I'm not really sure why we don't have a topic for Super Smash Brothers. Like,, why don't we? It's one of my favourite game series ever made. Even if the games themselves aren't that great, the joy and cheer it gives to some people is astounding. It helps that Nintendo has fully mastered the art of the reveal, especially with Smash. Go back and watch people reacting to the trailers for Mega Man, Cloud or Bayonetta and TELL me you don't feel the hype to this very day.

Oh, and speaking of hype...

Yea. Smash is Back. Don't know if it'll be a new game or a port of the Wii U version - though honestly why WOULD it be the Wii U version? - but all the same, we've got some brand new stuff in it - Breath of the Wild Link and Inklings being the two main ones. Since this is fresh on everyone's minds, I thought NOW would be the best time to make a thread for Smash and see what people have to say for it!

For a few questions to kickstart the thread;

1. Do you think this is going to be a new game or a port?
  2. What characters would you like in the game regardless?
  3. What characters do you think are most likely to end up in the game?
  4. Which game of all of them do you like the most?

For me, in order, my answers are;

1. New Game - again, why port last gen's Smash game? They've never done that before.
  2. Sash Lilac from Freedom Planet, Gardevoir from Pokemon, Knuckles/Blaze/Silver/Eggman from Sonic, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Crash Bandicoot and Rayman. Maybe one of the Rabbids from Mario + Rabbids.
  3. Gen 7 Pokemon, another Kid Icarus character, seventeen more Mario Characters and a host of palette swaps; Rusty Tinfoil Doctor Teen Luigi being my favourite of them all.
  4. Wii U and 3DS. Character balance isn't the best, and the old content is somehow worse than in previous games, but the roster is large and varied (bar some questionable choices) and all things said it made a lot of people really happy.

4 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

1. Do you think this is going to be a new game or a port?
  2. What characters would you like in the game regardless?
  3. What characters do you think are most likely to end up in the game?
  4. Which game of all of them do you like the most?

1. New Game. This clearly looks like it was in development for awhile

2. Shadow from Sonic, Lucario (and A Gen VII Mon) from Pokemon, Someone from Xenoblade 2, Snake from MGS.

3. Ice Climbers without a doubt. They werent in 4 cause they couldnt get them to work on the 3DS version.

4. Brawl. While some characters (mainly Meta Knight) were broken the game itself was fantastic. Stage Maker was great, Subspace was a really great story mode, and it had something for everyone

I blame myself for not having a Smash Topic sooner, honestly I have no idea how I didn't make one but hey now we do so thank you. :)

10 hours ago, WarTraveller said:
  • Do you think this is going to be a new game or a port?
  • What characters would you like in the game regardless?
  • What characters do you think are most likely to end up in the game?
  • Which game of all of them do you like the most?

1. That's hard to say, they had such a large amount of content in the last game I wonder if they're gonna bring most of it over to the Switch game. I can't tell just yet if it is completely new or if it's a port with so much added to it that it might as well be a new game. Too soon to say though it being a new game is very likely.

2. Regarding Guest Characters they've added almost anyone I've ever wanted in a Smash Game, so I'd like those of Brawl and Smash 4 to make a return again though one or two more from their respective companies added in from Konami (and in turn Hudson), Sega (and in turn Atlas), Capcom, and Namco. Too many to list on here although Metal Sonic, any Sega or Atlas character outside of Sonic, Simon Belmont, Bomberman,  Sparkster, Zero, Jill Valentine,  Klonoa, Valkyrie (or any Tales of or Tekken character), Terra, and Geno regarding companies that have already appeared but I'd be up for anyone. Rayman had a trophy in the last game though I think he deserves a spot obviously, though having newcomers like Ryu Hayabusa, Kunio, Terry Bogard, really too many to count.  I'd be up with anyone as long as Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu would come back along with Snake returning.

Now as for Nintendo characters, pretty much Smash 4's Roster would be perfect though I'd love for Wolf to return, obviously we'd get the Ice Climbers I mean we can see that one coming. Don't know if we'd have as many Fire Emblem character as much as I liked playing as them though I'd want those who have more unique fighting styles apart from each other to stay (like Robin and Corrin). As for newcomers from Nintendo well there's not many Mario characters they could add left, but I'd specifically want Daisy in due to her tougher attitude as she'd be great for a "Mario Sports" representative. Isaac (Golden Sun), Lyn, Sami (Advance Wars), Waddle Dee, Galacta Knight, Dixie King, Krystal,  Ninten, Kumatora, and two more F-Zero characters. However 3 character from Nintendo's past I'd want the most would be Chibi-Robo, Takamaru from his FDS game, and Mike Jones from Star Tropics. They can add in any new Nintendo character they have for all I care though Dillon would be a good choice. Finally for my own WTH character as per Smash Tradition, if Simon Belmont gets in the game obviously you would need Captain N! xD
But if that's not possible for whatever reason than Muddy More or Sukapon would be my next choices. If any of you knew all these characters then congrads, you're offically as crazy as I am. @_@

3. I pretty much answered this question already in the last answer, but I would like to say that clone characters should be alternate costumes ala Bowser Jr. and the Kooplings as those who were intended to be such in Smash 4 rather than having their own Roster Slots, unless they're movelist gets heavily altered.But if my last answer is too cluttered I'll just break it down as this. Nearly everyone in Smash 4 plus Ice Climbers and Wolf regarding Nintendo Characters and Sonic, Mega Man, Ryu, Pac-Man with a returning Snake for their Guest Characters.

4. I'm tied between Smash 4 and Brawl, I like both so much as Brawl's story was very interesting even though it's Trophy World setting was rather dull, but Smash 4 added in almost everything I could want in a Smash game with so many characters, I had the most fun with that one than Vanilla Brawl. However the only Smash game that matches my fun with Smash 4 is obviously the Brawl Mod Project M. It lives to this day with other projects like Legacy and they had it so right in how the game felt and played it's amazing. I'd recommend any Smash fan to play Project M, the way the characters are tweaked makes them play so much better than in Brawl plus how much it feels like a more refined version of Melee. Plus you have all those classic, remastered stages and tons of different yet fitting costumes for the characters, they even added in Roy and Mewtwo!

Although I don't see myself getting a Switch in the near future (though the games they have for it look really good), I only hope for the best in the newest Smash Bros. But either way I think they'll do just fine with this entry. ;)

• 3 months later...

SO, it's safe to say that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has officially BROKEN every single notion that any fans had regarding this game. EVERYONE plus Daisy and RIDLEY are going in this game with there being a ton of Stages, Assist Trophies, just almost everything you could want in a first full trailer and more.

I have a lot of thoughts about this game but I'd love to hear what you all have to say, please keep in mind to not write anything off for it as this was just the first trailer so anything else such as an Adventure/Story Mode and other details will probably be revealed later. With that said let's discuss.