New Games/Video Gaming News

This is going to be the topic where we will talk about all the new games and big gaming news.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/20/rocket-league-ps4-xbox-one-cross-network-play-now-ready-for-release-only-needs-sonys-approval

Rocket League has announced that Cross-Platform Play between Xbox Live, PC & PSN is ready to be implemented "In as little as a few hours" but Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham says he is awaiting for Sony's approval first. Major Nelson already agreed to the idea months ago.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, F07E said:

Y'know the funniest part about that is that the entirety of the sonic classics for megadrive barely fill a micro-SD drive. Technological progress I tells ya, it makes me feel so old.

I still remember the 8mb PS2 Memory Cards and that was considered a lot back then

• Like 1

On July 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Wulfsbane said:

I still remember the 8mb PS2 Memory Cards and that was considered a lot back then

Yet sadly it always feels like every new console generation has less and less storage space somehow.

Just now, F07E said:

Yet sadly it always feels like every new console generation has less and less storage space somehow.

I dont think it's that I think since there's more we can do with the space within the discs and the storage capacity within the system itself.

Just now, Wulfsbane said:

I dont think it's that I think since there's more we can do with the space within the discs and the storage capacity within the system itself.

Yeah, a lot more games require almost half downloads to the system nowadays.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Prince By-Tor said:

Remember, this is Pachter; he's the guy we keep around as Video Games' court jester. Almost always is wrong about everything and making wild claims. Wot I cannot believe is that he get paid so well.

Court Jester is a bit generous.

He's more like the Village idiot. Like Jack Thompson

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Oh yes. That. Couldn't see it myself; it was like at Stupid O'clock and I had to be in bed by midnight. And, annoyingly, STILL no news about Project Sonic 2017. Just a rather pointless announcement that Sonic Mania is coming to the Switch. As if we didn't already know that.

That new Mario game though...THERE'S a fun time in the making.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This came out over a week ago, had it pre-ordered and with the recent bug fixes going on the game is just getting better and better. It was made by a group of fans who got the permission and support of the original creators to make it an official sequel to the Localized US Version of Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari, River City Ransom. It's really fun and can be played online with friends to go through the Story Mode or duke it out in Arena Mode where you can also play as the enemies and bosses of the game as well! So yeah if you love Beat em' Ups with RPG Elements that you can play with friends this is the one to get, it's one of the best beat em ups in recent years so I'd say check it out guys.

Hmm, you know I have talked about making a Fighter/Beat em' Up Topic in the past, should probably get on that.

• Like 1