Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official! i have graduated! 

My sister always makes the best birthday cards.

Posted Images

If there is one upside about Sonic being a Japanese franchise (again, just one - given they trashed Satam), it’s that it’s safe from American politics and their cultural colonizers. You can see that in spades with the new Animaniacs, where they all but diefy Obama and Clinton and burn Trump at the stake...in a kids cartoon.... @Akessel92 even did some digging on the producers and found some seedy stuff. I am thankful that Japan’s media has not bowed to woke culture, or we would have a cringy transitioning “Soniqua” as a key figure in Joe Biden’s transition team in Sonic LGBTX. 😅
 

I think cartoons should discuss broad moral values rather than quickly dated poltical dogmas. Just saying.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

I think cartoons should discuss broad moral values rather than quickly dated poltical dogmas.

I agree.

And now for something different...

Why Cats Show You Their Butt, According to Science

Quote

But according to cat researcher Mikel Delgado, a postdoctoral fellow at the School of Veterinary Medicine at UC Davis, cats aren’t trying to gross you out — in fact, they’re trying to be nice.

“For cats, it’s normal for them to sniff each other’s butts as a way to say hello or confirm another cat’s identity,” Delgado tells Inverse. “It’s hard for us to relate to, but for them, smell is much more important to cats and how they recognize each other than vision is. So cats may be ‘inviting’ us to check them out, or just giving us a friendly hello.”

Isn't that the same for dogs too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

75456940_2478849355705305_26232771615234

@WulfsbaneYou play the last one.

@Sargent Beeler.Plays the second to last and the Washboard Bard as multiclass. Combing ideas make things even more rich and tasty. Just reference Reese’s for evidence.

@Akessel92You literally have a major in the first one. So you. Perfect for the part.

@ByTor, Prince of Ro’den- Dark is his son, to a tee.

@SGT Rock Vox- Obvious choice for  Coming of Middle Age Peasant turned famous adventurer. 

@WarTravellerGets stuck with the one dimensional Dragon-borne because he missed Session Zero.

@Mike ArcadeYou get the hat and mannequin. Why? Because your acting is already wooden. XP

@Sorzo- They forgot Crunchbite, major creative mistake. Good news is that the new splat book has centaurs. So now you can fulfill all your pony dreams. 
 

@IronCheeze- Insists on being...”Iron Man but his secret identity is the love child of Curly Howard and Madea....” Then leaves to go play Lego Something-Something 356.

@MoKat- They forgot to put the Tiger Totem Barbarian who is also a Crazy Cat Lady on the list. Must add that in.

@Senior Bobbert- Goliath Rogue, 8 Dex, 20 Strength. Personality Trait: “I want to snatch everything, but everything I touch eventually breaks.”
 

@me - Of course I am the dungeon master...😈

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is a very bright day for me. As you know, I have worked with disabled people all my life. I am not one of those twittering antisocial injustice whiners, I actually sweat and do the work of an activist, not just merely signal virtue for cool points. But today, I feel was worth a victory speech. This is a major victory for equality. 
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

They are human, perhaps moreso than many of us with that tiny extra chromosome. They overcome challenges many “normal” people never do.

I can vouch for that; I have a few friends who just happen to have Downs Syndrome. There's usually a summer camp for adults with special needs every year at Lakeshore. Normally a van takes the clients there, but there was one year that only 3 people from this area were going & I ended up driving them down there because my mother couldn't do it. Kathy (who passed away years ago) was a very social (and, yes, chatty) woman and Chris was barely verbal (lost touch with him & his familiy though); both had Downs Syndrome. The third was my brother, who has autism.

I'm giving you all this background because something funny happened on the way to Lakeshore. In Murray, we passed a gas station and Chris said, "Gas, gas, gas!" I smiled and said , "Yes, but the car doesn't need gas right now." Further along the way we passed a McDonald's; Chris pointed and said, "Gas, gas, gas!" That cracked me up :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Today is a very bright day for me. As you know, I have worked with disabled people all my life. I am not one of those twittering antisocial injustice whiners, I actually sweat and do the work of an activist, not just merely signal virtue for cool points. But today, I feel was worth a victory speech. This is a major victory for equality. 
 

Said it before on Parler, but this is a Victory for Life. Let no one take that away from anyone.

Also, if I may add, my acting has gotten a lot better over the years. I just...can't exactly perform well under pressure, or on the spot. XP

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 5:28 PM, Mike Arcade said:

Said it before on Parler, but this is a Victory for Life. Let no one take that away from anyone.

Also, if I may add, my acting has gotten a lot better over the years. I just...can't exactly perform well under pressure, or on the spot. XP

 The reason my friend Kelly left the Democrat party was that she has a daughter with down-syndrome. Janey is a wonderful young woman with a heart of gold; to see people casually advocate for her systematic removal from society terrifies me. 

 “Progressive” areas and politicians have been very well noted historically for pushing such policies. Look at Buck vs Bell and the Falden House.

One of the reasons I love Satam is actually because of its both a conservational but pro-traditional in its values. I heard someone say it is “woke” in a YouTube channel, but I think they entirely missed the point. Robotnik is a Stalinist and extreme progressive figure. He wants to perfect the Mobian condition through political mandate and seize the means of all production and personal freedom into a economically industrial collective. He is engaging in the personal “perfecting” of individuals into a industrial commune. There is no free trade in Robotnik’s world, no choices to make, no preferences to have, and all is literally socially engineered.  We can see this horrifically effect the world and people in it in places like Soviet Russia. We have a bad tendency to see environmental and personal issues and separate and the singular domain of the political left. However the Tragedy of The Commons was proven by Nobel prize winners like Elaine Ostrom to be a largely a collectivist issue. Reality is the opposite of the projecting PR. If everyone “owns” something it’s a free for all, looting and raping without accountability to produce sustainable profit. When you have a domain you can optimize wealth creation. First come first and a lack of price signals and exchange promotes massive waste. For example, look at the real world Robotropolises in USSR and Aral Sea. They were products of Marxist thought.

Manne Jules and Elaine Ostrom are people that are typically marginalized memetically. They seriously convolute current meta-narratives. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this out @Akessel92 and @MoKat- this is a sad moment for our state. 
 

Lexington, KY Mayor Trying to Move Emergency Aid Funds to ‘Critical Race Theory’ Training:


https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/01/woke-group-irked-ky-mayor-trying-to-redirect-emergency-rental-funds-to-pay-for-critical-race-theory-training/

So much for the poor...This is just awful. I know Lexington pretty well, there are many urban ‘black’ poor sadly. Their jobs have been shut up by the Governor and this wretched woman. They need aid, not to be lectured about how they are ‘victims.’ This is utter moral blindness and defrauding tax payers.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

I was always impressed with Calvin's snowman making ability

06s6qzh20t261.jpg?width=554&auto=webp&s=

It’s either Hail to The Chief playing on the bluetooth or the Sh***-flute USSR Anthem Meme, all depending on Calvin’s perception of his dad that week. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, MoKat said:

I can vouch for that; I have a few friends who just happen to have Downs Syndrome. There's usually a summer camp for adults with special needs every year at Lakeshore. Normally a van takes the clients there, but there was one year that only 3 people from this area were going & I ended up driving them down there because my mother couldn't do it. Kathy (who passed away years ago) was a very social (and, yes, chatty) woman and Chris was barely verbal (lost touch with him & his familiy though); both had Downs Syndrome. The third was my brother, who has autism.

I'm giving you all this background because something funny happened on the way to Lakeshore. In Murray, we passed a gas station and Chris said, "Gas, gas, gas!" I smiled and said , "Yes, but the car doesn't need gas right now." Further along the way we passed a McDonald's; Chris pointed and said, "Gas, gas, gas!" That cracked me up :D

@IronCheeze is actually my brother and his ASD caused him to “Script” (qoute people and media) when he was little a lot. One time when he was around three he somehow got ahold of Adam Sandler’s Little Nicky. We drove out of town to vacation is South Carolina and saw a Popeye’s chicken. Here is a tiny toddler, wide eyed to see Popeye’s is real. Emphatically he squeals: “POPEYE’S CHICKEN?! POPEYE’S CHICKEN IS THE SHIZNIT!”

 

That was cute, but then he said this [language warning].

Needless to say, we promptly hunted down the dvd and informed him that was a “no, no” word. 🤣

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

his ASD caused him to “Script” (qoute people and media) when he was little a lot

That's rather common.

When I was a kid, my brother and I would sing (or repeat) TV commercials back and forth when we weren't sleepy at bedtime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Speaking of birthdays! TheRedStranger and I, have our birthdays real close, so we celebrate them on the same time at New Years Day. We are having our birthday party at Casa Fiesta here in Madison. @NagolIf you want to come, we can save you a seat; it starts at two o'clock PM. My birthday cake is going to be Grogu, baby yoda. It'll be made out of cupcakes. Red always gets an icecream cake. But they also give you free fried ice cream (and shove whip cream on your face when they sing Feliz Cumpleanos).  Too bad all the rest of you all cannot come, especially @Sargent Beeler. and @Wulfsbane . When are you going to move down here anyways?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone has an interest in baseball (@SGT Rock Voxmaybe) and got some time to kill, Secret Base did a 3 and a half hour documentary on the Seattle Mariners, a MLB team that's consistently bad but has an even more consistently bizarre history.

 

(language warning)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 12:30 AM, Wulfsbane said:

If anyone has an interest in baseball (@SGT Rock Voxmaybe) and got some time to kill, Secret Base did a 3 and a half hour documentary on the Seattle Mariners, a MLB team that's consistently bad but has an even more consistently bizarre history.

 

(language warning)

Vox likes more professional sports than I do. I have been an athlete for years but it’s always been the game itself that I find fun rather than watching others play it...except when it’s Star Trek.

 Seeing a Changling and a Klingon argue balls and strikes is glorious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2020 at 4:41 PM, IronCheeze said:

TheRedStranger and I, have our birthdays real close, so we celebrate them on the same time at New Years Day.

(belated) Happy Birthday guys!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Vox likes more professional sports than I do. I have been an athlete for years but it’s always been the game itself that I find fun rather than watching others play it...except when it’s Star Trek.

 Seeing a Changling and a Klingon argue balls and strikes is glorious. 

I feel like you would appreciate some of the weirder history, especially in the beginning. Like how the Mariners were founded because of arson and the story of Mr. Jello

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/EllipsisUltima/status/1346147459936833537

So apparently Ken Penders is now saying he owns Shade. And any evidence suggesting ohterwise will be held to "legal action".

...Right. Can Penders just...leave? Like, leave this plane of reality?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

Can Penders just...leave? Like, leave this plane of reality?

Sounds like he already has 🙄

Some people claim that he lost touch with reality a long time ago 😵

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...