The Games Canon & Timeline.

Started this in the Genesis area, because you always start a timeline at the beginning right? 😝

Do you agree with GA’s assessment of the Sonic & Knuckles story? Is it wrong and destroy Sonic’s character arc in the original three games bureaucracy saying Hyper Sonic does not exist? 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:55 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Started this in the Genesis area, because you always start a timeline at the beginning right? 😝

Do you agree with GA’s assessment of the Sonic & Knuckles story? Is it wrong and destroy Sonic’s character arc in the original three games bureaucracy saying Hyper Sonic does not exist? 

Yes and Yes. Considering you do see the Super Emeralds (albeit presumably used up...for now) in Sonic Mania, then yeah I'd highly consider them canon. I mean you could make arguments on "Why didn't Sonic use them in SA1, SA2, etc." but considering the Hyper Form wasn't in those games, I suppose you could say that it wasn't needed in those (highly dangerous) situations. That itself raises further, more interesting questions. Considering that the Master Emerald presumably made the Chaos Emeralds into Super Emeralds, could that imply that the M.E. is somehow sentient and knew it was in danger? Hence why the Emeralds were powered up? In that case, if so many other threats didn't need the Super Emeralds, what kind of terrifying threat would actually need them? 

That makes it interesting! People would actually like to know those answers, and try to figure them out...if Sega would actually just roll with it rather than hold it down.

Also I'd recommend GA's other videos regarding Super Tails and Hyper Knuckles. Just a reminder, Tails needed all 14 Emeralds to go Super, Knuckles can go Super and Hyper like Sonic can. They just don't bank on any of this! Heck, because of gameplay reasons, we finally have Super Forms for all the playable characters in Sonic Mania, including Tails (with the Chaos Emeralds this time), Mighty, and even Ray! This shouldn't be hard, and if a different color of fur is needed then heck that should be easy too! It really can be frustrating to be a fan, but I still love this series despite all that. In any case, if I have a question I'll post one. :)