If you had a time machine...

Where would you go if you were not bound by time? 1300's Cordoba? 500's New Mexico? 2500's Moon Colony?

One rule: You can't go back and time and screw up major points in history (killing Hitler). You probably would not be able to do this anyways, you'd get arrested before you took a step into Reichstag, let alone during his youth in Vienna. Think practically.

I would go back in time and and get a bunch of stock in Apple & Microsoft in their early days. I would then sell my Microsoft shares on a high note when the Dreamcast was lost and buy SEGA to reshape the bumpy transitional years of Sonic into a contiguous Satam-centered canon.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, TheRedAuthar said:

Wouldn't that potentially change history?

The stock stuff not that much. Only if you tried to get corporate power. 

---

Goog management for SEGA would probably save a lot of jobs, improve the economy, and end a lot of grief. But that would have to indeed be something to think about. It would be safer to do in the present day when you return to miimalzie alterations to the time line. But do it in the 2000's  you would be influencing how many consumers spend their money, keep their jobs, and what this sub-culture would be talking about and doing.

Well for one I'd  get every original recording of all Classic Doctor Who that's been lost in time and sell them to BBC in our present for a mint.

I'd also make sure to influence ABC and keep SatAM going for a 3rd Season and keep going until it reaches a health end or cliffhanger, getting it good air dates would help, perhaps get Hurst a SatAM Movie. Influence Archie Sonic to either get Penders away or completely control him, which in turn would change the entire course for the comic, probably for the better actually. Keep Sonic The Comic alive and not let Egmont Fleetway screw them over. Pretty much keep those mediums alive and if they need to have a healthy send off.

Influence Nintendo to keep their word on their deal with Sony, which could make a Nintendo-Sony Playstation possible, who knows how that would change the landscape of gaming. I'd have the marketing of Sega Saturn handled MUCH differently in the US and Localize the right games, give Sonic Xtreme a chance while I'm at it.  Change the landscape of gaming with a more advanced Dreamcast, perhaps have that collab with Microsoft too. In fact I'd  also help Pioneer PC Digital Services, around the same time Steam is happening have Nintendo-Sony and Sega-Microsoft have their own PC Digital Services much like Steam and GOG, I would tear open much bigger and better potentials for Gaming as a whole and have it grow far more then what we already have. Have people able to give donations to Mod Makers and ROM hackers as well.

So yeah make money by selling lost pieces of history and forever change the landscape of Gaming, I'd also make Shmups highly respected rather then Call of Duty. XP

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Well for one I'd  get every original recording of all Classic Doctor Who that's been lost in time and sell them to BBC in our present for a mint.

I'd also make sure to influence ABC and keep SatAM going for a 3rd Season and keep going until it reaches a health end or cliffhanger, getting it good air dates would help, perhaps get Hurst a SatAM Movie. Influence Archie Sonic to either get Penders away or completely control him, which in turn would change the entire course for the comic, probably for the better actually. Keep Sonic The Comic alive and not let Egmont Fleetway screw them over. Pretty much keep those mediums alive and if they need to have a healthy send off.

Influence Nintendo to keep their word on their deal with Sony, which could make a Nintendo-Sony Playstation possible, who knows how that would change the landscape of gaming. I'd have the marketing of Sega Saturn handled MUCH differently in the US and Localize the right games, give Sonic Xtreme a chance while I'm at it.  Change the landscape of gaming with a more advanced Dreamcast, perhaps have that collab with Microsoft too. In fact I'd  also help Pioneer PC Digital Services, around the same time Steam is happening have Nintendo-Sony and Sega-Microsoft have their own PC Digital Services much like Steam and GOG, I would tear open much bigger and better potentials for Gaming as a whole and have it grow far more then what we already have. Have people able to give donations to Mod Makers and ROM hackers as well.

So yeah make money by selling lost pieces of history and forever change the landscape of Gaming, I'd also make Shmups highly respected rather then Call of Duty. XP

I don't think a lot of what you whose to accomplish could be merely achieved by time travel and you would get arrested for having stolen BBC property....

The lack of specifics of your plans could actually have a lot more long term ill effects. My idea was to improve one company; not to attempt change all of video game and media history. I don't think you could influence all of these aspects as a single finite person and could actually end up creating a more negative timeline if you let one thing slip. For example what if Steam never happens and you end up with a Nintendo-Sony monopoly not accountable to consumer choice? Or, the union between the two actually leads to a less productive creative culture? Sony made its best material in opposition of Nintendo, not through the complacency of alliance but through competion.

Hmm, yeah I didn't think the whole video game thing through, geez what was I thinking. o_o

Yeah it is for the best to have Playstation be separate from Nintendo, otherwise Nintendo would be the dominant force of gaming, honestly I think them being humbled overall worked out well, DMCA complaints toward fan games aside. Sega could have been improved though, actually you had a better idea on what to do with that then I did, good thing I don't have a time machine.

In my defense with Doctor Who though, I'd try to find a way to buy those during that time before they get taped over, that and historically wouldn't it be good to have all of Classic Who archived?

Okay how about this, if I could choose one thing from Sonic and Sega to change it would be...hmm...man that's a tough one.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If I had a time machine - I'd like to go back to when I was little. I would give myself some good life advice like staying away from sweets and unhealthy food (I am a diabetic). I would do myself some favors. Besides that, I would like back to the fifties when everything was less than a dollar (but then again I'd probably buy a buncha sweets again - wouldn't do me no good bein' like Marty Mcfly - more like Fatty-mcfly). xD

• Haha 2

If I had a time-machine like Bobbert I would give myself some good advice and tell my 13 year old self to be mature around the women you date and avoid dip (tried it once and it was gross). It would be cool to go back to the western days and see what it was actually like. It would be cool to meet Billy the Kid (hopefully wouldn't try to rob me blind). :P

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 8/19/2017 at 10:20 PM, Sargent Beeler. said:

If I had a time-machine like Bobbert I would give myself some good advice and tell my 13 year old self to be mature around the women you date and avoid dip (tried it once and it was gross). It would be cool to go back to the western days and see what it was actually like. It would be cool to meet Billy the Kid (hopefully wouldn't try to rob me blind). :P

I'd like to go to the old west too, Sarge. But, I really would like to see the future, because it would let me see different planets. I would love to see Saturn and its fascinating rings, and Mars and its gorgeous red dust-storms. Jupiter, the biggest planet in our solar system, would also be fascinating to see up close (but not too close, because of the  crushing gravity).

1 hour ago, IronCheeze said:

I'd like to go to the old west too, Sarge. But, I really would like to see the future, because it would let me see different planets. I would love to see Saturn and its fascinating rings, and Mars and its gorgeous red dust-storms. Jupiter, the biggest planet in our solar system, would also be fascinating to see up close (but not too close, because of the  crushing gravity).

I would try to skate board in the low gravity of Mars. You know, experiment. I would totally nail all those hard tricks then. 🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I had a time machine, you would want to see the future too. But I'd really like to go back and time and see the early discovery of America. During the Christopher Columbus days, and see the early Caribbean. I bet it's not the way the history books nowadays says it is either way. Yeah, I think a lot of that stuff has been politicized and taken out of context, either way. The natives don't sound like they were very great to Columbus and vice versa all the time. We all make mistakes, especially in groups. 

I'd love to do some genealogy and see my ancestors, see what made me me. My great, great, great grandparents might be people I don't know, but they are still apart of me. Their choices influence you in a lot of ways. I am who I am today, not just because my choices but there choices. We don't choose where we live at first, we don't choose first language, and we don't choose our first beliefs. Knowing more about your personal history, lets you have more control over those things.

@WarTraveller - I tag you to go next! 😃

Edited by Senior Bobbert

11 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

Alrighty. Well I guess if I could go back in time, I'd pull a Biff Tannen and use my future knowledge to get MMM very rich. Invest in the early days of Twitter and Youtube, get some stuff that goes for a hell of a lot nowadays, that kinda thing.

Couldn't that cause a time paradox? Be a shame if you ended up causing people to keep forever shipping Sonic and Amy instead of Sonic and Sally.  The butterfly effect is scary. 😑

Edited by Senior Bobbert

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2016 at 12:38 PM, TheRedStranger said:

One rule: You can't go back and time and screw up major points in history (killing Hitler).

Darn. So much for gettin' rid of Bill Gates, Hilary Clinton, Klaus Schwab & George Soros... :P

On 8/13/2016 at 10:33 PM, Mike Arcade said:

I'd be on board with that.

A trip to the Old West could be cool, provided it's not a one-way trip.

Watching Annie Oakley perform in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show would be awesome ^.^ Maybe I'd even find a gold nugget or a Colt Peacemaker to take back as a souvenir ;)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...