• 2 weeks later...

I would rather live a quality life than a crappy one though. I saw people follow this line of logic to an unhealthy extreme, Ishpar. I have lost both an aunt and an uncle to very unhealthy/alternative lifestyles - one in their fourties one in their early fifties. And they were miserable more than they were were happy during the time. That's no way to go and you leave people when you do that. That's also why I eat healthy, don't abuse substances, don't fool around, and enjoy athletics. A Healthy life is a happy life, not just for you but those who love and like you. For your sake, their sake and ours, consider that, Ish.

9 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

I would rather live a quality life than a crappy one though. I saw people follow this line of logic to an unhealthy extreme, Ishpar. I have lost both an aunt and an uncle to very unhealthy/alternative lifestyles - one in their fourties one in their early fifties. And they were miserable more than they were were happy during the time. That's no way to go and you leave people when you do that. That's also why I eat healthy, don't abuse substances, don't fool around, and enjoy athletics. A Healthy life is a happy life, not just for you but those who love and like you. For your sake, their sake and ours, consider that, Ish.

Not saying to eat unhealthy or have an unhealthy lifestyle, just live life to the fullest and by your own rules.

• 6 months later...
On 1/21/2017 at 4:10 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Sugar is the real cause of modern obesity....

High fructose corn syrup is worse; there is a reason it's been banned in many countries.

High-fructose corn syrup is a common sweetener in sodas and fruit-flavored drinks. As use of high-fructose corn syrup has increased, so have levels of obesity and related health problems. Some wonder if there's a connection.

Source: What is high-fructose corn syrup? What are the health concerns?

This heaithline article explains the difference:6 Reasons Why High-Fructose Corn Syrup Is Bad for You

Most starchy carbs, such as rice, are broken down into glucose⁠ — the basic form of carbs. However, table sugar and HFCS comprise around 50% glucose and 50% fructose (5).

Glucose is easily transported and utilized by every cell in your body. It's also the predominant fuel source for high-intensity exercise and various processes.

In contrast, the fructose from high fructose corn syrup or table sugar needs to be converted into glucose, glycogen (stored carbs), or fat by the liver before it can be used as fuel.

The Healthline article also has an important note:

It’s important to note that the detrimental effects of fructose in added sugar, including HFCS, should not be equated with the fructose in fruit. It’s difficult to consume excessive amounts of fructose from whole fruits, which are healthy and safe in sensible amounts.

And an intersting statistic:

Moreover, the availability of HFCS and sugar has also increased average daily calorie intake, a key factor in weight gain. Research suggests people now consume over 500 calories per day from sugar, on average, which may be 300% more than 50 years ago

A Cleveland Clinic article made the following statement:

Eating too much high fructose corn syrup can lead to insulin resistance, obesity, type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.

This blog from 2011 agrees and called out the Corn Refiners Association’s for their deceptive promotion of HFCS

When used in moderation it is a major cause of heart disease, obesity, cancer, dementia, liver failure, tooth decay, and more.

• 5 weeks later...

This could easily fit under the Pandemic topic or even the Cybersecurity topic, but since the main focus is the distribution of fake health news, I am sharing this here.

Facebook: A Danger To Public Health?

Facebook is failing to quarantine fake news. Bogus posts about health have raked up 3.8 billion views in the past year. The pandemic has made it worse with mind-boggling myths about cures.

1 hour ago, MoKat said:

Once again, Palki tells it like it is:

Gravitas Plus: Is your health food healthy? [video]

This comment sums up my impressions:

You and I seem to be outsourcing our news lately. A democratic India could help us out with our own American bipartisan fake news problem. Healthy living is a huge issue, but we are abandoning a lot of science and conservative moral truths such as temperance with crazy social movements

18 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

You and I seem to be outsourcing our news lately.

That's because we cannot trust mainstream media in the U.S. these days :P

A democratic India could help us out with our own American bipartisan fake news problem.

Possibly. I trust WION/Gravitas more than CBS World News.

Healthy living is a huge issue, but we are abandoning a lot of science and conservative moral truths...

Sad, but true. The fact that "crazy social movements" and other fake news tend to trend on social media doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...

Ultra-Processed Foods have shown correlation with shortening telemeres, a part of our cells responsible for regeneration. When shortened, it causes our bodies to age.

More research will probably be needed, but as we uncover more information, I strongly recommend avoiding highly processed foods. There are other sources here related that should be read as well. It looks the “diet” is diet sodas are also causing this in men. 

3 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

I strongly recommend avoiding highly processed foods.

Yeah, I think highly processed foods have been linked to everything from heart disease to obesity.

I found this blog which might be helpful - Real Food Tips: 8 Ways to Avoid Processed Food

5. Avoid store-bought products containing high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) and those “that have some form of sugar (or sweetener) listed among the top three ingredients.”* Despite the mixed research on if HFCS is really worse for you than good ol’ white sugar, it just happens to be “a reliable marker for a food product that has been highly processed”.

I've been saying that for years :D

23 minutes ago, MoKat said:

Yeah, I think highly processed foods have been linked to everything from heart disease to obesity.

I found this blog which might be helpful - Real Food Tips: 8 Ways to Avoid Processed Food

I've been saying that for years :D

I have to check every label for my clients as a CLS worker, one of them is a diabetic, and was let to have this stuff for years (the person’s step mother was using SSI for beer and smokes and giving barely trickle of the cash for food). We took my client’s A1C’s a few months back - no longer at diabetic levels.

• 2 months later...

As you all probably know, Pzier and Modern has announced two 90%+ cures to the virus. This excellent news.

The bad news, governments, want to be charge of distribution, and plan to politicize our safety for all its selfishly worth. Here is a big example. Another would be this:

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/09/ny-gov-andrew-cuomo-vows-to-block-covid-19-vaccine-distribution-says-its-bad-that-vaccine-came-during-trump-admin/

It’s scary how much people are willing to sell out optimization of safety for partisan pet-philosophies and pettiness. 

48 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

The bad news, governments, want to be charge of distribution, and plan to politicize our safety

Boo! *hiss* Boo!

Healthcare workers should get it first, IMO.

49 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

It’s scary how much people are willing to sell out optimization of safety for partisan pet-philosophies and pettiness. 

Yes, it is. Cuomo is the "poster child" for that 😡

• 1 month later...