Here is a fun thought experiment from my good old days at FUS:

You ask a question about a plot point, issue, or anything that left you confused or nit-picking from the original Satam series. Then, everyone else tries to come up with an interesting, exciting, and intelligent answer for it. It's not a game about criticizing - it's all about improving.

I'll go first, revisiting my very first old question and spinning off of it from there. 

In a world where the majority of the population is Roboticized, why does Robotnik consume so much resources and builds so much industry? What needs are being met by all this industry in a world with only Robians (who don't sleep, eat, drink, buy yo-yo's, ect.)?

5 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

In a world where the majority of the population is Roboticized, why does Robotnik consume so much resources and builds so much industry? What needs are being met by all this industry in a world with only Robians (who don't sleep, eat, drink, buy yo-yo's, ect.)?

Part of me thinks it has to do with the upkeep of the Mobians itself or the fact that it apears he hasnt conquered the whole planet yet as Snivley mentioned other Freedom Fighters before (I think he said they were in the North?), but the real reason has never been explained. I do want to know why this is so.

Here's a good question I have

HOW was Robotnik able to hide his true intentions all long and not even a single person suspected anything and if he took over the city wouldnt he have been able to figure out Knothole's loaction via something in the castle (like a note or a map of the kingdom?)

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 11:56 PM, TheRedStranger said:

my guess is that he was establishing the infrastructure necessary to move forward with galactic conquest once the whole planet was under his control, the freedom fighters continued persistence was the only thing preventing that end.

On 6/4/2016 at 0:05 AM, Wulfsbane said:

HOW was Robotnik able to hide his true intentions all long and not even a single person suspected anything and if he took over the city wouldnt he have been able to figure out Knothole's loaction via something in the castle (like a note or a map of the kingdom?)

Personally I like how the webcomic sea3on handled it in that there was people who didn't trust him, but he ultimately was the key player who turned the tide of the great war in favor of the kingdom which in turn endeared him to a majority of the population. a lack of evidence allowed him to play the system into his favor. with regards to the second point, I'd assume there was some sort of contingency in place of destroying all sensitive data in the event of an invading force breaking their defenses, and knothole just happened to be first on the list. now if robotnik had memorized the maps its possible they could have just moved knothole deeper into the great forest to throw him off.

1 hour ago, Wulfsbane said:

Do you think the events of Blast to the Past changed more than what was shown at the end/after the episode? If so, what was changed and how would it have been different if otherwise?

Oooh I know this one!!! I had a discussion with a guy over on DA and this was one of the things that came up: following the episode the king was now trapped in the void. in the previous season it was implied (at least in one episode) that the king was alive and well, and merely pulling a queen aleena as he left both a message and part of his cape behind in an old prison. Unless there was another mysterious benefactor at play (and if I'm going that route I say bring in aleena, drop her position down to nobility and it kinda works), it also brought up the point that it may have explained dulcy's sudden appearance as well since she was probably long gone by the events of the first season.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ToaArcan said:

Here's my idea:

Rosie was some form of ex-special forces. Who else would Maximillian trust to look after his daughter? Who else could keep them safe and train them to fight for the next ten years?

Alright, expand on that: What was her role with the Special Forces, How did she earn Max's trust and how could Rosie keep them safe and secure for so long?

I'm not sure beyond that, to be honest. Probably in charge of protecting something I guess. As for how did she keep them safe for so long, well, Robotnik didn't expect them to survive. He thought they would've starved, and so didn't bother looking for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of tricky.  If Sonic and Sally changed some of the events by using the time stones, then shouldn't Robotnik's arm have not been robotocized in Season 1?  Wouldn't Snively have hair in Season 1?  Wouldn't those things have occurred after Sonic and Sally changed some of the past?  As for Rosie...it's hurting my head (need to take a run).  I'm clueless mates.

So I got a question for you guys here...
What WAS the curse that was told of in The Wolfpack's Legends?
I mean we all know it as ZHE CURSE from Antoine, annoyingly so, but there are no specifics on it. While Lupe said that it wasn't real, is there in fact some truth to it, and if so what is it...?

[Mood music]

*Antoine is standing in a corner, shaking, gripping his face.*

Sally: "Antoine? Come on Antoine...get out of the corner."

Antoine: "THE CURSE! THE DOOOMED CUUUURRRRSEEEE!"

Sonic: "Cut it out, Ant'. You heard Lupe - that wuza bluff...Stop bein' a..."

*Sally puts a hand on his shoulder...slowly, Antoine turns around to face them.*

*Cue horror music sting as both Sonic and Sally gasp.*

THE PENDERING HAS BEGUN!!!Dumbtoine.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

In all seriousness I think it was meant to be a bluff as Lupe said...right? Well if you say no in your "head canon" be my warmly invited guest. I would like to see what people have to say in the WWYD thread if otherwise. :)

--- 

Here is a question:

In one episode we see a roboticized Uncle Chuck eat a chili dog. How does that work? What does this imply? Do robians need to eat and still have digestive systems? Or was this a kind gesture to appease a naive Sonic?

2 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Here is a question:

In one episode we see a roboticized Uncle Chuck eat a chili dog. How does that work? What does this imply? Do robians need to eat and still have digestive systems? Or was this a kind gesture to appease a naive Sonic?

well, one theory I heard (and sorta agreed with) was that it may have been that their stomachs were turned into some form of organic matter to energy converter, mainly as an alternative to an actual power unit (and/or their life force because technobabble technobabble MAGICAL SCIENCE OF MAGIC!!!)

22 hours ago, F07E said:

well, one theory I heard (and sorta agreed with) was that it may have been that their stomachs were turned into some form of organic matter to energy converter, mainly as an alternative to an actual power unit (and/or their life force because technobabble technobabble MAGICAL SCIENCE OF MAGIC!!!)

Maybe the stomachs have a way to convert organic matter (such as food in this case) into carbon compounds and use the compounds as a substitute for oils?

We need more posts regarding SatAM, so I'm hear to once more rectify that.

1. How do you think Lazaar's Computer works?

2. How is it that the Wolf Pack survived so long? Or to be more specific what is their food source since they live out in the middle of nowhere (The Great Unknown)?

4 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

2. How is it that the Wolf Pack survived so long? Or to be more specific what is their food source since they live out in the middle of nowhere (The Great Unknown)?

I always thought that it may have been simply due to them having already originated from that region, simply a form of tribal like wisdom that was just ingrained into their minds since long before robotniks take over, and heck, maybe even going so far back as to pre-date the great war.

On 10/15/2016 at 10:39 PM, Mike Arcade said:

We need more posts regarding SatAM, so I'm hear to once more rectify that.

1. How do you think Lazaar's Computer works?

1) Magic. And I'm being serious about that. I believe a part of Lazaar lives in that Computer of his, I think for that to work the way it was shown he had to give a piece of himself to make it work as such. I think if Lazaar were to perish the Computer wouldn't function properly and not at all.

2) Their homeland showed to be a lush and thriving place, especially in the middle of the GU. So they knew what could be grown and what could survive the climate of the deserts. They are all survivalists and I'm sure they know how to fast and save food and water for the times where they dont have much. You can clearly see that they have adapted to their strife and have come out better for it. There are several types of flora that can survive that climate and I wouldnt be surprised if they had a way to make a greenhouse of sorts or since they know of the other FF they could trade.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 1:39 AM, TheRedStranger said:

1) The Time Stones. What happend to them? Why not use them again?

2) Robecca. Why Roter? Just why would you want that as your lab-assistant?

1) I thought they shared the same principal as the Chaos Emeralds or the Dragon Balls: After you use it once, it vanishes to another location so it wouldn't be abused.

2)He wanted to see if he could do it?

On 7/7/2017 at 7:52 AM, Wulfsbane said:

1) I thought they shared the same principal as the Chaos Emeralds or the Dragon Balls: After you use it once, it vanishes to another location so it wouldn't be abused.

2)He wanted to see if he could do it?

This phenomenon is never mentioned in Sally's discussed research notes. We never see them disappear and the fortifications they remained inside were specifically designed to keep the stones  in the temple. So if this were true they would have to be more than one place for them to be protected and to protect others from them. This leaves us with a few options:

1) The Freedom Fighters have safely locked in a secure location SCP-style. 

2) The FF have nuetralized them off screen.

3) The stones are in some field somewhere waiting to be exploited or to end up hurting some naive user.

4) They returned to the same fortifications, which are now known and most likely easier to navigate. Seeing how they are known years prior to Sally and Sonic this does not bode well security wise. 

5) They are now in "another castle" so to speak. They shift to certain areas around the world in order to minimize their freiqency of use and possibilities for exploitation, maximize their security, and overall reduce the disparate the effects of their use. 

___

As for two - elaborate. Why would he want that? Why would he go through that effort, and why a feline and feminine construct? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2017 at 11:39 PM, TheRedStranger said:

2) Robecca. Why Roter? Just why would you want that as your lab-assistant?

well I have a few thoughts on that one; perhaps he simply wanted to see if there was a way to re use robotniks swatbots after they win, create a form of saboteur or infiltrator that won't be targeted as its technically a machine leaving the freedom fighters more available to defend and place themselves out of harms way, or lastly it was for the same reason as why eggman made orbot and cubot. 

I also have one related to a quest in fallout new vegas, but thats a little too nsfw even for a joke.

• 1 year later...