Sonic is way cooler than Mario, I know. But you would not be able to kick Mario's butt with Sonic, if you did not have Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Sonic is too fast for old fat Mario, afterall. 😋 Anyways, I thought we needed a thread for original Nintendo games.🤣

I really like the Nintendo Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is pretty cool. I like how they brought in the music of Mute City and Big Blue from F-Zero. It's cool that you can fight in the Mario Kart games as much as you can race. Too bad Sonic does not make an appearance, that's probably because of Team Sonic Racing.

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, IronCheeze said:

Sonic is way cooler than Mario, I know. But you would not be able to kick Mario's butt with Sonic, if you did not have Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Sonic is too fast for old fat Mario, afterall. 😋 Anyways, I thought we needed a thread for original Nintendo games.🤣

I really like the Nintendo Switch. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is pretty cool. I like how they brought in the music of Mute City and Big Blue from F-Zero. It's cool that you can fight in the Mario Kart games as much as you can race. Too bad Sonic does not make an appearance, that's probably because of Team Sonic Racing.

I absolutely love F-Zero. It’s frustrating that they have not made a new one in years. They explain it as a matter of not being able to do “something new” with it. I call bull on that. It’s futuristic racing, the sci-fi elements are a total tsunami of potential unique game mechanics, compared to another Forza 6282629.5.

• 2 months later...

The new Super Mario 3D All Stars came out on NS. Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, no Galaxy two though. That's a bummer. It's not quite a bit of money for just three remastered games. I still play Mario 64 on N64 on a CRTV, same with Mario Galaxy one and two on Wii. I like to play it classic-style. 😝

• 9 months later...

Welp, it's finally happened, Sora from Kingdom Hearts is the Final DLC Character.

I gotta say, the trailer had me going for a second. Could of sworn it would be a Dark Souls character. XD

I can’t be mad either, he's a great capstone to the biggest crossover game of all time. Kinda feels like it could open the floodgates for future characters in a possible next entry to the series.

I'm not even mad that Doom Slayer got a Mii costume, overall it's been a great ride to watch these trailers and see what famous characters could get in.

What were your favorite DLC Characters that got revealed in Smash Ultimate?

Mine were Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry Bogard, Steve, Sephiroth, and Kazuya Mishima. It's been great, and I hope to get Smash Ultimate sometime soon. :)

• Like 1

What's interesting, as I dont think I've seen this get talked about as much, is that this was a character that Iwata wanted after seeing the results of the fan poll for Smash WiiU/3DS. So I have to imagine finally getting Sora in was not only getting a huge weight off of Sakurai's shoulders but fufulling the wish of the late Iwata.

Now iirc, while that poll's results have never been reported, one of the big Nintendo Insiders said that's 7 out of the top 10 that are now in the game. I believe Crash, Spyro, and Geno are the 3 that arent in. Though, Geno is a Mii costume, story with that is that Sakurai wanted him in but Nintendo Execs said no

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

What's interesting, as I dont think I've seen this get talked about as much, is that this was a character that Iwata wanted after seeing the results of the fan poll for Smash WiiU/3DS. So I have to imagine finally getting Sora in was not only getting a huge weight off of Sakurai's shoulders but fufulling the wish of the late Iwata.

Now iirc, while that poll's results have never been reported, one of the big Nintendo Insiders said that's 7 out of the top 10 that are now in the game. I believe Crash, Spyro, and Geno are the 3 that arent in. Though, Geno is a Mii costume, story with that is that Sakurai wanted him in but Nintendo Execs said no

Seems to me that whenever we get a new entry in the Smash Bros Series, we could see Geno then. I know it's way too soon to speculate what a new Smash game could have, but still its fun to think about it.

Besides, we do have Mods and Fan Games to fill the void, and new Platform Fighters like the Nick game that came out.

In any case, you all looking forward to Metroid Dread?

• 7 months later...