If you were lucky enough to own a play station in the mid 90's you will have no doubt have heard about Capcom's most frightening contribution to the Survival Horror genre, Resident Evil. Many 90's kids still remember the feeling of dread when a zombie moan pierced through the silent dark room of there parents basement. Always wondering if the next corner was going to lead them down a corridor to there demise! 

I'm opening this thread for fans of Resident Evil to share there thoughts of the game. Both past, present, and future. And it doesn't need to stay just in the video games. Fan of the CGI films or live action shi.... movies? Let it be heard! Have a video talking about theories or a fan fiction? Post it! Here is a spot for everyone to freely express there love/hate for one of the most infamous of survival horror titles. Remember....the faint sound of foot steps outside your door are probably not those of survivors....

Six’s game play felt great but the over the top action really stuck a needle in it. I loved the big scope of the story and how it threaded so many characters together. The scope of the story should not be criticized, but instead the contrivances of its action beats. The pace was just frantic all the time which actually made it really grueling at times, like a man having to do manual labor except with explosions, shaken cam, and fast motion... The Neo-Umbrella thing was forced (should have just been a resurgent  Umbrella through a shadow investor and lobbyist, a George Soros/Warren Buffet type). Chris’s arc in particular was powerful. The man had tons of lives atop his conscious and the strain of his job was eating him. He wasn’t as much an action hero in character and he had internal conflict that was eating him as he felt like there was no way out...you can even see that a subtle web motifs throughout the game, a metaphor for his entrapment.

• 3 weeks later...

So since I have yet to play any RE games yet myself but will in the future there's something I'm wondering about the RE2 remake, now I do know that RE3 takes place around the same time as RE2 though that does bring up something interesting regarding it. Is it taking so long to remake the game not because of just updated graphics and a new game engine, but could it be possible that they are incorporating RE3 in RE2? As in they are remaking BOTH RE2 and RE3 at the same time as one game, the Remake Resident Evil 2. Now you must be thinking then what would a remake of RE3 be then? Obvious it would be Code Veronica X as that WAS originally intended to be Resident Evil 3 in the first place. It's something to think about that's for sure, I just hope that they don't leave out all the extras of the Original Games such as Hunk, Tofu, Extra Battle, and Mercenaries even if they're in as DLC later on I just want it all in tact. Although what extras they could add in as well who knows. This just an observation from someone who as known of the series in general but still it raises a lot of questions regarding it's development.

10 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

incorporating RE3 in RE2?

I suspected this as well. To be honest, tons, and tons, of things happened in Racoon. There is also the Outbreak series. Basically RE3 literally started under the project title “RE 1.9.” It is basically an interqual to Resident Evil 2 and even spans a day before and after. You have a lot to work with and you might have a chance to expand the lore, which they already did in REmake. REmake even added new characters as well as areas. It deeply added to the narrative and 0 took that to eleven, showing the true patient-zero of the Racoon Outbreak. There is also the other side games, though they sucked, like RE Survivor. 

I would not be surprised if the update the story, perhaps even the time period. According to the timeline Rebecca (who was 18) would be 38 now. That means Barry (who was around 38) is 58. They might want to retcon for long term considerations so Jill, Leon, and Chris are not pushing 50. I would like to find away around that to be honest. I like the idea of Racoon happening in a time before mass digital phones and mass communication modes like 3G. Leon and Claire would have heard all about it on their news-apps in a few days then as all the attacks were uploaded on a streaming site or YouTube. Leon would be getting texts and FB chat pings left and right from family and friends not to drive down into that quarantined quagmire. Claire would also be able to easily find her brother. We actually saw that narrative become forced already in the 2000’s with email. “I have to find my brother” turns to “I need to email him through Leon...”

I would actually even consider making this happen all earlier, like 1988 and have RE4 take place in 1992. If not there needs to be a narrative rationalization and exploration of the media cover ups and such. I would even recommend making a “1.5” scenario to explore that. Overall I would love to see a series of complex inter playing scenarios like you see in RE6 except in a true 110% Survival Horror genre. Let’s take the Claire A/B and Leon A/B to the next level. Let’s add Jill or maybe even more and retcon it where there is interplay. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

Leon and Claire would have heard all about it on their news-apps in a few days then as all the attacks were uploaded on a streaming site or YouTube. Leon would be getting texts and FB chat pings left and right from family and friends not to drive down into that quarantined quagmire. Claire would also be able to easily find her brother. We actually saw that narrative become forced already in the 2000’s with email. “I have to find my brother” turns to “I need to email him through Leon...”

I know this isn't related, but I swear all that reminded me of this;

https://cdn.dopl3r.com/memes_files/gem-city-atgemhumor-if-the-titanic-sank-in-2017-beerbongs-bentleys-atpostmalone-the-fuck-am-i-suppose-to-do-save-the-ship-KGzwE.jpg

(Put it as a link because there's a swear word in it)

• Haha 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Resident Evil: During The Storm is a mod that takes place during the events of the infamous doomed town of Raccoon City. You play as alcoholic STARS reject Kevin Ryman as he goes though the streets of the doomed city in the hopes of rescuing survivors. Not sure if there will be any tie-ins to the original trilogy or even possibly Outbreak (The game Kevin stared in) but so far During the Storm is looking like a solid mod.  The creator also made a Resident Evil mod called Mortal Nights if you wish to check it out. Its really difficult and should be attempted by veterans of the series.

Edited by Nagol
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, Nagol said:

Resident Evil: During The Storm is a mod that takes place during the events of the infamous doomed town of Raccoon City. You play as alcoholic STARS reject Kevin Ryman as he goes though the streets of the doomed city in the hopes of rescuing survivors. Not sure if there will be any tie-ins to the original trilogy or even possibly Outbreak (The game Kevin stared in) but so far During the Storm is looking like a solid mod.  The creator also made a Resident Evil mod called Mortal Nights if you wish to check it out. Its really difficult and should be attempted by veterans of the series.

There is a lot of buzz on this one. @Nagolcan you do an update on this one for everyone? Oh, and are you going to LP this? You make the ideal choice to crack wise from the POV of a character like Kevin. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:24 PM, TheRedStranger said:

There is a lot of buzz on this one. @Nagolcan you do an update on this one for everyone? Oh, and are you going to LP this? You make the ideal choice to crack wise from the POV of a character like Kevin. 

Yes I'll be making the Demo video this week so hopefully it will be out by next week. It's on my list of LP's for sure.

• Thanks 1

Its going to off multiple playthroughs including one where you are stuck in jail. I really am interested to see how that one will play out. I'm also looking forward to see how each NPC drives the story.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

I love it how Capcom treated the fan-creators, giving them credits even on RemakeRE2’s credit screen. There seems to be some interesting RE fan games. 

@NagolYou going to do a review here of RE8?

I could. Did you want spolier free?

• 4 months later...