*Cue rockin' 80's action movie soundtrack*

*A SWAT Bot approaches. Its torso suddenly explodes. A second later, the echo of a gunshot is heard from the horizon. An old black pickup truck pulls up and a 5'3" tall thylacine-like creature steps out, and kicks the metallic corpse.*

Greetings. I'm the writer/RPer/GM formerly named Vlad Yvhv. I've decided to take on the name of my other alter-ego: Rick Tyger, in the spirit of coming to this site for a new beginning. Vlad is still lurking around in the back of my mind, but I think you guys will enjoy this persona better. Vlad has become too much of the cynical and jaded individual. Rick is more of an 80's style action hero. I'm honored to have received the invitation to join this community. While I may not always leave everyone smiling, I'll try to at least go for an amused smirk. ;)

I do quite apologize ahead of time if I happen to step on someone's toes. I don't get out much, and I'm not very PC. I'll do my best not to intentionally cause any problems. Since I can't read minds, it would help greatly if one were to bring any such missteps to my attention, so I can work on avoiding doing so again.

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, you are forgiven in advanced. :) I am always here to help if need be. This is a bright new start for all of us.  

We missed you Vl...Rick. I'm happy to have you.  The RP corner has already opened a thread for you to chat inside in advance. We are bouncing ideas around.

1 hour ago, Rick Tyger said:

I don't get out much, and I'm not very PC.

While I can't necessarily speak for the rest of the community, it sounds like you'll get along just fine with the staff here.

Anyway, nice to see another person I recognize, even if we didn't interact much on FUS.

• 8 months later...

:oregonian_hexer:

Good news! I'm still alive! My old USB modem burned out on me and I still haven't been able to find a replacement. In the meantime, I've relocated my computer in town to my mom's house. My computer has wi-fi capability, but no longer has dial-up capability until I can find another USB modem. As my mom's been getting rather lonely lately, I've struck up a deal where I'll be coming down and watching the house when she's away, and sometimes spending a week in here (going back and forth to check on my dog, though). As such, I've been granted free reign of her internet. So, expect to see me trying to get back up to speed every so often. I won't be doing any serious RPing until I can get my computer back to my place. But I do have some nifty story fragments and ideas for RP stuff floating around in my head, just waiting for feedback to help them grow and connect. In other good news, I've started a preventative medicine for my Migraines, which is also helping me loose some weight, and some new meds to help with my depression. I'm having nice, vivid, awesome action-packed dreams again. Those sort of dreams tend to fuel my works a lot. I look forward to getting back into the mix, and am pleasantly surprised to see some familiar names have migrated.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...