Bootleg Sonic Merchandise.

Ya mean stuff like this?

The world of bootleg toys never fails to make us laugh. Sonic Colors was a pretty great modern entry in the franchise, so to see its name associated with this half of the list makes us a little sad. Still, we can't help but giggle when looking at everything wrong with these toys.

[Source: 5 Sonic Toys All Fans Need To Own (And 5 That Are Really Bad)]

Sonic-Colors-Bootleg.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

"As long as this, Deviantart, and Sonic 2006 exist, it will be very hard for the Sonic The Hedgehog movie to be the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise"

I hate jokes like this.

😝 Did not date well that’s for sure! Movie beat Hey You Pikachu.  *Burst out laughing.*

Enough hating though. Give me your favorite rip off product. It’s these  Sonic pickles isn’t it. Cause they’re sour and salty. XP

image.jpeg.e02b17b13d07ee9e687b7ea6a08c3d69.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Honestly guys, really? I mean Pickle Sonic is great and all, but really. @TheRedStranger I can't believe you. You went on to make this topic...without mentioning the King of All Sonic Bootlegs! XD

shirt-1533363409-9836fe0b95b3fe5a671f969

It’s mentioned in the video, dorkus. XP
You think I would forget our first African-hedgehog president. That’d be racist. 🤣

Harry Potter Obama, and the Blue Hedeghog of the Red Roses sounds like a story written by a 12 year old that watched too much CNN and Steven Universe and never read a textbook in her life. Probably named something like Windstar. 

So basically everyone in suburban Portland. 🤣

• Haha 2

I'mma be honest, there ARE some bootlegs I feel corner markets that the official ones don't. I mean, I get WHY they're not made officially, they're often niche items that would end up as them there dreaded "Pegwarmers". I mean, look at some of the figures pumped out for Star Wars Extended Universe characters, some of which are of notice or even common knowledge to a chosen few. But, show me a plush based off of Hyper or Dark Super Sonic and that's already more interesting than another batch of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Amy.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, WarTraveller said:

I'mma be honest, there ARE some bootlegs I feel corner markets that the official ones don't. I mean, I get WHY they're not made officially, they're often niche items that would end up as them there dreaded "Pegwarmers". I mean, look at some of the figures pumped out for Star Wars Extended Universe characters, some of which are of notice or even common knowledge to a chosen few. But, show me a plush based off of Hyper or Dark Super Sonic and that's already more interesting than another batch of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Amy.

In South Korea that basically sums up the plethora of bootleg products there. Sega just has not provided the supply, despite the demand. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, TheRedStranger said:

😝 Did not date well that’s for sure! Movie beat Hey You Pikachu.  *Burst out laughing.*

Enough hating though. Give me your favorite rip off product. It’s these  Sonic pickles isn’t it. Cause they’re sour and salty. XP

image.jpeg.e02b17b13d07ee9e687b7ea6a08c3d69.jpeg

He munches on Chill-Pickles instead of chill-dogs. LOL. 🤮

Edited by IronCheeze
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:36 PM, WarTraveller said:

But, show me a plush based off of Hyper or Dark Super Sonic and that's already more interesting than another batch of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Amy.

I think Sega should make official plushies of these, because people will pay for it. There is ones I'd like to see that I have not seen a lot of, like there are no Archie ones sadly, but I have not even seen Sally one ever, and I was around in the 90's to remember when she was popular. They are really missing out. I think fans of the old cartoons would love to have one of Antoine, Sally, Rotor, and Bunnie. And you could even do their different modern costumes with these same molds and bodies. It would be cheap and easy money!

Sadly it's general supply and demand here, not fan demand and supply. Again, a lot of Sonic stuff is designed to be sold in physical stores (even though they're a hard find in the UK, and overpriced when they turn up) or carnival games, and so Sega keeps it as safe as possible because if they're TOO niche they'll rot in the stores as the general audience won't know who Sally or Antionie are. That's why Great Eastern got away with making so many obscure choices to everyone's joy; they sell exclusively though Amazon, so if they're a little niche it's no big deal.

• 2 years later...