Invader Zim Returns!

Nagol

Wiggle your antenna invaders! The mighty Irkin empire is back. At least we hope so. Many sources such as Nickelodeon themselves dropped a huge surprise on people today with the reveal of a teaser trailer for a 90 minute long Invader Zim movie. Such news has made many fan's wet there pants in excitement. Who can blame them since we haven't heard from our green overlords since nickelodeon dropped the show back in early 2000. Although such great news comes with some doubt. Nick dropped the show back in 2002 blaming budget cuts as the culprit for not seeing a season 3. However, series creator Jhonen Vasquez claimed that Nick was basically bullying him into making new episodes by locking him in a cubical and forcing him to work like a slave. Vasquez even stated that he would never work with Nick again...however, that seems to no longer be the case since we have just received a teaser trailer along with confirmation that Vasquez will be behind the creation. They also are bringing back the original voice actors such as Richard Steven Horvitz (Zim) Rosearick Rikki Simons (Gir) and Andy Berman (Dib,) how could anything go wrong? Well considering that Jhonen stated he never would work with Nick again makes you wonder why the sudden change of heart? Vasquez decided to give there relationship one last chance? Nick become more open-minded to Vasquez's work schedule, Or maybe money has become tight and they both figured they could make a buck by riding the newest money-train of reviving long dead shows from our childhood like they were injected with T-Virus. We will be waiting with eagerness to see if this 90 minute long movie will be all that us fans have been waiting 15 years for.

-Nagol

• Like 1

I'm really happy to see Invader Zim come back for this, though it does raise the question on how Vasquez got roped into it as he's not someone I would think that would come back for this. Considering how his relationship for Nick was back then, perhaps enough time has passed by for a working relationship again I suppose. I have read his prior work before Invader Zim...not something I would ever want a kid to read mind you, but hey I'm stoked this is getting another shot along with Hey Arnold and Rocko.

Honestly they must have cut him a great deal this time around, Nick is not doing good and hasn't done so for gosh knows how many years. They wouldn't fire all retro cylinders like this if they weren't screwed so with such a film line up maybe this could save Nick? Who knows, either way we'll get some great films out of it. :)