Now that my mini-SD card has arrived, I'm ready to do some emulation of GBA games! After struggling with that f*ck-awful invention we call the Virtual D-Pad, I noticed something with one of the games I was doing better at; Sonic Pinball Party was...a thing, I guess?

spp_4752.jpg

I mean it's no surprise no-one talks about it anymore because, well, it's a freaking pinball game on the GBA with a "story", sort of. Though I do wonder, did anyone else play this game at the time? Or was it THAT forgettable?

Yeah I've played it, it's pretty fun. You even get NiGHTS and Samba De Amigo Boards for the Pinball as well, if you want a good pinball game on the GBA other then that Mario One then yeah it's pretty good. Granted it's not like Sonic Spinball where you use Sonic as the ball, honestly if that concept was refined more that would be much more fun. xD

Still, for what it is you can't go wrong with it. Yeah the story really doesn't matter in this case, it's not really interesting, reuses sprites and uses the stages and backgrounds from Sonic Advance 1, but they are nice settings though to have a Pinball game in.

I'd only recommend it if you really like Sonic, Sega, and Pinball. XP

1 minute ago, F07E said:

I like pinball, I just wasn't a big fan of that particular one.

Well unless it's suppose to be an accurate simulation of a real life pinball machine, all pinball games act and play differently when it comes to their physics, it's a matter of taste.

20 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Well unless it's suppose to be an accurate simulation of a real life pinball machine, all pinball games act and play differently when it comes to their physics, it's a matter of taste.

True, perhaps I'm just super biased to the old microsoft pinball game on xp when it comes to video game versions of pinball. This one was still significantly higher than central park from gotleibs hall of fame for the ps2 however, screw central park.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had a chance to play this pinball game.  Sonic Spinball (both Genesis and Gamegear versions) was the only pinball game I ever had fun as I was able to complete the goals and have an ending...I'm not fond of games that go forever until you die.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Ah Sonic Spinball, some people might not like this game but it's an old favorite of mine. :) 

The music is pretty great too, and a good reason to keep playing if you ask me as it has some rocking tunes to very ambient tracks at times, I really do enjoy the sound of the Genesis Synth in all it's pops and rough edges. My favorite tracks are the Opening Theme (The one we got not the original), Toxic Caves, and the Boss Theme. Seriously Toxic Caves is my favorite Sewer Level in any Video Game too and Scorpius is one of the most surreal bosses in Sonic and a favorite of mine despite how easy it is.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Boom

Around the year it was released a few of it's tracks ended up on the first OST for Sonic released which mainly contained the complete, extended tracks of all Spencer Nilsen's Music for Sonic CD.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Virtual_Sonic

3 years later in 96' Virtual Sonic would be released containing tracks based off of the Sonic Series, funny enough these tracks were made in 93' as well. Virtual Sonic has two remixed tracks from Spinball, the Opening Theme known as Spinball Theme and Return to Toxic Caves. I'm guessing Howard Drossin liked those tracks as much as I did.