always had a nack for more of the older type and style of FPS games such as DOOM, Quake, Unreal, and so forth. Never played the Call of Duty or Battlefield games myself, just never had much of an interest in them.

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the Halo Series but still I suppose I'm more of a traditionalist I suppose regarding such older styles, although thankfully with more recent titles such as Quake Champions, the more recent DOOM games, and even Unreal Tournament coming back I gotta wonder how FPS games are going to go, especially with Battle Royale games making such a big leap since the end of last year. It's gonna be interesting how the genre can change and keep up in the coming years that's for sure.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

the canceled 360 Remaster of Goldeneye?

Wha-a-a-a-a-t?!?

*digs*

GoldenEye 007: Cancelled Remaster Files Have Leaked [IGN]

The game files for Rare’s cancelled GoldenEye 007 Remaster have been shared onto the internet.

The remaster, originally planned for release on Xbox 360 via XBLA but eventually cancelled due to a rights issue, was brought to everyone’s attention once again last month via a video showing a full playthrough. But now the files have been posted to archive and sharing sites on the internet, allowing the public to get their hands on the doomed project.

o.O;

• Like 1

• 1 month later...