Hanna-Barbera Cartoons.

IronCheeze

I am a big Scooby-Doo Fan. Did you guys see the new episode where they meet Mark Hamil,  the actor of Luke Skywalker and the Joker? It's funny to see them meet celebrities again. They also have been bringing old characters like the Funky Phantom.

Do you have any old favorite Hanna Barbera cartoons you watched as a kid?

Watched a bunch of Scooby Doo back in the day. Zombie Island was the best cartoons in it's series, followed by Mystery Inc. After they stopped making the Straight to Video Movies about real super natural threats, the rest of that series wasn't really worth it. I'm not gonna watch a Scooby Movie for nearly 2 hours just for it to be a guy in a suit.

Seen a few of the other cartoons from Hanna Barbara, like Yogi, Pink Panther, and the like. Funny enough, the Scooby rip offs like Jabber Jaw and Dune Buggy always stuck out to me. It may just be me, but I really dig them as a kid. They really should have taken that Jabber Jaw 90's music video and turned it into a series. XP

Now, I'm not my parents age being a 90's kid, but I saw all of these due to Cartoon Network before the Advent of What-A-Cartoon. Not to mention Boomerang later on.

Lastly, Wacky Racers, an Ur Example of the Massive Crossover in the form of Kart Racing before Mario made it into a popular genre of games. Also, can I talk about Swat Kats here? Cause I think that's a part of this line of Cartoons.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Zombie Island was the best cartoons in it's series

Scooby-Doo Return to Zombie Island was not as good as this one. I liked the first one where they try to remove the zombie's mask, only to pop off the guy's head. In the new one, its people in suits again, to scare people off "Moonstar" Island. Boring! I like when they face real monsters, like in the original and the old sequel with witches.  Mystery Inc had both real monsters, and fake disguises, and a big story about some evil entity controlling things through Crystal Cove.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Also, can I talk about Swat Kats here?

Yes. It's a Hanna Barbera cartoon (& one of my favorite HB series)

46 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Zombie Island was the best cartoons in it's series

Agreed.

27 minutes ago, IronCheeze said:

I liked the first one where they try to remove the zombie's mask, only to pop off the guy's head

Yeah, that was a great moment; it subverted the usual reveal scene that commonly occured in the original series :)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...