GBHPrime84's Collection of WiP's:

GBHPrime84

6 minutes ago, GBHPrime84 said:

Just getting this post started, the unending stream of ideas in my head shall be unleashed.

The best way to start is just like this, Prime. And just by doing it, you are making a braver step than most. The best way to find you creative voice is through constructive critique, emulation, and practice. For example, Steven King threw his first novel in the trash. His wife Tabitha plucked it out, wiped the cigarette ash off it, and plopped it back on the table. With a few sentences of advice, she helped him finish it. Now he's a very successful writer. It just takes one good push to spark a creative fire into motion. But many don't take the risk such vulnerability with their dreams.  Welcome to Free Scribes. 🙂

If you want to share more about yourself, feel free to talk about yourself here: http://freescribesofmobius.ipbhost.com/forum/27-meet-greet-and-go/

If you just want to plunge straight in -

@MoKat@Wulfsbane@Mike Arcade - Are here to say hello.

• Like 1

Hi! Welcome to Free Scribes :)

1 hour ago, TheRedStranger said:

And just by doing it, you are making a braver step than most. The best way to find you creative voice is through constructive critique, emulation, and practice.

Wot Red said ;)

Appreciate the kind words; I'm not shy letting my ideas out it's just structuring and not getting ahead of myself. XD

Now for the stuff bubbling in my head. Most of these are crossover concepts with some actual WiP already underway, along with some Sonic-only works.

Sonic/Transformers Crossover:

The title is still in the works; as I can't think of anything catchy and am open to suggestions. Set in the Archie-Verse with a few minor alterations, and using a mixture of G1 and the IDW Transformer comics with drawn inspiration from here and there; the story begins shortly after Sonic was blasted into space following the Xorda invasion...

No wait; actually there's a prologue:

The Autobots and Decepticons in their star ships exit a Space Bridge from their home world, and attempt to get their bearings. The Autobots can't find the Decepticon ship, the Nemesis on scanners or visual so they keep vigilante as they fly towards the signal they tracked through the Space Bridge wormhole. The third planet of this unknown solar system... which is being attacked by several craft hovering in orbit, seeming laying waste to it. As they approach they're hailed by the Commander of the lead ship, revealing themselves to be of the Xorda race and insisting the Autobots do not approach of interfere. Optimus Prime not entirely keen on watching a planetary bombardment without knowledge begins making inquiries, and upon discovering the Xorda are basically punishing the entire species for the death of ONE of their kind, that does not sit well.

After using a secure comm-link network between the bridge crew and himself, Prime has the Ark's weapons secretly prepped while he distracts the Xorda on the comm-line and attempts to see if they can be reasoned to back off. When that fails, Prime gives the word and the Ark opens fire, taking out all but one (now heavily) damaged Gene Bomber frigate and some mild damage to their command ship. While this is going on, Optimus beams a message down to the planet, attempting to make contact with the native species, informing them of their attempt to aide them. Alas as the Ark prepares to finish the job, the Decepticons appear, hitting the Ark with a surprise attack from behind. As the Nemesis maneuvers alongside the Ark to fire tractor beams to prepare for boarding; the Xorda command ship manages to get their weapons online and fires upon both ships, causing them to careen too close to the planet and thus are caught by the gravity, sending both ships crashing down onto the planet.

With only one bombing frigate left and badly damage the Xorda Commander figures with how 'weak' the people of Earth are, they need not have to absolutely saturate the planet into a lifeless husk and what few bombs they have left should do the job. Unbeknownst to the Xorda, the Autobot's interference allowed several 'survival bunkers' across the globe, including one very large one to fill up, and seal up before the planet was reduced to a mostly primordial state. Once they finish their bombing run, the Xorda leave, figuring if anything springs from the soup of life on Earth as long as it isn't Human it doesn't matter.

Around twelve-thousand years pass; and the story begins a mere week after the Xorda invasion in which Sonic the Hedgehog seemingly gave his life to stop.

Princess Sally is investigating the wastes near the Great Forest, wanting to survey the geological disturbances the Xorda's invasion and the Quantum dial caused before Sonic got rid of it. Tagging along is her brother Elias, mainly to keep an eye on his sister whom he's worried for since the love of her life died. Sally appreciates his presence, both so she's not alone, but to also have more bonding time between them. Plus she can tell Elias can use someone to discuss his concerns about his impending Fatherhood, we as well as gush over the fact he IS going to be one (even if the child is not biologically his).

Coming across an extinct volcano- or so they thought as it rumbles, causing the ground to shake; but does not erupt. It is then Sally notices an oddity of the mountain she's passed dozens of times in missions to the waste; and thus was never there before until now. Sticking out of the Volcano, is the back-end of a massive spaceship. Once the royal siblings come down from the awe of the sight, Sally is insistent on finding out what's inside and if it's something they have to worry about Eggman getting his hands on since he has installations in the area. Elias is hesitant, but the explorer in him, as well as Sally's war-concerns make him agree and so they set foot inside. Nicole sounds off on Sally's boot, stating an odd but, strangely familiar energy reading is spiking her sensors. Following Nicole's guidance, the two climb through the wrecked ship which despite the damage is still amazingly intact. It's only when they come across seemingly 'deactivated' giant robot bodies do they start to worry. Some are only ten or fifteen feet, others twenty to thirty feet. 

Deeper they go, finally after some climbing they reach what looks like the control room, and the signal Nicole is following every stronger. They come to what looks like a ginormous computer console, a panel on it softly beeping. Propped against it is another robot body, red and blue with a face that for some reason catches Sally and Elias' eye. More over, there's a strange, comforting glow coming from its chest region. They could almost hear a sort of... choir in their minds as they got closer. Suddenly Nicole's systems go haywire and from her beam-port (normally used for her laser function or to beam data to receptive ports), a stream of data is sent to the giant computer, which in turn sends data to Nicole. However as soon as this data exchange happens, Nicole returns to normal, and after assuring Sally she is fine, Nicole however cannot seem to locate whatever data she recieved.

The giant computer meanwhile roars to life; and begins powering up the ship, lights coming on and some programs enacting in the background. A beam from the computer strikes the red and blue robot leaning against it, while several manipulator arms come out of hidden panels on the computer or ceiling and make minor repairs to the robot as its systems are rebooted; its blue optics lighting up as its systems are fully restored. A brief burst of data from the large computer into the red and blue robot help it gain its bearings as well as the native language as the machine notices the two furry organics standing before it.

"Greetings, I am Optimus Prime, and I believe I owe you two thanks for waking Teletraan-01 and myself up."

(will add more gotta get dinner)

Edited by GBHPrime84
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, GBHPrime84 said:

Appreciate the kind words; I'm not shy letting my ideas out it's just structuring and not getting ahead of myself. XD

Now for the stuff bubbling in my head. Most of these are crossover concepts with some actual WiP already underway, along with some Sonic-only works.

Sonic/Transformers Crossover:

The title is still in the works; as I can't think of anything catchy and am open to suggestions. Set in the Archie-Verse with a few minor alterations, and using a mixture of G1 and the IDW Transformer comics with drawn inspiration from here and there; the story begins shortly after Sonic was blasted into space following the Xorda invasion...

No wait; actually there's a prologue:

The Autobots and Decepticons in their star ships exist a Space Bridge from their home world, and attempt to get their bearings. The Autobots can't find the Decepticon ship, the Nemesis on scanners or visual so they keep vigilante as they fly towards the signal they tracked through the Space Bridge wormhole. The third planet of this unknown solar system... which is being attacked by several craft hovering in orbit, seeming laying waste to it. As they approach they're hailed by the Commander of the lead ship, revealing themselves to be of the Xorda race and insisting the Autobots do not approach of interfere. Optimus Prime not entirely keen on watching a planetary bombardment without knowledge begins making inquiries, and upon discovering the Xorda are basically punishing the entire species for the death of ONE of their kind, that does not sit well.

After using a secure comm-link network between the bridge crew and himself, Prime has the Ark's weapons secretly prepped while he distracts the Xorda on the comm-line and attempts to see if they can be reasoned to back off. When that fails, Prime gives the word and the Ark opens fire, taking out all but one (now heavily) damaged Gene Bomber frigate and some mild damage to their command ship. While this is going on, Optimus beams a message down to the planet, attempting to make contact with the native species, informing them of their attempt to aide them. Alas as the Ark prepares to finish the job, the Decepticons appear, hitting the Ark with a surprise attack from behind. As the Nemesis maneuvers alongside the Ark to fire tractor beams to prepare for boarding; the Xorda command ship manages to get their weapons online and fires upon both ships, causing them to careen too close to the planet and thus are caught by the gravity, sending both ships crashing down onto the planet.

With only one bombing frigate left and badly damage the Xorda Commander figures with how 'weak' the people of Earth are, they need not have to absolutely saturate the planet into a lifeless husk and what few bombs they have left should do the job. Unbeknownst to the Xorda, the Autobot's interference allowed several 'survival bunkers' across the globe, including one very large one to fill up, and seal up before the planet was reduced to a mostly primordial state. Once they finish their bombing run, the Xorda leave, figuring if anything springs from the soup of life on Earth as long as it isn't Human it doesn't matter.

Around twelve-thousand years pass; and the story begins a mere week after the Xorda invasion in which Sonic the Hedgehog seemingly gave his life to stop.

Princess Sally is investigating the wastes near the Great Forest, wanting to survey the geological disturbances the Xorda's invasion and the Quantum dial caused before Sonic got rid of it. Tagging along is her brother Elias, mainly to keep an eye on his sister whom he's worried for since the love of her life died. Sally appreciates his presence, both so she's not alone, but to also have more bonding time between them. Plus she can tell Elias can use someone to discuss his concerns about his impending Fatherhood, we as well as gush over the fact he IS going to be one (even if the child is not biologically his).

Coming across an extinct volcano- or so they thought as it rumbles, causing the ground to shake; but does not erupt. It is then Sally notices an oddity of the mountain she's passed dozens of times in missions to the waste; and thus was never there before until now. Sticking out of the Volcano, is the back-end of a massive spaceship. Once the royal siblings come down from the awe of the sight, Sally is insistent on finding out what's inside and if it's something they have to worry about Eggman getting his hands on since he has installations in the area. Elias is hesitant, but the explorer in him, as well as Sally's war-concerns make him agree and so they set foot inside. Nicole sounds off on Sally's boot, stating an odd but, strangely familiar energy reading is spiking her sensors. Following Nicole's guidance, the two climb through the wrecked ship which despite the damage is still amazingly intact. It's only when they come across seemingly 'deactivated' giant robot bodies do they start to worry. Some are only ten or fifteen feet, others twenty to thirty feet. 

Deeper they go, finally after some climbing they reach what looks like the control room, and the signal Nicole is following every stronger. They come to what looks like a ginormous computer console, a panel on it softly beeping. Propped against it is another robot body, red and blue with a face that for some reason catches Sally and Elias' eye. More over, there's a strange, comforting glow coming from its chest region. They could almost hear a sort of... choir in their minds as they got closer. Suddenly Nicole's systems go haywire and from her beam-port (normally used for her laser function or to beam data to receptive ports), a stream of data is sent to the giant computer, which in turn sends data to Nicole. However as soon as this data exchange happens, Nicole returns to normal, and after assuring Sally she is fine, Nicole however cannot seem to locate whatever data she recieved.

The giant computer meanwhile roars to life; and begins powering up the ship, lights coming on and some programs enacting in the background. A beam from the computer strikes the red and blue robot leaning against it, while several manipulator arms come out of hidden panels on the computer or ceiling and make minor repairs to the robot as its systems are rebooted; its blue optics lighting up as its systems are fully restored. A brief burst of data from the large computer into the red and blue robot help it gain its bearings as well as the native language as the machine notices the two furry organics standing before it.

"Greetings, I am Optimus Prime, and I believe I owe you two thanks for waking Teletraan-01 and myself up."

(will add more gotta get dinner)

There is a lot of big concepts to dig into such a crossover. Personally I feel more obliged to help you get a very broad picture to provide you the most creative Freedom. 

1) My first tentative advice is to consider making your own Sonicverse. Don’t fully relay on Archie canon to give you ultimate flexibility. Building in the Archie comic, which has various different writers and tones could hem you in creatively. Satam would be a much easier first step, but if you love Archie more write what you love. But, give yourself as much room as possible before you have 10K plus words and you find yourself nitpicking away plot ideas to stiff dedication to canon, especially with idea that could need flexibility. 

2) I think we should consider the sub-textual and broad conflict elements first and foremost.  Loss is a theme in this idea, to my knowledge the Transformers had a lot of people they were connected to prior on Earth. The destruction of the Earth the defended would be a great emotional shock.  To Sonic’s friends and himself, there would have to be some tension with living machines. They have spent a great deal of their lives to prevent becoming just that. You have a golden opportunity to explore an arc with Sonic in particular. Sonic has been a machine killer, plain and simple. A prejudice against living machines (not an outright bigotry mind you, but a threateningess) could be explored. If you introduce the decepticons after he gets somewhat use to the autobots, then you can really extend that internal conflict in an exciting way. Trust and unity in a common goal against common enemies in not easy to achieve, and this will give Sally a lot of power to move the plot as a diplomat. The opposite theme of trusting and embracing the strange and new could also be explored. Tails and Rotor are probably going to have more naïveté and could be taken advantage of by the deceptions of the Decepticons. 

3) We should consider how certain concepts from the different crossovers will have chemistry. For example Roboticization would be a grand tool for Decepticons. You basically turn organic life into recruits, perhaps use their transforming technology to turn them into new useful Decepticons. Darker concepts would be scrapping Robians for repair parts. And, they could take over Robians for a mob, or even manipulate freewill Robians into joining their cause out of manipulating their despondency and social rejection in Mobian society. 

4) Write down the cliches and things you feel suck about crossover ideas once executed. That way we have a clear vision of how to avoid these. One cliche I see is the just-because villain team up. It would actually be more Interesting perhaps to see the dead lock between Robotnik and the FF disturbed by the oncoming third And fourth element into the war. Guys like Megatron and Robotnik don’t get along. But Snively...oh he would see an opportunity to prove himself. And could defect to further his power. 

• Like 1

1) I've been leaning on making my own Sonic-verse which simply borrows characters and certain chain of events from Archie; so I may pursue this more right now the Archie setting is a skeletal frame.

2) As for this point, loss is going to be a theme among others but I should point out in this story the Autobots crashed on Earth as it was being reduced to primordial soup. The Autobots are going to feel a sense of 'we failed' for not stopping the Xorda; but they never got to know anyone before Earth became Mobius. The theme of prejudice between Mobians and Cybertronians is going to be explored, my next part explaining the rest of the set up ought to answer your questions. ^^

• Like 4

I suppose in lieu of laying out just a synopsis of the prologue and first chapter, I will go over the themes and some story-beat concepts. So a few things to keep in mind; given how heavily I based certain events; I cannot entirely let go of the Archie-Sonic canon to a certain detail. Basically save for things I will list as different for story-beats or to clean up the mess the prior writers made; a lot of the major events stayed the same; as a few of them are the crux that lead into the crossover.

It all starts with Sonic being blasted into space. As the Autobots awaken and slowly become known on Mobius; Sonic is halfway across the galaxy, and coincidentally bumps into the Autobot Hot Rod, who himself is stranded on this alien planet. His original group having set out to try and find out what happened to the Ark crew. Naturally Sonic's distrust towards machines or machine life-forms make him want to just run from the Autobot than give him the time of day. However the locals who are non-too-friendly to off-worlders force the two to cooperate. Sonic knows NOTHING of the galaxy nor customs and interstellar travel; and given how he sees Hot Rod despite dwarfing the locals is trying his best NOT to hurt them despite not being given the same consideration; gives Sonic pause and not just lump Hot Rod in with mindless machines like Robotnik and Eggman's creations.

He's still not a fan; but a solo adventure or two together a begrudging respect forms. Then they link up with Hot Rod's crew who offer to give Sonic a lift since the direction towards Mobius is on their route. Gonna be a long trip but at least Sonic has a means home, and at the very least they can get him to a safer star system to seek another ride in case he can't stand being around them.

Back on Mobius, Sally and Elias BOLT after Optimus comes online; much like Sonic robots are not something to be fond of in their evils, and given what happened with the Xorda, aliens are probably not high on anyone's list. Alien robots are probably the ultimate boogieman. Almost as soon as they get out of the ship and down the hill, they're set upon by Eggman robots who capture and haul them to a nearby installation for holding before they're to be transported to a prisoner camp (since Roboticization has been rendered unusable for now). Onboard the Ark, while Optimus is dismayed that organics fled in seeming terror; he has other things to do. So he finds Autobot Medic Ratchet and brings him back online and along with Teletraan-01 begins the process of bringing the crew out of stasis-lock. After Teletraan-01 sends several drone-probes across the globe and one into orbit, the Cybertronian's begin to assess their situation and how long they've been off-line.

Then Prime notices the kidnapping of the royal siblings (they did take awhile to climb back out of the Ark) on a security monitor outside the ship. Prime being Prime, has Ratchet continue to bring Autobots online and he will keep in touch. Having already been given a new alt-mode when Teletraan-01 brought him online, Optimus transforms and follows the trail. En-route Ratchet radios him asking why he's bothering to help a pair of locals they ran off like they were Unicron himself. Optimus admits he isn't entirely sure, but given the manner in which they were taken it wasn't willing and he also reasons the two maybe able to answer questions they have about this planet. Especially in ascertaining if the Decepticons survived their own crash.

More to come soon:

• Like 2
  • Lore-Respect. 2

12 minutes ago, GBHPrime84 said:

Sorry for delays work has been a drain on my energy. I've been meaning to kinda just show the layouts for ideas I got here and work in progresses, to just show off what I got cooking and get some critic/advice, and see what everyone thinks.

I will pass things along. In the meantime feel free to take a mental break. It’s good to refill the mind. Lot of other places on the site to do that at your leisure. Madlib section is pretty fun. The more stuff we all do together fun wise, the better bonds we make, and thus the more dedicated we shall be to each other’s endeavors such as yours.

Apologies for taking awhile to get to the next part of my summery/ concept discussion.

So after being nabbed by Eggman's robots, Sally and Elias are placed in a large cage with other prisoners since due to the roboticizer being null and unusable at the time; Eggman has taken to rounding up prisoners to send to labor camps. Despite their situation, Sally isn't just giving up, after all the bots didn't bother to search her for weapons and thus she still has Nicole. However before Sally can enact any plan, the prisoners and the robots guarding the facility hear the sound of an approaching vehicle, a red semi-truck that would look more at home in Station Square than the badlands. Said truck barrels through the gates and runs over a few robots before, the cab transforms into the red and blue robot the royal siblings saw onboard the alien ship.

Drawing his rifle, Prime easily dispatches the Eggman robots with Optimus even commenting to himself; "If they weren't Sparkless automatons I'd feel like a bully right now." as he finishes up. With the Eggman bots dealt with, he holsters his rifle and approaches the cage; carefully upon seeing the abject terror on some of the Mobians trapped within.

"Don't not be afraid, I only wish to help you." He gently speaks, his tone assuring despite the heavy baritone and non-organic voice modulation of his vocal processor. With ease, he rips open the cage granting the Mobian's their freedom. With Prime's actions having dampened her earlier fear of him, Sally approaches the kneeling Autobot and a dialogue is struck up. Introductions are made, and small bits of information is shared. Yet both leaders simply do not gush every iota of knowledge, a natural wariness of a leader meeting someone new for the first time, and in Sally's case, this is still a machine she's talking too, and an alien-one which given the Xorda had seemingly taken Sonic from her; she was willing to give Prime a chance since he'd proven to not be hostile; but for all she knew that could change.

Likewise, Optimus aside from mentioning he and his crew are from Cybertron, leaves out mention of the Decepticons or the Cybertronian Civil War. Mostly to avoid scaring off the tiny organics since he's picked up their distaste for mechanical life-forms (especially after seeing the automatons that had been enslaving them). However Prime does make mention of the Ark's attempt to thwart the Xorda, and THAT gets Sally's attention, as she points out that was over twelve-THOUSAND years ago, and fills him in on what became of Earth, now Mobius. Prime is sad to hear he and his Autobots were not able to prevent the planet's destruction; but is glad life managed to still thrive even after the blue world was torn asunder; yet he is worried when she mentions the Xorda tried again, failed thankfully but at a cost.

Without thinking, upon seeing Sally become sadder as she recounts the loss of Mobius's hero Sonic the Hedgehog (who Prime can surmise was precious to her even if she doesn't divulge their relationship to him), his large hand gently braces itself behind her, a single finger placed a top her head.

"If they dare come again, you won't fight them alone." The words left Prime without really thinking; he was making a promise to someone he barely just met; and yet, it felt like the right thing to do.

While awkward some, the gesture of comfort and empathy strikes a cord in Sally; picking up this Autobot is more than meets the eye and not the same as a Robotnik/Eggman machine. It doesn't fully let up her wariness, but something about Optimus Prime brings her a sense of, willingness to trust him.

Likewise Elias finds Prime fascinating, and oddly enough finds the Autobot giving off that 'regal yet fatherly vibe' he wished his own was better at show-casing.

However Nicole picks up a signal and alerts Sally that an few Egg Fleet ships are closing in; probably the transports meant to haul supplies and prisoners. Optimus offers to fight them off while they escape, but Sally objects to just 'running off' as she's a Freedom Fighter and while Optimus is large and well armed, she knows the tactics and weaknesses of the ships. With time short, and seeing the wisdom in her words, Prime agrees and suggests they work together then. Hoping he would pick up on that, Sally grins and agrees; telling Elias to take the prisoners and hide within the warehouse for cover. After Prime lifts Sally onto his shoulder, he re-arms and she calls out the ships and informs him of where to shoot to do the most damage. The two turn out to be a really good team, their tactical minds almost in sync, with each of their own varying battle experience complimenting each other's strengths while also covering where the other may not be thinking.

Despite taking out most of the transports, a carrier deploys several robots, including a few of the Delta and Gamma style Shadow-Bots which are more trouble given even if they're half Prime's size. Lucky for them, help arrives, the Tornado piloted by Tails, with Bunnie flying alongside swoop in to try and cull the field. Almost at the same time, Jazz, and Bumblebee roll up, and likewise help in stemming the tide. With the ships and Egg-bots totaled, Freedom Fighters and Autobots have a moment of introductions as well as get the 411 on what's going on.

"Who's your shoulder pal Prime?"

Cocking his head, mindful he doesn't bonk Sally with his head in doing so; Prime's optics gaze upon the chipmunk on his shoulder. "A new friend, if she allows."

Smiling back, Sally pats the side of his helmet/head; "I'll allow it Optimus. It's still too soon to say what kind we'll be in the long run, but I'd say busting Eggman machines is a good start. So how about you introduce me to your friends, I'll introduce you to mine and we can... talk more."

"I think that is a wise idea Princess."

"Just Sally Optimus Prime."

"Just Optimus will do as well Sally."

Thus something is sparked: Naturally given the long fight against Eggman's robots, Sally knows introducing the Autobots wholesale to Knothole is unwise; so she and Optimus agree to an 'at-arms length' accord. Both so Sally can work on how to break the news to the Kingdom about the new residence, and the Autobots can learn about the planet, and consider their own options since Prime has yet to discuss things with his own crew just yet either. The diplomacy game will be played a bit heavily here, with Prime and Sally exchanging information and working out logistics of introducing Mobian's and Autobots to one another, and what can be done to make it as painless as possible.

Naturally some of the Freedom Fighters whom Sally will confide in about the Autobots for obvious reasons are unsure if an alliance is a good idea; and likewise many of the Autobots feel they shouldn't bother with the problems of the 'locals' and should focus on fixing the Ark and making sure the Decepticons are either scrap or still need to be found and turned into slag. In fact, Prowl and a few others feel Optimus should NEVER mention the Decepticons at all to the Mobian's since knowing another faction of their kind is potential out there; one VERY okay with murdering organics; could cause further issue.

However Optimus after some thought; opts to be truthful with Sally at some point of their early talks; and spill the beans about the civil war. While knowing a less savory Cybertronian faction is possible on her world; Sally's grateful for the trust, and this goes a long way to strengthening the bond between the two leaders.

Eventually; Eggman's antics become too much for Prime to ignore and so the Autobots more and more step in to help the Freedom Fighters, fight off any would be invaders to Knothole. Over time many of the friendlier and outgoing Autobots will begin to strike up friendships if not outright partnerships with their furry friends. Thus cementing the strength and unity of the growing Freedom Fighter/Autobot Alliance. Naturally after so many scuffles the Autobots fully gain Eggman's attention.

"I am the ruler of this world you miserable machines!" Bellowed the doctor's voice through one of his Spy-Eye robots after another battle went south in his favor.

Swiftly but carefully Prime snatches the flying Spy-Eye camera-bot between two fingers and brings it closer to his face. "As long as you seek to rob the people of this world of their freedom, then you will have to deal with the Autobots. The people of Knothole are our allies, our friends, and we will help defend them." Blue optics narrow as he slowly begins to crush the camera. "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings Dr. Eggman."

Once the Spy-Eye is destroyed Eggman sits in his command center; realizing the game has truly changed and not in his favor. The doctor then has the computer access old files of the original Dr. Robotnik; and begins to scour them. The files pertain to a secret of the Kintobar family that was, not so in Eggman's original universe. A secret also tied with the United Federation and even had ties to his Grandfather Gerald.

Long ago, some space debris was found by the Kintobar clan and eventually reverse engineered to be used by Human society in general; but much of it was kept a family secret. Only getting out when after the union of the Kintobar and Robotnik houses, Gerald was given 'samples' of the work, which were ultimately lost when the 'Ark Invasion' went badly.

What was this long held secret? Well the debris wasn't just pieces of a ship; but the remains of an alien, a mechanical alien that was technically still alive but kept in pieces and powered down. On his monitor, Eggman stared at the remains of Megatron, pondering if he should go 'open up' the storage unit containing said remains in the lowest depths of Robotropolis. Maybe, he could find some use for it moreso than the original Julian/Ivo Robotnik ever could. 

A little bit of fun to share with everyone. A commission I got that showcases a scene MUCH later in the story. As I like to call it "Optimus Prime and his fuzzy kids star-gazing, with the daughter's boyfriend tagging along". Obviously set after Sonic returns home from space; with Prime showing them all the star route that leads to Cybertron.

2020-8-30-GBH.png

• Like 3

Another commission, this was both something from my crossover and a piece of art I got around the time the Sonic Movie was making box office success.

"HEYSONICIHEARDYOURMOVIEWASAWESOMECONGRATULATIONS!!"

"Heh thanks dude, now how about we finish this race?!"

"LASTONETOKNOTHOLEBUYSTHEDRINKS!"

Sonic and Blurr.png

• Like 2

If and when I can grab Deebs for commissions then I would. Only downside is they only take commissions during an art stream and you gotta win a slot. If I find another artist good with Sonic and Transformer characters I'd love to have some scene illustrated light novel style.

1 hour ago, GBHPrime84 said:

If and when I can grab Deebs for commissions then I would. Only downside is they only take commissions during an art stream and you gotta win a slot. If I find another artist good with Sonic and Transformer characters I'd love to have some scene illustrated light novel style.

It would really bridge the gap between Archie and a novel. I would do a piece for it, if I can find the time. EoT keeps me busy.

Something to consider for sure; once I have more capital and an artist capable and willing to be hired for such a thing I'd love to make it happen.

Now for the most part I'm done with my 'summery' as I don't want to spoil EVERYTHING for the crossover and to be honest; I don't like to create every scenario right off the bat. Allow for some creative freedom while still keeping notes on the 'big set pieces'. For now I'm going to go more into explaining the themes and some of the situations that will define some of the ongoing narrative as well as the world building and revised lore.

Lore Time First: Since the Nemesis and the Ark crashed on Mobius; some debris of both ships sprinkled onto the planet and survived whatever reformation and changes were caused by the Xorda gene bombs turning it into a primordial soup world. To that end Cybertronian tech has caused some impacts on the planet and here's some of them the story will cover.

The Echidna's didn't become smarty-pants by divine choice: One part explanation, one part kick-to-the-ass for Ken Penders' putting the Echidna race on such a pedestal during his writing run. The Echidna only ended up jumping ahead of the other Mobian species because they found a Cybertronian data-cube which was capable of self-translating its entries and enable a sort of 'mental beam projection' to send the data into the mind of those touching it. While some of the data was corrupted, the technical knowledge allowed the Echidna to 'get ahead' as they leaned on their find to uplift their race mentally and proceeded from there. Eventually the data-cube fell into further disrepair and went silent but by that time the Echidna had become the most advanced race on the planet save for the "Humans" that began to emerge from their hidden bunkers, least those that survived. The cube's fate maybe touched upon in story.

The Kintobar's and Megatron's 'corpse': Well not really a corpse, but the Kintobar thought he was dead, when in reality Megs was in a very deep stasis lock. Out of paranoia however the Kintobar clan as they studied Megatron partially disassembled him in case the 'machine titan' woke up, and was pissed. A smart move as it caused Megatron's internal systems to stay in Stasis Lock past the point it would normally disable itself and awaken him. Over the centuries they studied and attempted to reverse engineer bits of his technology, with some minor successes they patented and released for fame and prestige as well as the advancement of the species technologically. The last 'great break through' happened when Gerald Robotnik whose daughter married into the Kintobar family, was allowed to study the 'Titan' even taking it secretly aboard the Ark, hoping he advanced technology still not reverse engineered from the creature could aid in his research. Whatever became of Gerald's research was lost when the Ark was raided by G.U.N. and the Kintobar's barely got the remains back.

There was however one other who got to look over the remains that was in neither family. When he was his assistant, Julian brought in Professor Nate Morgan in hopes the two could crack the last 'frontiers' of the unknown of the 'titan' and perhaps see if it's power system could lead to a break through with the energy crisis inflicted upon Megaopolis. However Nate soon discovered this 'being' was not dead and instead of exploit the metal being further; attempted to revive it. Not having his family's prize possession taken away; Julian sabotaged one of Nate's experiments that would see to his exile. Yet now Julian was aware his family's prize was not dead, and thus after placing new monitoring hardware in place; sealed Megatron's remains away. Unaware Nate's attempts at revival had sparked a slow, but eventual rebooting process of Megatron's core consciousness. After taking over Mobotropolis and rechristening it Robotropolis; Julian, now Robotnik had Megatron's remains moved to a secret storage bunker under his main HQ. Secure and hidden well enough it would be untouched even by all the near destruction or calamity that befell the city.

Humanity's Survival and Return: As mentioned in the prologue segment, the Autobots failed attempts to stop the Xorda at the very least gave humanity time to finish evacuating those they could into escape shelters. Now sadly not all of these shelters would withstand the damage to the planet. Be it the changing of the landscape or they were not supplied enough to wait out the LOOOONG wait for the surface to be safe for habitation again. Most of the shelters that survived were either the ones built to not only last but have the means to replenish supplies, or had cold-sleep pods to keep the inhabitants in periods of hibernation to stave off supply depletion.

A particular 'mega bunker' when its inhabitants emerged would go about creating the United Federation, the main bastion of human civilization on the changed Earth. Later other settlements affiliated with the U.F. would emerge like the Overland and such. However many would be unaware the 'mega bunker' was not built by the past-Earth Government. If was merely 'added onto', as it was actually found. Unknown to humanity, they had discovered a sleeping 'Titan' from Cybertron, Metro-Titan. Long dorment, the giant Transformer ended up being the keystone to humanity's survival; as well as the 'beacon' that drew the Ark and the Nemesis to Earth in the first place.

Edited by GBHPrime84

23 minutes ago, GBHPrime84 said:

Now for the most part I'm done with my 'summery' as I don't want to spoil EVERYTHING for the crossover and to be honest; I don't like to create every scenario right off the bat. Allow for some creative freedom while still keeping notes on the 'big set pieces'.

That’s very sensible. It’s not pure “pantising” not pure outlining. Broad talking points are good for keeping an eye on the prize but giving flexibility. I typically get my hook, the possible few ends I want, and then flesh out the middle and character arcs. I think of where I want the characters to be at the end episode, then let things happen organically and even Occasionally defy my expectations. I know it sounds odd, but the characters take purchase in some part of you and find their own being in a sense. Soon they begin to do things seemingly autonomously, despite your goals and perspectives. That is the power of good character writing. 

If you need help editing your first episode, let me know. I am here for you and other here if needed.

I've had some delays including all my progress getting mostly trashed. I was invited to a friend's place and took my laptop and a copy of what I had written. My bud's internet was out so I knew I'd be settling for non-online time when everyone settled in for bed. I was on fire and had the damn thing nearly done. The Laptop then DIED and I lost the file. What little I had written before that night is still on a GDoc but but it's still the early draft before my revisions I had saved to that specific file. So I've been trying to recover my work as I go. So not gonna give out dates of when to expect this stuff, as much as I wish I could.

One thing I can do at least to wet some appetites is give some more details on certain elements from the series.

In regards to the Autobot/Mobian interactions a few stand out and play into the story as it goes on.

As my little synopsis has already hinted, both Elias and Sally Acorn are both on the road to having a unique relationship with Optimus Prime. While Max is not quite the douche a certain Sonic writer turned him into be; I'm not totally negating all his negative actions (if anything I just have Sally more in-character react to them, i.e. she didn't put up with it like a doormat (initially yes, but not for long)). So there will be moments where both Sally and Elias turn to Prime for advice and guidance on issues not involving the conflict. While initially wary (mainly due to not being sure if he could advise or give the two emotional support nor wishing to be the cause of a rift between them and Max), Optimus himself comes to appreciate the growing friendship and sense of family. This will of course put Optimus and Max on a collision course of disagreement over things (as well as Max already being on the fence with the Autobots because giant robots; but now one is getting close to his children? You can see where that's going), and well I won't spoil further. 

Course Prime and the Royal Sibs aren't the only ones to gain meaningful relations with the Bots in Disguise.

Mina Mongoose ends up befriending Jazz and Blaster who pick up her singing talent and digging the local music tastes, offer to help 'make some tunes' to go with her awesome singing. So Mina still becomes a pop star, but her band is going to be different, and probably not have Ash around. This friendship I'm looking forward to very much as it will showcase a growing bond outside of the fight against the bad guys; and showcase how the two cultures can come together over a mutual love of artistry and overcoming species issues. Plus it'll be fun for these three and anyone else who may join them end up creating certain 'memorable songs' that Transformers and Sonic fans have been jamming too for years....hehe.

Then we have Tails and Rotor and Wheeljack; short and sweet, invention exchange galore and collabs. Also when more eggheads join in, (like Chuck, Perceptor, and occasionally Ratchet for medical tech purposes) more developments will come up.

Last but not least (as I sadly got to get to bed), Nicole herself is going to have an interesting journey....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GBHPrime84 said:

The Laptop then DIED and I lost the file. What little I had written before that night is still on a GDoc but but it's still the early draft before my revisions I had saved to that specific file. So I've been trying to recover my work as I go. So not gonna give out dates of when to expect this stuff, as much as I wish I could.

Alright. I have had that happen too, its very common. If you use word - I recommend updating the autosave feature to save every ten minutes. I think you can do the same with GD. GD is great for group projects. But final editing is best on Word. I use word for Screenplays as well. If you need to get it out of your head first and foremost, or retain your recollections of lost work - I recommend jotting down bullet points and add what tone you want to go for. Like a goal sheet, loose outline with writer's notes. This skeleton can also help you backtrack when detail is lost, and trim out any fat if you are loosing yourself too much in one part of the story. The LOCK method can help as well. Lead, Object, Complication, and Knockout (resolution). Then pepper detailed notes here and there for the two perspectives in writing: Characters & Reader.

I. Chapter One

A. Chapter One. - [Characters] [Conflict].

1. Leads are in situation X.

a. Character one is dealing with A.

i. FORESHADOWING: for possible X, Y,Z

2. They have Objective A, B, C.

a. Objective A could lead to X.

i. Character Development: This makes character Y concerned about Y.

3. X,Y,Z suddenly gets in the way.

a. Tone Note: Want reader to feel sympathy for villain C.

4.They do A, B, C to solve it.

a. Future Plot Point:  They may have won the day, but have lost X. This will effect them in Chapter N.

I did have the auto-save on, but the entire Laptop died along with the hard drive as I tried to have it recovered. Alas my buddy doing the recovery confirmed it was a lost cause as well. Add this happened while writing offline and thus no remote online safe, well I'm at square one. I thankfully have kept some free-style notes on certain points so I should have the prologue churned out and will post it hopefully within the next week or so if work doesn't bend me over with wonky hours again.

Edited by GBHPrime84

Just as a heads up while I focus on getting the prologue and Chapter one of my Sonic/TF crossover complete, I'll be posting a few of my other fanfic ideas both to get them out there, and get some feedback.

Sonic Fanfic Primer:
Less actual fanfic writer as it's my own personal 'headcanon' primer I intend to use as a sort of guideline to inform readers what sort of 'tweaks' I may make to the Sonic universe for any specific setting canon unless it's a wholly original/mishmash world. For example since a number of my stories use the Archie-Sonic as a setting (as it's the main Sonic series that inspired me growing up) the primer would inform readers what I may remove or add-to regarding certain story elements, like my desire to fix or outright remove all the 'dork age' crap caused mainly by Ken Penders, or the god-awful 'slap' from issue 134. Etc etc, basically this will give anyone reading my one-shots and short series that don't establish background info what's different or why certain elements from the comic or show don't factor.

Untitled Sonic/Sally Romance Series:

Starting originally as a set of prompt stories for a tumblr blog, I found my writing drive for non-crossover Sonic stories invigorated and decided to make a longer series out of this. Take the original stories, edit any mistakes and maybe make them longer and add more scenes/stories between or after each one since most of them have major jumps in events. The main plot crux is starting at the end of issue 50 of the Archie-comic series instead of going back to normal, Sonic and Sally begin a romance proper at this period of the story and it evolves from there. We see them navigate the changes in their relationship and how they handle the world around them together in old and new ways.

Sonic/Beast Wars Crossover:

ANOTHER Transformers crossover you say? XD Yes, as besides the Gen01 bots, when this series aired in 1996, my still Sonic crazed mind started making stories way back when. Now after all this time I have what I feel is my definitive concept. Plus given the size of the Maximals and Predacons this will be easier to avoid the robots being over-powered to degrees.

Unlike the prior crossover this takes place in my own original Sonic setting that borrows elements from all of the different Sonic iterations, but also tries to keep things slightly more simple and straight forward ala SatAM setting wise. At the end of the Beast Wars the Maximals and the captured Megatron are heading home; but are caught by their Transwarp Drive malfunctioning due to a strange Quantum/Time Bubble anomaly and they go off course, forcing them to land on planet Mobius (which is it's own planet as opposed to being Earth after the end). Whatever caused the anomaly is unknown but their ship needs repairs and Megatron was thrown off upon reentry so they have go find the slag heap before he can cause trouble. Sadly that comes to pass as Megatron is found attacking a caravan of locals and while the Maximals stop him, he manages to flee again. After introducing themselves, they find out this caravan is a Royal Convoy lead by the King of the local Acorn Kingdom to which Optimus Primal strikes up an accord to deal with Megatron. There is some early tension but the King soon sees the Maximals are genuine and accepts them and likewise the Maximals ease up tensions on their end (which mainly stem from yet again being denied going home).

Unfortunately they find out the Autobots had once visited Mobius a century or two ago and left behind a few caches of sorts; the reasons are unknown but Megatron finds one and takes over the nation warring with the Acorn Kingdom, forcing the Maximals to fully join 'The Great War'. Stranger still, some of Megatrons rogues gallery seem to be alive; to which Rhinox discovers some sort of 'Quantum Copying' event seems to have occurred (all copying being limited to the start of Season 3 of BW after the time-storm Megatron created by trying to murder Optimus Prime was thwarted), making the Maximals wonder what else may have been dragged from prehistoric Earth. One plus side is encountering an alive Depth Charge (who's pissed Rampage is also now alive again), as well as the discovery that the non-recovered Stasis-Pods were Quantum-Copied and spread about the planet, yet this means Megatron can 'make' new Predacons if he finds any.

During this time, some of the Maximals (especially Cheetor, Rhinox and Silverbolt) create a rapport with the King's daughter and her friends, children of other Royal Court members, and when not off doing the hero thing spend time with their Mobian friends young and old. Eventually they manage to beat Megatron thanks to a new device created by Warlord Julian, and the war comes to an end.

Alas, soon they discover Julian's duplicity. Not only had he been planning a coup de'tat, but his 'Void Bomb' didn't destroy Megatron and his band, merely transported them somewhere where they could be detained, and in Megatrons case, dismantled to degrees for study. In the months following the war's end and 'disarmament' phase, Julian had been reprogramming the Predacons (sans the imprisoned Megatron), and reverse engineering their tech to make new 'Vehicon' robots to compliment his Swatbot army. Oh and it turns out Tarantulas is alive and partnered with Julian who then proclaims himself Robotnik.

All the Maximals can do is help evacuate those they can and flee to the refuge of Knothole. After establishing the refugees and a base of sorts, the Maximals prepare for yet another war; but this time it felt more personal given they felt their coming here gave Robotnik the edge needed to take over. Not to mention the orphaned children some they knew personally; they felt it was their duty to watch over and help raise. So for years they did just that while trying to fight back and reclaim the planet.

Five years later; during a planned raid, Robotnik springs a trap that sends Optimus Primal to join King Acorn in the Void; delivering another blow to the Maximals. It is this event that spurs Princes Sally, Sonic Hedgehog and others to start taking active roles in the war, initially against the wishes of their Maximal friends who, after a period relent and thus the Freedom Fighters both Mobian and Maximal official form.

It's now five-six-ish years later, and the fighting is still ongoing.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 11:02 AM, GBHPrime84 said:

Just as a heads up while I focus on getting the prologue and Chapter one of my Sonic/TF crossover complete, I'll be posting a few of my other fanfic ideas both to get them out there, and get some feedback.

It will be good to do just that. But if these are going to interact in any way in a singular time line, it’s good to have an idea of where you are going with a broad outline. I hope to see an update soon.