Team Sonic Racing

Actually considering that Team Racing is a thing with probably a team of 3 racers in co-op games it's safe to say the game will follow the Team Aspects of Heroes and Riders. So a Team Sonic would of course for example be Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. With 15 Characters unless Eggman has his own team that leads to at least 4 Teams minus the doctor or anyone else added in later. Now considering SUMO Digital is doing this one as well it's safe to say besides Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow we'd most likely have Amy and Big in as well since they were in the previous All-Star Racing games along with Eggman. I have no doubts that Rouge will be playable alongside probably Vector and Espio if they're is gonna be Team Chaotix in it. However I have doubts on Charmy and Cream being playable, not sure why as Tails and Amy can drive but they seem unlikely to me. I don't dislike them I'm just saying. I do hope that Omega is playable although that could be a 50/50 shot if he makes it in or not. Regarding that if the Rabbit and Bee aren't in Blaze could fill a void in Team Rose and Silver could be on Team Chaotix as he had worked with Espio once before in Rivals. At least that seems to be a roster that makes the most sense to me anyway, minus any possibly new characters but it seems unlikely at this point.

I'm glad they're doing this game, All-Stars and it's sequel were good but outside of characters and tracks the menus and items were rather basic, at least with the Wisps they are recognizable and established power ups which was one All-Stars weak points as effective as those items were. Overall we can expect a good racing game and I only hope it's roster expands with characters like Fang the Sniper (via using hopefully his Marvelous Queen) and possibly Classic Sonic in his Sonic Drift Car (The Cyclone). Who knows but hey it's looking pretty good, but with this being a Racing game published by SEGA at least you can expect it to be good by default. They're quite consistent with that.

• 4 months later...

It only took them three rushed products of infamous quality to get there. I guess the same stubborness from the 90's never left. Still though, it's for the best Team Racing is getting delayed; Sonic has...a history with deadlines (almost as if they keep making them too short or something), and even a few weeks ago people were saying it was the same old unfinshed rushjob as ever. It's for the better. I mean personally, I don't really care either way. TSR just sort of fails to impress me. But then after Forces, anything would. I might just get Transformed instead. I hear that's pretty top-tier.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

In a way, it plays better than Mario Kart.

The team aspect of it is rather fun and you don't auto win if you get in 1st (so you can't carry the team essentially), the courses are actually fun and single player is rather challenging. The items leave much to be desired though.

Also Big the Cat is there so another negative

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

In a way, it plays better than Mario Kart.

The team aspect of it is rather fun and you don't auto win if you get in 1st (so you can't carry the team essentially), the courses are actually fun and single player is rather challenging. The items leave much to be desired though.

Also Big the Cat is there so another negative

Like Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing games, they look more like racers than kart games so I'd imagine items aren't too much of a focus. They're also Wisps so there's that.

If you want a more Sonic Kart experience I'd recommend Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. It's a popular mod of SRB2 that makes it a Kart game, items included such as using badniks.

• 1 year later...

I just played through the first grand prix on Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed. It was fun. I like the changes between vehicle types. I like the car to boat parts the most. It's pretty neat weave around in the waves, then jump and drift on all four of your wheels back into a car. Still trying to get a hold of the plane parts, because up is dowards and the down is upwards. Red says that how it is to fly an actual plane. There is a way to fix that, and if you have trouble you can use fly assist.  But that won't help me get better, so I am learning how to do it normally. Really love the music. It's got a good, upbeat synth sound. My favorite character to play is Wreck It Ralph, because he reminds me of myself. I am constantly bumping into things in "my blind side" too. 😝

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/27/2020 at 5:52 PM, Senior Bobbert said:

I just played through the first grand prix on Sonic All Stars Racing: Transformed. It was fun. I like the changes between vehicle types. I like the car to boat parts the most. It's pretty neat weave around in the waves, then jump and drift on all four of your wheels back into a car. Still trying to get a hold of the plane parts, because up is dowards and the down is upwards. Red says that how it is to fly an actual plane. There is a way to fix that, and if you have trouble you can use fly assist.  But that won't help me get better, so I am learning how to do it normally. Really love the music. It's got a good, upbeat synth sound. My favorite character to play is Wreck It Ralph, because he reminds me of myself. I am constantly bumping into things in "my blind side" too. 😝

That reminds me that we need to get the newest game on Steam . I have not really looked into it yet, hope it’s good.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 2:04 AM, TheRedStranger said:

That reminds me that we need to get the newest game on Steam . I have not really looked into it yet, hope it’s good.

I really enjoyed playing the first one with our pal David and Mike. So far, good ol' two-tails Tails. I heard you get to ride in planes and boats in the other additions. Excited to play those with you guys.