Broken Games and Crippling Bugs.

Nagol

Recently I purchased Dead Rising 2 Off The Record along with three of its four DLC packs during the 2016 Steam Summer Sale. I eagerly awaited for the game to download so I could get to my favorite pass time of smashing zombie brains while developing an ulcer from how stupid the survivors are. Well after I got the game started everything seemed okay for a few hours until I decided to try out the new DLC costumes I bought. I wanted to see what madness the extra skills would add to my zombie killing mayhem, but I was sadly left wanting as the DLC was not in the locker room of the game... I turned to the discussion board to see if anyone else was having this issue and low and behold a number of people were having this problem. Knowing I wasn't the only one with the issue I started to expect this to be a simple glitch that would be patched in a day or two...

Two days later and it still wasn't patched. Apparently this glitch was caused when DR OTR migration tool for Windows Live was created for Steam users. When this happened everyone who had the DLC or would purchase the DLC, the DLC becomes unusable for Steam users. Here is the kicker...this glitch happened a year ago and neither Steam or Capcom is doing anything too fix this. . .

But I wanted to let you all know of the trouble this is causing me and to leave you all with a warning. Don't buy the Dead Rising 2 OTR DLC. It won't work and you'll be wasting your money. I don't know if the DLC works for the original DR2, It did get the same migration tool as the other game so I would say it too is broken.

I'm going to try to refund it again and see if it works this time.

I'm curious to see if they let me refund as well. Hopefully they give me my money back. They need to get there thumbs out of their butts and either patch the game or take it off Steam. It was on sale and everything. Not one warning about it being broken. That's bad business right there.

Update: Steam has reimbursed me for the broken DLC. Though the transfer of money has a pending date of 7 days, long after the steam summer sale ends (Which is tomorrow at 10am if anyone has any last minute shopping to do) So its good that they are cooperating with this, though I don't see them patching this anytime soon. If you guys encounter this issue or know someone who is having this problem, inform them of steam's refund option. 

Happy gaming, Freedom Fighters.

I broadened this topic to focus on games that release incredibly bugged, trouble-shooting glitches, and generally discussing software flaws in various games.

[Quite a few obnoxious F-bombs and GD - but this nevertheless hits the nail on the head. ]

Any games you’ve been having issues with lately? Do you feel like buggy games are becoming more common?

Ooooohh yes. The whole Patch Culture thing means that Publishers are getting a little complacent about actually releasing finished games. Why need to, when they can just patch it up later? 

For specifics, I think the most infamous is Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5. A game so rushed, so horrible, so uselessly unfinished, that the game isn't even on the disk. The disk only contains the tutorial, and the rest has to be added in via a massive "update patch". So if you don't have Internet, or the servers go down, you basically have a £50 Triple-A game with at best 10 minutes of content. Also the game sucks and you crash all the time AND IT crashes all the time.