So the founder of Travellers' Tales/TT Games and one of the developers of Sonic 3D Jon Burton in his spare time is making a Director's Cut patch of the game so it can run smoother and overall better than the original game in his spare time.

Already from the video below you can see there's been some great progress and changes already made that I think you'll guys like, any of you excited for this new revision of the classic game? Let us know.

Also I'd like to recommend you guys his youtube channel this video is on, GameHut, as it shows a bunch more prototype footage of TT's previous Sonic games and other titles they've done in the past.

Red I highly doubt Sega would do anything about this, as other than in one case (being Streets of Rage Remake) Sega has done nothing against fan projects. I mean considering the backgrounds of the Sonic Mania team safe to say Sega doesn't mind or care about this Director's Cut.

It's VERY unlikely that it would be get a C&D, so hey I'm excited how different it feels to play when it's finished. I mean always liked Sonic 3D and while it's not the best game the improvements are gonna be well worth the wait.

1 hour ago, TheRedAuthar said:

That said, back on topic....

I don't actually like Sonic 3D Blast.  Besides the initial wow that it was 3D there's not much there.  

There's also the awsome soundtrack!

but yeah, the whole isometric 3D part and collecting flickies sucked hard. 

On 10/17/2017 at 10:02 PM, TheRedAuthar said:

In all seriousness, it doesn't matter how popular the fan game was or how much work was put into it or how unpopular a move Nintendo made, the fan game was in copyright infringement, and unless Nintendo stopped it, they would not be able to stop anyone else from doing so.  That's how copyright law works.  If you don't stop every infringement you lose the right to it.  

1) Techically the Constitution says your wrong generally about copyright. There is a lifetime limit for things to enter the public domain. 

2) Also according to Fair Use Legislation any works not paid for are safe. The C&D is actually an abuse of the legal system as the lawsuit is fiscally untenable for small companies. Though they would win a court case, they could not afford it. This violates Due-process and has encouraged the actual censorship of free-speech. Many copy-right claims have been made to silence people. 

3) Such a postion is deeply immoral and upholds fascism instead of a free market. It is deeply authoritarian. No one should dictate the free exchange of goods and no one can have a monopoly on an idea. If someone spends their time and capital on something they have the right to distribute it for free freely. To do otherwise is to actually a form of opression by proxy, dictating how they both exercise their labor and capital, the very Hyeckian definition of oppression - the limitation of opportunity. Abstract copy rights lead to actual violations of property rights (right to one’s capital and labor). This issue has gotten so bad that it’s even stifling the sciences as well as arts. For example the issue of Epipen deaths in 2015 due to price jacking of the patent-owner without consent.  

5) We all copy and everything to a degree is remix. It’s how ideas and designs evolve across history. If Viners copywrote the wine-press we would not have Guttenburg’s use of the press for printing for example. 

Here are some economists who are much wiser and learned than you on the subject. I hope you the intellectual humility to listen to them. 

Your Red-tag is not meant to browbeat members like @WarTraveller because you are “triggered” by a single sentence. I want you to remember that. If you want a debate do it where it’s apt.... 

2 hours ago, TheRedAuthar said:

Unless this is the version you played: 

Sonic-Blast-3.jpg

This was how I was introduced to Sonic 3D.  I didn't realize it at the time, but it was awful.  When I first played Sonic 3D (in Mega Collections) I realized how bad I had it.  

yeeesh, that is literal pain to just look at.

oh tiger, why you were literally the best worst thing ever I will never know.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay let's get this topic back on track here, new update with some new features for the game such as being able to go back to any stage, 1 Chaos Emerald per zone, Time Challenges, Sonic Medal Collecting, all adding up to reaching for 100% where you'll get...something.

Man this game is getting a ton of stuff after all these years. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Okay let's get this topic back on track here, new update with some new features for the game such as being able to go back to any stage, 1 Chaos Emerald per zone, Time Challenges, Sonic Medal Collecting, all adding up to reaching for 100% where you'll get...something.

Man this game is getting a ton of stuff after all these years. :)

and its this kind of stuff that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!

• 3 weeks later...