*drops in*

MoKat

Hiyas!

Mike & Ben invited me here, and I've finally had a chance to get a good look at the forums. 

Nice place; I'll probably be in and out at ridiculous intervals because grad school is keeping my butt rootin' and scootin' this year.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, MoKat said:

Hiyas!

Mike & Ben invited me here, and I've finally had a chance to get a good look at the forums. 

Nice place; I'll probably be in and out at ridiculous intervals because grad school is keeping my butt rootin' and scootin' this year.

It's wonderful to have you. :)

Cool stuff! Awesome that you are going the distance! Getting your Masters in Satam Studies, eh? xD 

@Wulfsbane: my avatar pic is kinda old, but it's more recent than the one I originally used at other Sonic sites.

18 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

It's wonderful to have you. :)

Cool stuff! Awesome that you are going the distance! Getting your Masters in Satam Studies, eh? xD 

Ha, I wish! B|

I'm currently working on a Master's in Cyber-Security.

42 minutes ago, MoKat said:

@Wulfsbane: my avatar pic is kinda old, but it's more recent than the one I originally used at other Sonic sites.

Ha, I wish! B|

I'm currently working on a Master's in Cyber-Security.

That's a great program; you could do a lot for the corporate and public sector with that. It's a Nobel pursuit. 

The U.S is basically in a Economic Cold-War with the Chinese Communist government ("hybrid warfare") and they hit both our public and our private sectors pretty hard. My father is in the Deperatment of Defense and a federal employee in Frankfort; we are pretty certain that hackers got a hold of some info on him because of lousy cyber-defense in our current administration. That's bothersome seeing how Isis would love personal info on a military guy who works in logistics. That work can protect people like him (and by proxy myself) or people trying to improve the economy alike. 

I go to EKU and we are suppose to have a good Homeland Security department. I wonder how much they do in your field. 

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Rick Tyger said:

I'm hanging out at my mom's house this week, so I'll have internet access all week. Next week, I'm back home and will be online only once every few days.

I certainly hope things go well for you.

Thanks.

I guess that means the Dark Curse RPG over at FUS is dead then...should I go over there & post something in that thread to make it official?