SEGA/Sonic characters in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

It'll probably be so, but not like the first game. The only reason Sonic had the limelight in the movie as he did was because of the deal between SEGA and...Disney, I think, which is also why Ralph was in Racing Transformed. Unless that's happening again, Sonic's probably going to have a MUCH smaller role, along the lines of Eggman. Or, if Mario is going to in it this time, they might just dump him entirely. And the other SEGA characters probably won't appear because, you know, SEGA.

I AM glad they're making a sequel, though. 'Cause the setting opens the world up to a sh*tton of possibilities (Endless Possibilities, you could say). A lot of potentially funny moments. Like, seeing the Doom 1-2 Doomguy and the Doom 2016 Doomguy having a polite conversation with tiny cups of tea. Now THAT would be funny.

• 11 months later...
On 7/5/2017 at 1:21 AM, TheRedAuthar said:

Since it's indie made but the Kunio-Kun Franchise still exists) make cameo appearances.  But should they be the focus over big names like Mario, Pac-Man, and other industry changing names?  Never

There have bee many successful Indie games and I do believe they have brought a greater elasticity in the gaming market for innovative games rather than mere CoD clones. But by nature they are very experimental and there has to be failures in the pursuit of productive innovations. That is the nature of success just as the nature of failure is to play things safe in the fort of the known whilst the demand for new material slowly starves you out. With this said I would recommend neither extreme when it comes the Ralph sequel. We should add icons of Indie origin, perhaps pepper them among the main antagonist and protagonists, but you you want the AAA icons and don't want them backstage to the newcomers at the slightest. Put them on equal plane and you could actually get some amazing banter. Super Meat Boy, Freddy, Mario, and Sonic just gumbo them and go for good writing, herroing conflict,  and interesting interplay over all. I believe indie characters have risen among the rabble and I think there are many placid AAA "icons" not worth the script time. Just pick the best for a good story, after all Sugar-rush and Hero's Duty and all characters relevant to those game worlds did not even exist in our reality yet we enjoyed the tale still for the fun narrative and metanarrative it provided to both gaming culture and general audiences alike. Don't be a indie hipster or a corporate grognard - just write something we relate to, will pay to see, enjoy, and at best find enriching.

• 8 months later...

Here is  an old interview from 2013, with Rich Moore and head of Sonic Team, Takashi Izuka.
In it, Moore mentions he was disappointed that Sonic had such little screentime in the first film. Could this mean Sonic will have a bigger role in the sequel?

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/03/wreck-it-ralph-director-rich-moore-on-sonic/

But I was happy that Sonic had one of the biggest cameos in the first movie. 

Thing is, Sonic had a bigger role than damn near everyone else - in that he had a speaking role. And I always thought it was because of the game deal for Sonic All-Stars Racing - Ralph gets in that game, Sonic has a bigger role in the film. So unless another deal is coming along (which, considering a full Sonic racing game has been rumoured, may be likely), Sonic having an even bigger role in the second film could come across as favouritism. And considering Sonic's, uh...contentious nature, I don't think that'd go down well.

Then again, considering Sonic's more infamous reputation concerning certain aspects of the internet...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...