Bug Collecting & Extermination

Wulfsbane

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... So... My Training Room Registration Desk got moved and now I no longer have the clearance to view it. This also blocks it from content searches. A: I have no idea where it is, now. B: clicking on the link from the post update thingy along the right of the forums gives me this message:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

1 hour ago, Rick Tyger said:

Ok... So... My Training Room Registration Desk got moved and now I no longer have the clearance to view it. This also blocks it from content searches. A: I have no idea where it is, now. B: clicking on the link from the post update thingy along the right of the forums gives me this message:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

I moved it in the appropriate area (RP SectionBackstage Area/"Audtions" sub-section) but there should be no restrictions. I will check on it ASAP. See if you can access it directly there. If not - we have some kind of bug.

Here is the link: 

Everyone test it out. Let's see if we have a permission problem.

Could be the case. But if it happens again anywhere else just ring me a bell. I don't see what Members see when it comes to Permission issues. Member perspective is always appreciated. 

I gave you a point to your Reputation-count for your inconvenience. :) Thanks for helping keep the site bug free. 

___

Also, we are considering adding 24+ extra hours to the rule we discussed after your recent comment on the RP Conduct Section. We will be looking at those for revision soon. 

Cool, on all fronts. B|

----

The more I think about it, I think that perhaps this "you don't have permission" thing is something that happens when a topic is moved, and it takes a while for said topic to be reconstituted in a form accessible by users... So, it may just be more of a combination of "pardon our dust while we're renovating" and bad timing on the part of the user who clicked on something that's in the process of being moved. Not sure if that counts as a proper bug or not, but it may be something worth noting while we're getting the site figured out more properly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rick Tyger said:

Any luck with that, yet?

Nothing on your end? This concerns me. I am going to inform you when we update the site and I if this persists then do know we will have reported it to IPS's tech. We can't have bugs that are selective. That ostracizes potential users. I wonder if you temporarily changed browsers if that would give us a clue about what is particularly causing this for you. 

• 5 years later...

Lately, I've been getting errors most of the time when I logout. The usual one is  "a configuration or server error". It's not the Firefox update; I tried Edge & Chrome and still got the same errors. Also had to redo any post reactions because they don't stick the 1st time.

Has anybody else experiened this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/8/2022 at 8:41 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Tell me if it happens again. I did some more upgrades. Next time it happens just send me an @.

Will do. I'm still not sure if the problems was here or with my ISP.

I tried different browsers & got the same results, so I know it wasn't a Firefox update pooping on something 💩