Food/Culinary Arts Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, I really wish crispy chicken snack wraps and grill chicken snack wraps were back in business at McDonalds. I think Wendy's lost there's too. KFC is out of their potato wedges. I am glad I can at least go back into some restaurants, like Cracker Barrel.  They changed their menus recently. I like their fried chicken  and loaded hash brown casserole.

@Wulfsbane- Miss RedStateBBQ? 😆

Edited by IronCheeze

We are what we eat. I can tell you in my line of work that is very true. One of the people I work with is very sensitive to caffeine in coffee and chocolate and totally effects this person's cognition. I recently recommended this person to cut out coffee and discuss with their doctor to take a certain SSRI. Total positive change in physical interactions (no shakes) and much less clumsiness and muscle tension, focus is now through the roof. If you have a cognition issue with attention, I highly recommend you cut out all sugar you can and caffeine. I actually have one friend who has very different brain to that, and actually becomes more relaxed due to coffee. It all has to due with nuerodiversity. This person, person B, has a part of their brain, the prefrontal cortext that gets power to control more sensitive emotional parts of their brain with such stimulation. It empowers his conscious to shut up overactive emotional parts of their brain. Person A however has the prefrontal cortex too active and effects the emotional part of the brain more carteblance. If this sounds complex, imagine certain parts of you brain have more oil in their cup. The oil is your genes, your neuralgenetics. Water being filled them, nurture and life, fills the cups to spill beyond their function much sooner or later. This gets even more complex when you add epigenetics. Your parents and the way they eat, effects your development and how you perceive and react to food.

On 8/25/2020 at 2:43 PM, TheRedStranger said:

We are what we eat. I can tell you in my line of work that is very true. One of the people I work with is very sensitive to caffeine in coffee and chocolate and totally effects this person's cognition. I recently recommended this person to cut out coffee and discuss with their doctor to take a certain SSRI. Total positive change in physical interactions (no shakes) and much less clumsiness and muscle tension, focus is now through the roof. If you have a cognition issue with attention, I highly recommend you cut out all sugar you can and caffeine. I actually have one friend who has very different brain to that, and actually becomes more relaxed due to coffee. It all has to due with nuerodiversity. This person, person B, has a part of their brain, the prefrontal cortext that gets power to control more sensitive emotional parts of their brain with such stimulation. It empowers his conscious to shut up overactive emotional parts of their brain. Person A however has the prefrontal cortex too active and effects the emotional part of the brain more carteblance. If this sounds complex, imagine certain parts of you brain have more oil in their cup. The oil is your genes, your neuralgenetics. Water being filled them, nurture and life, fills the cups to spill beyond their function much sooner or later. This gets even more complex when you add epigenetics. Your parents and the way they eat, effects your development and how you perceive and react to food.

@Mike ArcadeListen to Red. This is why your crazy. Your brain is made of burgers and potato chips!🤢 LOL.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, MoKat said:

Looks too spicy for me, Red o.O;

*wonders if an Instapot spaghetti recipe she found would work in a crockpot*

Hmm, it would probably need to cook longer, but I don't see why not.

Oh! I found one that's actually for a crockpot! Yay! (I don't like to cook; just wanted something easy & a little different)

I actually these with tomato’s from the garden also made about a five gallon bucket of ragu. I freeze them all in a deep freezer and eat them through the year with family to save tons of money. I then put that money that would be spent on expensive take out and such into my stocks as micro shares. ;)

I will share my recipe some time. It has lamb, Italian sausage, cream cheese, red wine, beef, and about four different types of cheese. It’s meant to be something filling to get people through the winter.

It is a mess to make though! Bubbles everywhere. Scorched my hand good. XD Had to do a lot of clean up. I really to get a new stove. It’s not cooking evenly as I want it to. Want to switch to gas.

8C28F7F3-9BFE-402D-9245-4B9EF4FA3AB5.jpeg

B9C6C3A3-5341-4E8A-A31B-E542FAAEA050.jpeg

• Like 1

I am not a big fan of spicy food either @Mokat. I avoid diet coke too, because of aspartame. I have nocturnal seizures, and that's just not safe. I love fresh guacamole though and all Mexican food. Mexican food is my favorite. Love my local Mexican restaurants. I like Red's Italian food, but his Mexican is the best. He's probably a better cook than @Wulfsbane now. LOL. 😝

I know its not authentic Mexican food, but I still like Taco Bell, like trashy @Mike Arcade. 😝

Edited by IronCheeze
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

@IronCheeze Dig me some Mexican food, be it Taco Bell or Legit. It depends on the day really. I do like making Tacos myself, but as you know I love having mine very spicy. I put red peppers in everything I cook...or eat, whenever I can. :D

Really would love to try Pambazo. People get that one thing horribly wrong about Mexican culture, that's it's just shell-based starches. It is a western culture, not middle eastern! Though there are obvious pre-columbian and arab-medditerranian influences like corn shells and unleavened breads, but leavened loaves do exist there in popular foods like this, and these -

20 hours ago, IronCheeze said:

I know its not authentic Mexican food, but I still like Taco Bell,

There are some things on the menu that I like, such as the Beefy Fritos Burrito, but I rarely eat there. The local Casa Mexicana has authentic Mexican food that I prefer, even though it's more expensive than Taco Bell. And when I'm feeling naughty, I can get flan or fried ice cream there ;)

{Edit: conchas sound good...

Conchas are a soft and sweet Mexican bread with a white topping that resembles the surface of a seashell. This is where the concha gets its name, since “concha” means “shell” in Spanish. The classic color of the topping is white, but it can also be pink, yellow, or brown (which is chocolate flavored).

Source: Mexico in my Kitchen