Anyways I got a few places in mind.

Italy. Yes I was there last year but I do want to go back at some point. There's a bit of Florence I didnt see and Rome was awesome.

England. I wanna go to Liverpool to see a Liverpool v Everton match up (Merseyside Derby)

Paris (for real instead of being in the airport for 13+ hours.)

Munich and Berlin.

And Toyko and the surrounding area. I want to hike Mt. Fuji as well

Australia. It's been a fascination of mine ever since early childhood. Preferably, taking a week or 2 to just casually enjoy the country. And since we're dealing with fantasy stuff, why not add in the part where I bring back a hot Australian gal? That would be my absolute dream vacation. ;)

After that, Florida. It's my ancestral land and I would like to see it at least once. Preferably, I'd have time to really visit the ancestral grounds and learn from those Muskogee who still live in there. Go check out the mounds my ancestors built. Stuff like that. Ideally, bring back a jar of soil from there, for the whole "medicine" thing (the mystical connection to people/animals/places/objects; not pharmaceuticals).

Thirdly: Hawaii. It just seems like such a great place to visit, if you've got the time and money. I think I could have a good time, there. This is my "party vacation" option. B|

And finally, Antarctica. This is just to satisfy the Thing fan in me. I wouldn't want to stay there long. Just maybe long enough to get an ice sample in a vial. evo.gif

13 hours ago, Rick Tyger said:

Australia. It's been a fascination of mine ever since early childhood. Preferably, taking a week or 2 to just casually enjoy the country. And since we're dealing with fantasy stuff, why not add in the part where I bring back a hot Australian gal? That would be my absolute dream vacation. ;)

After that, Florida. It's my ancestral land and I would like to see it at least once. Preferably, I'd have time to really visit the ancestral grounds and learn from those Muskogee who still live in there. Go check out the mounds my ancestors built. Stuff like that. Ideally, bring back a jar of soil from there, for the whole "medicine" thing (the mystical connection to people/animals/places/objects; not pharmaceuticals).

Thirdly: Hawaii. It just seems like such a great place to visit, if you've got the time and money. I think I could have a good time, there. This is my "party vacation" option. B|

And finally, Antarctica. This is just to satisfy the Thing fan in me. I wouldn't want to stay there long. Just maybe long enough to get an ice sample in a vial. evo.gif

My Art Historh Professor lived their for 15 years. She has some awesome stories. She also lived in New Zealand and told me how she would have to wait hours to drive her kid to school as sheep crossed the gravel roads. xD

You should go to Florida; its beautiful and I really think you would enjoy it for a very personal reason. I recommend actually enjoying the beaches on the Alabama side as the hotels and such are cheaper. You can simply drive pass the border for everything else more important. ;)

I have a secondary therapist that i see bi-weekly who does some traveling on her vacation time. Recently, she went to New Mexico and had a lot of fun out there. So, I'm thinking of adding that region to my travel list. It would be nice to experience this "dry heat" that people talk about as being better than the "damp heat" of southeastern Kansas. I think perhaps just take a week to go and be a tourist.

• 3 weeks later...

Relevant because of the Calgary stampede going on: http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/stampeders-pack-the-midway-as-ride-accident-probe-begins-1.533586

I rode it nearly 12 times the day before that same year as the line was the shortest out of all the other rides, each time was sketchier than the last as it was banged up and made odd sounds that got worse each time, I found it fun though.

23 hours ago, F07E said:

Relevant because of the Calgary stampede going on: http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/stampeders-pack-the-midway-as-ride-accident-probe-begins-1.533586

I rode it nearly 12 times the day before that same year as the line was the shortest out of all the other rides, each time was sketchier than the last as it was banged up and made odd sounds that got worse each time, I found it fun though.

Yeah, I am not big on local carnivals and such for that reason. I have always liked the big amusement parks because they generally satistically safer and better managed.

Knoebels Grove in Elysburg, PA.  The admission is free, and the main rollercoasters are decent enough to enjoy.  I haven't been there since college, so there may be some changes.

I know my sister and I are interested in attending a Renissance Fair.  Could be fun.

I am actually interested in the whole Ark Encounter AIG had put together this year.  The park is not just going to include the life size model ark but a couple sections dealing with ancient and biblical history.  I heard that the park itself would probably open up 900 jobs in Kentucky the first year of opening.

10 minutes ago, Ishapar said:

Knoebels Grove in Elysburg, PA.  The admission is free, and the main rollercoasters are decent enough to enjoy.  I haven't been there since college, so there may be some changes.

I know my sister and I are interested in attending a Renissance Fair.  Could be fun.

I am actually interested in the whole Ark Encounter AIG had put together this year.  The park is not just going to include the life size model ark but a couple sections dealing with ancient and biblical history.  I heard that the park itself would probably open up 900 jobs in Kentucky the first year of opening.

I live in the State and it has done a lot. Steve Besheer did not win friends with the liberals in his party over helping it go along, but the whole state has thanked him for it. Ken Ham washed the floor with Bill Nye yet again on the first day there - it's hikarious.

The Creation Museum is actually better than the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History in presentation and material. I have been to both.  I ironically learned more about the hypothesis of macroevolution there than the Smithsonian, which is actually much more preachy and actually had a SHRINE to Darwin. The Creatiin Museum shows you both worldviews, which is wonderful. By God's good grace I actually won my ex-agnostic friend  (Wulfsbane) over merely discussing the material. 

As for that shrine - your tax money at work folks. Secularism has become the new State Church. Your taxes are the alms.

Whoah there mate!  You believe in God and creation? 

Answers in Genesis had been a big part of my childhood life, and I loved apologetics.  I've been to the Creation Museum twice and have many of their resources (I just allowed my Pap to borrow the Adam's chart of history that I bought from their store).  I watched the Ham vs. Nye debate and while I side with Ken Ham, I thought the debate was far better orchestrated than any other I have encountered. 

Oi, if you believe in God, congrates!!!  My profile name is actually two biblical Hebrew words put together!

13 minutes ago, Ishapar said:

Whoah there mate!  You believe in God and creation?

Romans 1:18-22;)

"It is evident that an acquaintance with natural laws means no less than an acquaintance with the mind of God therein expressed." - James Joule, Founder of The Second Law of Thermodynamics, Personal Journal.

Yes. Like the inventor of the Gene Gun and the MRI I am a Creationist and a Christian. I am also a big fan of the astrophysicist Doctor Jason Lisle, his work on the thermal currents through the sun is some fascinating stuff. 

I bring friends to the Creation Museum all the time and we will discuss these things. It's been a wonderful witnessing Oppurtunity. Needless to say Nye's plans have backfired; I have more positive encounters and witnessing opportunities because of him.

• Like 1

I'm familiar with Romans 1:18-22: how God's creation is enough for man to be judged by God.  I'm familiar with Jason Lisle as a speaker, but never met him in person.  Oi, it's an honor to meet another believer in God and one who defends the beginning of Genesis! 

38 minutes ago, Ishapar said:

I'm familiar with Romans 1:18-22: how God's creation is enough for man to be judged by God.  I'm familiar with Jason Lisle as a speaker, but never met him in person.  Oi, it's an honor to meet another believer in God and one who defends the beginning of Genesis! 

Likewise. There are quite a bit of us here

Nagol. Wulfsbane. Captain Sorzo. Mike Arcade. And Bytor.  Red Authar also is a theist. 

I've been to a couple amusement parks in my life. Knott's Camp Snoopy (which has sadly been completely remodeled into a Nick park), Disneyland, Universal Hollywood and the theme park in the Circus Circus hotel in Las Vegas.

I have fond memeories of each, too many to list really.

Oh I got another one! Calaway park, decent roller coaster and an assortment of other rides. It hardly holds a candle to marine land from what I've heard though. Got a bunch of fun memories of that place.

On July 13, 2016 at 10:46 AM, F07E said:

Oh I got another one! Calaway park, decent roller coaster and an assortment of other rides. It hardly holds a candle to marine land from what I've heard though. Got a bunch of fun memories of that place.

Any cool coasters in particular?

34 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

Any cool coasters in particular?

Three rides are a must there in my opinion, the vortex roller coaster, the storm 'like a ferris wheel but not really', and the Chaos.

23 minutes ago, F07E said:

Three rides are a must there in my opinion, the vortex roller coaster, the storm 'like a ferris wheel but not really', and the Chaos.

When I think Vortext I recall the metal cork-screwing classic from Ohio's King's Island. 

The Storm sounds interesting given that it's like a Ferris Wheel. 

Does Chaos involve emeralds and glowing herehogs? XP

It does corkscrew, but it's probably way smaller than that ohio one. Calgary banks more on the stampede when it comes to theme parks.

That's the only way I feel I can describe it, as it actually starts on its side before lifting up.

I wish!!! Sadly it just includes a lot of spinning flips and the occasional equipment failure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2016 at 4:14 AM, Prince By-Tor said:

At Silverwood theme park near here they have 2 wooden roller coasters: Tremors and The Timber Terror. They also have Aftershock and The Corkscrew.

The Corkscrew looks like a blast. When the house is in order and such and I take a trip your way - then we should probably go to SIlverwood together.

• 10 months later...
On 6/7/2017 at 4:54 PM, TheRedStranger said:

@Mike Arcade Shall we tell everyone about your amazing experience on the Vortex?

Shall we? Of course, it was crazy going to King's island although it was scary as I hadn't been at a theme park since I was a little kid but it was a lot of fun. We were on an Adventure Coaster (forgot what it's called) first and then we went to The Vortex, I specifically remembered shouting before we dropped "I HATE THE BRADY BUNCH". xD

Also we got soaked on both Water Rides, my idea to go on there and I was the one who got hit with the most water, loads of fun I would so recommend going to Ohio and checking the place out.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Any one miss a vacation because of Covid, and plan to double down next year?

Sorry for the double post here - just crunched down some topics.  This thread spans the gambit from discussing the ins and outs of sober pilgrimages and missionary work, adventurous expeditions, and intense amusement park thrills. If you want to geek out about any relaxing or harrowing change of pace from your everyday domestic and working life, here is the thread for you. Feel free to talk about all the wonderful parks, non-profit missions, roller coasters, and tourist traps that beckon you beyond your everyday horizons.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Any one miss a vacation because of Covid, and plan to double down next year?

I wish Gravity show will be back in business at Kings Island. It has these cool stunts, like acrobats flipping on bicycles and trippy, dark-light glowing juggling routines. There is this hilarious giant one eyed alien that bends down into the audience. I saw it once stoop over and rip a giant fart sound effect in some boys face. There is some funny slapstick as well as acrobatics. It was very scifi themed, with a laser light show with space ships and people on hoverboards (must be wires). I wish I could see it again soon.