Melody Maddness Zone: Musical Favorites, Current Listens, and Challanges.

• 3 weeks later...

@SallyAcornLover

Wow - this is a tough one for me. I could probably do a top ten. It would be hard to exclude a lot of stuff I like. Care if we can do Top Tens?

I would love to broaden this Topic to include to other musical lists like “Top Ten Classical Songs” and “Top Ten Movie Soundtracks.” I will be giving S.A.L five points for coming up an inspiring topic. This has inspired me to create a whole topic series for this section of the site. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3.2.2018 at 7:25 PM, TheRedStranger said:

I would brutally sacrifice a million auto-tuned Keshas and Fergis at the altar of the most cabalistic altar to the great Chuthulu just to have this magical musical man for one more song. 

Please don't write something like that, TheRedStranger. Especially as a Christian. I love Kesha and Fergi.

@TheRedStranger

Thank you very much for the compliment. :)

Sure, you can do a Top 10. :)
I wasn't sure how to sort my Top 10, so I thought about to make a Top 5.
Most of the bands which I like to listen to, changes from time to time, but there are indeed a few bands which I will always love like the ones from my Top 5 list.

@ByTor, Prince of Ro’den

Thanks for the list. :)
I will check them out.

EDIT:

Okay:

I already knew Soundgarden before.
I think, Black Hole Sun was the only song I knew before.
Rusty Cage sounds really nice musically, but I have to take a look on the lyrics soon.
Subdivisions from Rush seems to be a song against bullying respectively against superficial society.

3 hours ago, SallyAcornLover said:

Please don't write something like that, TheRedStranger. Especially as a Christian. I love Kesha and Fergi.

I am deeply sorry, friend. I do not intended to upset, but make a point with impactful rhetoric.  I fear you have lost my words in translation. That was comical hyperbole, laughable metaphor to express my extreme disgust for such artists. It’s American humor. It is funny the same way imaging a janitor, a professional who cleans, slinging mud around would be: it’s both an extreme and an obvious untrue opposite, a reversal of expectations. I obviously would never sacrifice anyone to Chuthulu. But I sure would love to see real musicianship once again, rather than predatory puppet-artists bandied about by corporate shills, capitalizing on adolescent youth with blatant over-sexuality. It also sets up an expectation that women are objects of sexuality an over exaggerates pleasure one can gain through excess and promiscuity. 

As for the actual literal and actual subtextual content such “musicians” push, I cannot ethically abide in them. They promote the dissolution of both aural aesthetic, musician ship (too much auto-tune and overproduction), and are absent of any substantial moralizing content. The dollar sign in “Ke$ha’s” name says it all: shallow materialism. And I know a lot of people who followed the pop-philosophy of “Die Young.” Went to see one of their graves today actually for Memorial Day. A love one that partied herself into her grave... :/ The world needs less of this.

Note these are my opinions alone, I demand no one to take them as their own. I believe I can back them up well however and have viable motivation to believe as I do. I won’t say music like that causes one to be become a fiend, but certainly it is a form of artistic junk-food and can be correlated with some societal dissolution. I would not want my kids listening to it, if I had them, especially a little girl. Your opinions are your own. And you have the right to enjoy what you wish. As for me I will stick with music that takes actual skill and has a edifying message. For example your own Martin Luther’s gorgeous hymn:

This is music truly worth listening too. 

• Like 1

@TheRedStranger

Don't worry, friend.
I'm not mad on you or anything. :)
It just came over harsh somehow. At least for me.
That's all.
I'm not sure how to describe it, and I don't claim to be a saint, but it made me sad to read it.
No offence to you.

Bro, that's a very deep topic. ^^
Maybe even a whole new topic to discuss? ;)
I think that I know what you're hinting at.
The thing is, I must confess that I love more than only one kind of music, I love mainly Pop, Country, & Rock as genres, among others.
I like Pop even much more than (Gangster-)Rap / Hip-Hop music.

Sorry to read that about what you have seen on memorial day with the dead artist.
I don't intend to belittle the things which you already mentioned about the music-industry and a lot of Pop-Artists, because it's true, but I have to admit that I like some of the artists (as well themselves as also their music), anyways.
Let me say it's just a part of my taste.

I think the philosophy of “Live fast, die young" appearts also very strongly in the Rock-scene as well. Not only Pop.

It wasn't my intention to denounce you with the raised index finger. I just felt very sorry for the Pop-Artists who you mentioned in the sentence.
I also didn't mean to upset you with it, that was just my reaction on it.

I'm sorry for any possible misunderstandings.

Also thanks for the videos of Martin Luther’s hymn. I just listened to both of them. They helped me to calm down after a hardworking day in reallife.

@Wulfsbane

It's alright.
I'm sorry, I did not intend to upset anyone with it.

@Topic

P.O.D. - Youth of the Nation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...