Sonic Forces

36 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

Or it could be legal issues, I'm not too sure. A lot of people have theorised that is why there aren't any Echidnas available.

Penders doesnt have the rights to the idea of the echidnas. Sega could in theory make them and Penders cant do anything about it.

I doubt they have echidnas because of the backstory of Knuckles being the only one left

Just now, Wulfsbane said:

Penders doesnt have the rights to the idea of the echidnas. Sega could in theory make them and Penders cant do anything about it.

I doubt they have echidnas because of the backstory of Knuckles being the only one left

Yeah but that won't stop him from making a big scene about it, will it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let’s hope that SEGA will also give us some DLCs in addition for more animal-types like Squirrels, Echidnas, and Foxes.

I don’t know about you, but I think that this is one of the best ideas which SEGA had come up with before. :)
Creating your own Character means more "Freedom"!
Sure, I would be very happy to see Sally and the other Freedom Fighters officially announced for the game, but customizing your own Character seems to be a very good way to try out something new.
I will try to make Sally Acorn the Wolf, because Squirrels aren’t announced already unfortunately. ;)
In addition, I would try to make Lupe the Wolf, Bunnie the Rabbot, Scourge the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, and maybe also Shadow the Hedgehog. ^^
Yes, I know that Shadow already appears as a villain, but why not? ^^

I guess that I may be one of less persons who will buy the two new Sonic games without reading any reviews of any game magazines. I just will buy and play them, because I already feel hyped about them. ^^ And that’s a very good sign, at least for me, because it’s already been a very long time ago since I was hyped for any new Sonic game for the last time.

I just love Sonic Forces and Sonic Mania already! ^_^
And the music from both Sonic games is awesome, too!
I can’t wait to try them out.
Speaking about music, I’m kind of glad that they don’t use music from Crush 40 (over and over) again.
These games just need some fresh & modern tunes.

Alright, I also have something new for us.

Recently I found a new video about the 2 upcoming Sonic games:
In my opinion a very interesting presentation and talk.
I didn’t expect that I would become so excited about these 2 new Sonic games, but I do. :)

Sonic Forces Character Customization Explained | E3 2017 GameSpot Show GameSpot GameSpot

PS:
I wasn’t exactly sure if I should post this article into the Sonic Forces Topic or into the Sonic Mania Topic, so I just decided myself for the Sonic Forces one, because its name appears mainly for the video-title.
Could someone please tell me in which category you want to see videos and other related stuff for both games in the near future, or should I just share them in both topics?

In addition the awesome looking Promo Picture from this year 2017.

Sonic-Forces-Promo-2017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, thought I commented about the main theme song, I mean it's a pretty good theme yet I do question the choice of lyrics regarding Fist Bump that makes it a lot more cheesy then it should be. Otherwise I'm fine with it, the music itself I'd say fits well.

So Infinite, gotta say I'm not sure if I like this villain, from what we've been shown he's more funny to me than serious for right now considering his over the top theme song and the way he carries himself out. Though I have to wonder if that was done intentionally as some sort of Meta Commentary to certain fans making such characters, I know that seems unlikely but could it be possible that Sega themselves will take a jab at their own fandom? I mean I'd say it's been a long time coming if that's the case but I doubt it.

Also was it just me or did Infinite seem like the character was going to be a Lady rather then a guy? I don't know Infinite's cluttered, Deathstroke & Kingdom Hearts design seemed a bit androgynous like they were going to reveal that as a thing like the whole Zelda/Sheik twist back in 96 for OoT, would make it more interesting if that were the case rather then just being a successor to Mephelis but considering the mask who knows.

My speculation for Infinite is this, he or whoever is a possible Time Traveller from the Future, think of Infinite like an Evil Foil to Silver in a way. That or Infinite comes from another dimension like Blaze or something. We'll see how it all turns out when the game comes out, hopefully he doesn't end up as pathetic as Zavoc did at the end of Sonic Lost World.

I liked him better when he was called Slade Wilson.

[PG-13 violence.]

Apparently he was gobbled up by The Heartless and puked up by Tim-Burton. XP

Also. That design is just cluttered and dreadful. It's busy, noodely, and has no sense of gestalt to its aesthetic. It flows as well as SoJ's timeline for the games. xD

If I brought this to my freshman design class I would get an F... His color clashes, patterns clash, even the Sanders of red light glow with a plastic-cheap luster on the charcoal black.  Voice talent seems to be good but I doubt this fellow will be given any good lines and acting as he seems to be just playing an eldricht fill-in for Metal Sonic...complete with the Eggman wielding a power he cannot deal with trope. I seriously believe a lot of your writers here all can do better than Sega when it comes to designing villain. 

I might even do a challange for just that....

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just saw the metal sonic theme for forces... it sounds pretty techno but I heard some people don't like the techno stuff cause every other gaming company has done it. 

already I have seen people call forces sonic 06 number 2. I think that maybe pettiness but who am I talk of being petty. 

• Like 1

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/09/eb-games-australia-offers-shadow-dlc-skin-with-sonic-forces-pre-order/

If you Pre-Order the game, you can dress your Avatar character up as Shadow...huh. I said that SEGA wouldn't be stupid enough to put in actual character-related items, so people couldn't make ColdSteel. I was wrong.

Eggman Eugenics Confirmed?

I mean from the looks of things he created Infinite out of...something, there's a theory or a very likely possibility on what that is but for Forces Spoilers I'm not gonna say anything on that matter. Game looks interesting though I will say that, I do find it funny if Knuckles is apparently leading a Resistance against Eggman though after all the jokes regarding him since Sonic X as him being incompetent.

Yup, Sonic with a Resistance group Fighting for their Freedom against Dr. Robotnik, I mean Eggman. Why does that sound so familiar? :P

12 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Eggman Eugenics Confirmed?

I mean from the looks of things he created Infinite out of...something, there's a theory or a very likely possibility on what that is but for Forces Spoilers I'm not gonna say anything on that matter. Game looks interesting though I will say that, I do find it funny if Knuckles is apparently leading a Resistance against Eggman though after all the jokes regarding him since Sonic X as him being incompetent.

Yup, Sonic with a Resistance group Fighting for their Freedom against Dr. Robotnik, I mean Eggman. Why does that sound so familiar? :P

However, I do see one problem that needs to be addressed. "The big green emerald in the room" if you will. Why is knuckles is leading a resistance movement when he already has responsibilities to a certain rock? Unless that is explained I am not convinced and I feel is rather a jerry rigged role in comparison with experiences of a now defunct sonic related  property and characters. 

Yup, Eggman created Infinite confirmed...somehow.

3 hours ago, Akessel92 said:

However, I do see one problem that needs to be addressed. "The big green emerald in the room" if you will. Why is knuckles is leading a resistance movement when he already has responsibilities to a certain rock? Unless that is explained I am not convinced and I feel is rather a jerry rigged role in comparison with experiences of a now defunct sonic related  property and characters. 

Yeah it is, unless the Master Emerald is a factor in the plot we don't know what's going on regarding that At least Knuckles apparently isn't treated as a complete joke that he's been over the past 14 years from what we know of the story so far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2017 at 4:25 PM, Akessel92 said:

It's almost as if SEGA forgets the Master Emerald ever exists or something...OH WAIT.

Anyway...

Moar music for Sonic Forces. Is it me, or is the soundtrack for this game a lot more...experimental?

An official soundtrack and a separate Vocal Traxx album has been announced via Sonic Channel, check it out:

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/sound/20171012_001458/

There's also a brand new four-part tie-in comic for Sonic Forces, with art by Adam Bryce Thomas and script by Ian Flynn! Here's the first part: MOMENT OF TRUTH.

Plus, someone found some secrets in the PDF of the comic, hidden in back layers... HUGE SPOILERS!

Spoiler

mQY8Ads.jpg

54v6g0K.jpg

3RYvGat.jpg

nfrHkUW.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't invite Flynn to write the game himself, they seem to love him so much.

Maybe it took Archie Sonic's cancellation for Sonic Team to go "oh shit, people actually like ian." Now he's back with IDW Sonic, and he's doing Sonic Forces work with SEGA.

If Ian was a part of the localisation team all along, I'd be very happy. But he's probably not, considering how late it is now.

I hope they'll have him localise in a future game. Or have him write. We already know he can write leagues better than the Pontaff duo.

11 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

Considering some of the stuff they've written, that's not exactly a compliment, is it?

Ehhh... They have their pros and cons.

Still, SEGA has been allowing a fair few fans to get their shot at the Sonic franchise lately, so it's only a matter of time before Ian writes for a game.

If you are interested into the music of Sonic Forces, then you should definitely check the following information out:

There was a mini live concert with music from the upcoming game Sonic Forces with a few songs, among other songs there was also shown a new remix of Shadow's White Jungle level!

Live from the Tokyo Game Show 2017. (2017.09.24)
Playlist order:
Park Avenue, White Jungle (2017 Remix), Guardian Rock and Fist Bump.
DJ/Compositor is Tomoya Ohtani, vocalists Jon Underdown and Nana Hatori.

Source:
http://sonicunited.org/2017/09/24/sonic-forces-mini-live-from-tgs-2017/

On 10/16/2017 at 2:42 AM, Polkadi said:

Ehhh... They have their pros and cons.

Still, SEGA has been allowing a fair few fans to get their shot at the Sonic franchise lately, so it's only a matter of time before Ian writes for a game.

Let him localize a game first.

I do think he would do better with a game than a comic

• Like 2