Red’s Essays in Psychology, Arts, Architecture, and Aesthetics.

I have a lot of in depth essays I feel like I should share here now that they have been published. I have been told by some professors that they are deeply interested in publishing them in my college’s academic journals. I will be sending links of some of them and share my drafts soon. I think they would prove interesting to some young artists. I also would like feedback in making them video essays. 

It's cool they've been published ^.^

We had to make short videos about certain cybersecurity terms for class, so I might be able to give you some useful feedback.

• TheRedStranger changed the title to Red’s Essays in Psychology, Arts, Architecture, and Aesthetics.

@MoKat@Mike Arcade@Akessel92@Wulfsbane @Nagol

I have a very unique opportunity due to Covid. As you know, I have a BFA but I am not just an artsy-fartsy guy. I like the science behind forms of art and performance. One key thing I am researching for my future dissertation is the positive effects of recreational arts, in all forms from painting to roleplaying. I am doing a survey to see how social isolation is effected by online Roleplay. We have the best sample size we could ever muster now due to Covid, and this research could immensely be a boon to therapy for persons that are bedridden, geographically/socioeconically isolated, or have health issues that prove to be non-conducive to regular role-play. I want to employ you guys in sharing some surveys and providing input. The information I can gather here can be a 1 in 100 year longshot to grasp.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, MoKat said:

I dunno who I'd share surveys with, given that I haven't done any roleplay (online or otherwise) in years.

13 hours ago, Akessel92 said:

Well I’m curious what will this survey will entail?

That part does not matter Mokat as much as mapping places where I could find possible good pools of people. If you point at groups and places for me, I can send the survey myself. The issue is with a good representative sample, I need to give equal opportunity for different persons pertinent to categorical variables to respond. Reddit could be a good start, perhaps? 

I already have one survey with 700 results. That is more than enough for a doctoral dissertation. Way more than enough. If I can get a proportional sample to that, it would be excellent.  

Now, I am thinking of two surveys currently, one that is the exact same with some post Covid questions about isolation. And probably one more mainly focused on Online Roleplaying and how people self report they feel during isolation compared to the frequency and quality of play. I can get another of the same way after Covid and have a good comparison.

1 hour ago, TheRedStranger said:

Reddit could be a good start, perhaps?

Probably, given that they have entire subReddits dedicated to RPGs and related topics ;)

Wait, you guys are allowed to write papers in first person? That didn't fly with my professors at Utica; could be due to the discipline/area of study though *shrugs*

What was the assignment/topic/wrtting prompt, and what about it specificall bugged you? I kinda detected a bit of disdain in the tone of that paper, BTW.

11 minutes ago, MoKat said:

Wait, you guys are allowed to write papers in first person? That didn't fly with my professors at Utica; could be due to the discipline/area of study though *shrugs*

What was the assignment/topic/wrtting prompt, and what about it specificall bugged you? I kinda detected a bit of disdain in the tone of that paper, BTW.

It was suppose to be informal. And I was not happy with the lack of rigor in the assignment so I decided a more formal essay format. I never use I in my Art History, Research, or English papers.

But I thought of crafting this a little more seriously anyways, so I could later refine it for postgraduate work. I always view my essays as seeds to further research. 

15 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

It was suppose to be informal.

Okay.

16 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

But I thought of crafting this a little more seriously anyways, so I could later refine it for postgraduate work.

If you do, I'll read it.

We always followed APA guidlelines for our assignments (except in certain types of discussion posts), so I'm used to a more formal framework in that regard. Those guidelines include not writting in first person and avoiding passive voice.