http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/the-greatest-sonic-the-hedgehog-comic-youve-never-heard-of/

Since Archie Sonic's cancellation many have been quite down due to the news, with those same fans also looking forward to IDW Sonic in 2018, however in light of that I found this article finally giving STC some recognition. It's very well done and highlights how cool STC is and why this writer was inspired to write about his experiences regarding it.

This brought a huge grin to my face, seeing STC given more limelight as it should. :)
Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I think STC did things other comics could never get away with today and for that it will always be more noteworthy in its cultural contributions to our fandom. STC was bold enough to kill one of its heros, and show us there is a price for fighting, even causes in which you believe. Though I think the cast pales in comparison to the Satam cast in general, it was way stronger than anything SoJ. It also showed Amy as a person more than a sad desperate girl that is constantly pining for a teenager (which is wrong on so many levels, especially when you are marketing to "kids," let alone impressionable girls - shame on Sega for that). This western depiction of Amy dwarfs her Adventure counterpart with grace under pressure. Porker also showed more signs of growth and competence than Antoine (yet I think Antoine had a better trajectory in the long term in potential and we see that beyond the sadly cut short Satam). Johnny seemed to be a moral compass to Sonic and broke that formula of Sonic being the preachy moral center of the universe like in Sonic X and Sonic 06. There was conflict among the heroes and it was not merely a cheerleader-birgade like we see in the most literal of cloying ways in Sonic Generation's ending; such made them real people, relateable and much more distinct from Sonic, which in turn gave us more interesting interactions with Sonic as a character.

• Like 2

I'd say it's a shame that the only thing people remember of STC was its depiction of Super Sonic. Which was actually one of the lamer things of that comic...and I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. It was basically Sonic.EXE...BEFORE Sonic.EXE.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 6:22 PM, WarTraveller said:

I'd say it's a shame that the only thing people remember of STC was its depiction of Super Sonic. Which was actually one of the lamer things of that comic...and I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. It was basically Sonic.EXE...BEFORE Sonic.EXE.

Hmm, I'd disagree with you on that as Super Sonic actually has some level of depth unlike EXE Meme, granted there could have been more and there are some flaws on how STC went later on down it's run that I'd disagree with, but what other lame things are you talking about exactly? I mean at least STC Super had something going for it unlike other half-baked attempts at introducing a dark side to Sonic (The VERY brief Evil Super Sonic in Archie Sonic and Dark Sonic from Sonic X). For such an early attempt to do so when the series started to really make a boom in multimedia it's impressive how long the concept has lasted, though mainly within fans of STC anyway.

On 8/29/2017 at 1:11 AM, TheRedAuthar said:

And it's hard to get into.   

Don't get me wrong, I LIKE STC.  But i didn't start actually liking it until quite a ways in.  Not saying Archie Sonic was any better, or heck even the Marvel or DC comics.  But at least Marvel and DC have other medias to introduce you to the concepts.  Unfortunately, there's nothing to prepare you for STC.  

I...can completely agree with you on that, it's not easy to really get into as the concepts and world of STC are FAR more out there than any other Sonic Series, and that's saying something. Granted it does take place on Mobius, and there are Freedom Fighters, but doesn't take any concepts from SatAM. Heck the only thing it uses from another Sonic Series is Robotnik's AoSTH appearance, other then that it uses whatever the games released at the time had and just rolls with it.

There's nothing to prepare you for STC, but at the same time that's also a major strength to it. It's unique unlike any other Sonic Series which can be quite appealing for those who want to see what else is out there. It can be a trippy series and  there are some issues that aren't great but for all it did at the time and how it also kept up with introducing stuff from the games it's a very impressive series. Also reading it from scans online can be quite a pain as stories can be and usually are separated throughout multiple issues, which is a standard for comics sure but sometimes it can be a bit grading how the stories parts are separated.

I mean STC gives you a lot, and in the early half of it's run also gives you side stories featuring other Sega Games, which are really cool.