...What? It was either that or Five Threads at Freddy's, and that doesn't quite work.

Anyway, I've been given the go-ahead to create this thread, and Sister Location has just been released, so why not.

What do you think of the Five Nights at Freddy's series? Got a favourite character? A favourite game? Or do you think the whole thing is a tad old-hat? Go ahead and write what you think below!

I thought the first was original (and that foxy was the least terrifying), the second was the very essence of what every sequel ever is/should be, the third was meh, and the fourth was way too hard (and kinda messed up the series defacto timeline). overall it was a strange little thing that I wasnt a huge fan of, but the lore dished out in the first three kept me invested. it also kept making me think of how the pizzaria wouldnt be out of place in a fallout game, seriously everything that they do/did lines up very nicely with many of the consumer companies in the world of fallout.

...I also feel that the Fallout: Nuka World expansion had a huge missed opportunity in referencing this series.

7 hours ago, F07E said:

...I also feel that the Fallout: Nuka World expansion had a huge missed opportunity in referencing this series.

That would have been interesting. Though I wonder if the fallout from such a reference was what steered Bethesda away from it. As I said, FNAF isn't exactly the most beloved franchise in the world. It's sort of joined the same group of games like Sonic and COD and so on; just sort of that game you mock in the middle of something completely unrelated, because it makes you "look" better, and people will shower you with praise for it. That cynicism, though.

4 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

That would have been interesting. Though I wonder if the fallout from such a reference was what steered Bethesda away from it. As I said, FNAF isn't exactly the most beloved franchise in the world. It's sort of joined the same group of games like Sonic and COD and so on; just sort of that game you mock in the middle of something completely unrelated, because it makes you "look" better, and people will shower you with praise for it. That cynicism, though.

the pun, it hurts me. jokes aside, that makes sense as it's popularity grew to insane levels exceedingly fast, and a vocal minority of wack jobs wound up spoiling it for everyone else.

though I personally think it was just cause fallout 4 kinda sucks as a fallout game, and bethesda were too lazy to even try.

1 minute ago, F07E said:

the pun, it hurts me. jokes aside, that makes sense as it's popularity grew to insane levels exceedingly fast, and a vocal minority of wack jobs wound up spoiling it for everyone else.

though I personally think it was just cause fallout 4 kinda sucks as a fallout game, and bethesda were too lazy to even try.

Yeah, I have to admit I didn't find much fun in Fallout 4. The whole town creation thing was a bit too distracting and a lot of the weapons you can get are useless. And finding extra armour for the Power Armour is a big problem. Might have to start my save all over again.

those are a few of my reasons for disliking it too. add to that a story which can be summed up with "SHAUN!!!" and it was probably the weakest main entry to date, yet somehow people still reserve that spot for 3.

now back to fnaf, sister location seems to be more in line with the book from what i've heard, sooo does that mean the movie might be too?

Edited by F07E
missing text

6 minutes ago, F07E said:

now back to fnaf, sister location seems to be more in line with the book from what i've heard, sooo does that mean the movie might be too?

Seems to be that case. Either Sister Location takes place in the book's world, or the games are going to bring the elements of the book into the game world in the name of compatibility. Or because the possible theories from it drives people crazy and Scott seems to find a lot of joy in that.

I hear Sister Location is very good, though.

22 hours ago, F07E said:

Wouldn't have fit with the narrative of the games. Most computers in Fallout are 16-bit at best. The game wouldnt have been playable unless it was a text based game.

As a book series or maybe something similar? Perhaps.

21 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

Wouldn't have fit with the narrative of the games. Most computers in Fallout are 16-bit at best. The game wouldnt have been playable unless it was a text based game.

As a book series or maybe something similar? Perhaps.

I was thinking more along the lines of an actual freddies pizzaria expy being located within Bradburton or the surrounding wasteland, the abhorrent sketchiness of child murders and animatronic robots that stalk the halls at night in search of unwary nightgaurds and the cover-ups therin are practically like every other company in the fallout universe.

cinema existed though, so maybe it could also have been a cheesy 50's horror movie like that one from The Iron-Giant, who knows the possibilities were endless.

• 1 year later...

With the release of Pizzeria Simulator, I'd say its time to revive this thread a little.

With that said, the more I try to think how FNAF's world is even supposed to logically work anymore, the more my head hurts. How is it both overdeveloped and underdeveloped at the same time?

On 12/5/2017 at 10:04 PM, WarTraveller said:

How is it both overdeveloped and underdeveloped at the same time?

Due to the way it tells its narrative. Basically it’s taken the old tool of The Unreliable Narrator and Revelatory Story Progression seen respectively in Works like The Great Gadsby and The Chornicles of Narnia, mixed them,  and has taken them to the tenth degree. Your perspective is literally fixed in place yet displaces linear time. Though our character is spatially passive, we are utterly thrown around in time between very static protagonists who are give only so much and not even at consistent times. Simply it’s like overhearing whispers of a conversation that is jumbled out of order. Reordering it reveals blanks in the narrative people fill, and with that subjectivity on how people order the pieces comes a varied and contradictory fan-folklore over the same material.

• 4 years later...

*bump*

So, who's played FNAF Security Breach...or at least have seen gameplay?

I've been watching Markiplier's playthru (part 1 can be found here at YT)& it's kinda interesting.

{Edit: Also, any thoughts about MatPat's recap of the series?

{Edit: Yeah, I forgot this had 2 parts; part 2 can be found here, but ~ 1st 4 minutes is a promotional thingy.}

Edited by MoKat
added another video; added a link to part 2
  • Like 1

Interesting video in spite of its flawed bits.

(Scruffy even pointed that out after the video was made:)

This video's gotten a bit of information wrong. For instance, the animatronic scream in FNAF 1 is not a recording of a child screaming, it's a sound clip of a woman's scream from an 80's sci-fi horror film called Inseminoid (1981). Apologies for that!

Still worth watching, IMO.

How Audio Enhances the Horror of Five Nights At Freddy's

MatPat: I think Gregory is a robot re-incarnation of the crying child.

MoKat: That is the most absurd FNAF theory that you have ever pulled out of your butt >.<

MoKat: *shoves MatPat into the ballpit*

Sun: -.- *bans MoKat from the daycare*

But seriously, there are a lot of things wrong with that theory.

First, the lack of a profile for Gregory can easily be explained in other ways:

1) Vanny could have deleted it when she chose Gregory as her next victim.

2) Glitchtrap could have delted it.

3) Yeah, it's possible that there was no profile to begin with if Gregory had snuck into the Pizzaplex.

SB-Vanessa-no-record.jpg.863c1f74169092f50a76b9a2470183c7.jpg

The most obvious reason I don't think he's a robot is: why would Vanny be after him if that were true?

Also, this world isn't like the Fallout universe where something like The Replicated Man is technologically possible, so don't try to tell me "he doesn't know he's a robot" cuz I won't buy it.

Second, robots don't breath...and they don't need stamina bars, for that matter.

Third, Glitchtrap can control animatronics & other machines; it would be far easier to just hack him if he were a machine. If you go for a certain ending...

Spoiler

you'll see Glitchtrap/Burntrap try to hack Freddy & Freddy tries to resist. The player has to torch 'trapster periodically to keep him from gaining control.

Fourth, Gregory has a line about not wanting to become a "meat pretzel"; a robot would not be concerned about this. Granted, this line seems to be a nod to prior events in the series, of which Gregory may or may not be aware, but it's there.

Gregory-meat-pretzel.jpg.b14984a112c62922f70f3ab27d753db1.jpg

So, what do you think?

I put this here because not only is the song inspired by Security Breach, but the animation is too.

FNAF SECURITY BREACH SONG ANIMATION "Total Insecurity" | Rockit Gaming

As one commenter noted, it was made before SB was released, yet still remains relevant.

I know this whole thing was probably animated before Security Breach came out but I still can’t help but be astounded that it still connects. It can come off as Venessa fighting against Afton’s influence but is losing, shes turning the Fazbear crew into the dangerous robots she knows they can be, however separately sees Freddy as the main antagonist in the animation, this can connect because he was her primary advisory in her hunt for Gregory. I love it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike Arcade said:

Been hearing rumors of a DLC, or at the very least a wanted DLC where instead of Freddy as your main man, any of the other three animatronics could be your partners in an alternate story mode.

I have heard this… but so far nothing has materialized yet. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Been hearing rumors of a DLC, or at the very least a wanted DLC where instead of Freddy as your main man, any of the other three animatronics could be your partners in an alternate story mode.

That sounds way too ambitious; how would that work anyway? In the main story, the other animatronics provide upgrades for Freddy.

FYI, physical realease of Security Breach is due out on April 1st (according to GameStop). It obviously missed the March 15 target date 😉

Yeah, it was delayed; if it actually -does- come out on April Fool's day I will be laughing my butt off 😆

GameStop-FNAF-SB-physical.jpg.d85f9f977c1941753822af834f5ab402.jpg

I found another explanation of the FNAF timeline; it make more sense to me than MatPat's.

The Complete Five Nights at Freddy's Story Explained [Wendigoon ~80 min.]

{Edit: I suppose I'm in the camp that wishes "remnant" wasn't a thing, but (as one of the commenters pointed out) it made its way into the games (notably Pizza Simulator/FNAF 6).

Remnant is Canon to the video games unfortunately. In the Insanity ending of Pizzeria Simulator they show a bunch of blueprints for various animatronics and object, one of them being the scooper which has a Remnant injector and Remnant reservoir listed on said blueprint, I also think remnant is a lame addition to the story honestly and wish it wasn't in the game.

Edited by MoKat
added a comment about a comment
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dawko covers more Security Breach news...

SECURITY BREACH IS COMING TO XBOX & NEW UPDATES

{Edit: I found Steel Wool's teaser video by itself...

Edited by MoKat
added another video
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This almost flew past my radar...

Steel Wool Reveals New RUIN Info, FNaF Origins Game, Multiplayer FNaF, & MORE!

Five Nights at Freddy's (FNAF) Steel Wool Game Jolt interview reveals new Security Breach RUIN DLC info, Fazbear Entertainment FNaF Origins game, Multiplayer FNaF game, & MORE!

• 4 months later...

Sheeprampage reports on some new shenanigans & speculates on what they mean.

HUGE RUIN Update Reveals THIS... (Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach News)

Is it an April Fool's prank or will something actually happen on the 13th?

{Edit: One commenter clarifies in this post...}

Just to clear it up for people: The April 6th and April 13th dates for the Security Breach tv site are legit, those were discovered well before April 1st. However, I believe that the 20 minute cartoon listing was discovered on April 1st, so that might not be true.

Also

April 6th is when the camera was actually supposed to be shown, the first episode is on April 13th, the second date