12 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

https://twitter.com/EllipsisUltima/status/1346147459936833537

So apparently Ken Penders is now saying he owns Shade. And any evidence suggesting ohterwise will be held to "legal action".

Ironically a month ago and a few hours after that tweet he admitted he "didn't own Shade, but she's a ripoff."

He thinks cause Sega abandoned her, she's up for grabs.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its official! i have graduated! 

My sister always makes the best birthday cards.

Posted Images

And frankly that makes me so angry it's unbelievable. He really thinks he just owns ALL echidnas. I wanna see more of them, tho. The Echidna clan was ONE tribe, the entire species can't be extinct. But no, because Knuckles "has" to be the last from royal mandate, and apparently Penders owns an entire species. 

On 1/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, MoKat said:

Sounds like he already has 🙄

Some people claim that he lost touch with reality a long time ago 😵

I recommend a 9th level banishment spell. Materials needed, an old priest and a young priest. And a mop to clean up the pea-soup.

• Haha 1

I wouldnt have an issue with GHZ if it didn't feel like the same level over and over again.

I mean, take a look at Green Greens in Kirby. They love that place and it feels different every time

• 2 weeks later...

Given the month. I decided to share one of my favorite ‘black’ American heros.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.  Thomas Sowell is a man of science that fought against the tide of trends and bitter animosity to provide real solutions to ‘racial’ and economic inequities, with sociological and economic science, not with mythical concepts and meta narratives of dog eat dog, us against them, and a thick pretend line between the privileged and the oppressed. Tackling the gaffe and self-destructive presuppositions of peddlers that profit by sustaining these problems in promise of solutions, Thomas writings have given us actual geoeconomics analyses, policies, and meditations on collective an individual behaviors that promote and can end ethnic inequity. He shows us that chants of lives mattering, and fiery revolutions in the streets don’t make lives better, but reformation of preexisting social goods, and study and academically informed decentralized, face-to-face, and individual-empowering policies do. More aloof big government gives us the disparity of Wilson, not the unity of Lincoln. 

I hope all of you would share his sentiment in ideas such as school-choice for ‘black’ children in Harlem. The right to choose where you are educated helps our most vulnerable, and forces privileged Union teachers to compete rather than cartel for our tax money, and the expense of minority children. 

• Like 1

Great video. I've said before that Thomas Sowell is one of my favorites ;)

Here's a short video (10 min.)which was posted to You Tube recently & follows the theme:

Thomas Sowell on Black History MYTHS Promoted by the Left

• 2 weeks later...

Putting this here because it didn't really fit into any of the existing news topics & I didn't think we needed a news topic about lawsuits...

Lawsuit accuses ERCOT, power companies 'consciously' allowing mass outages during storm

"This cold weather event and its effects on the Texas energy grid were neither unprecedented, nor unexpected, nor unforeseen," says the lawsuit filed late Friday by Donald McCarley in a county court at law in Nueces County.

"In fact, similar cold weather events in 1989 and 2011 led to exactly the same type of rolling blackouts that have affected and continue to affect Texas residents and businesses."

The lawsuit, which also names American Electric Power Co. and AEP Texas, says the providers should have winterized their plants and stepped up generation to meeting the skyrocketing demand "but consciously chose not to do so."

ERCOT, which manages the Texas grid but does not generate power, said it was still reviewing the lawsuit and could not comment on its specific allegations that stem from the storm that began barreling across Texas late Sunday and would leave as many as 4 million people without power, many for several days.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol! I guess rolling 5d6 three times in order to get the best outcome, then waiting for somebody else to do the same, isn't your idea of fun, Red ;)

Who did you play it with?

On 3/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, MoKat said:

Lol! I guess rolling 5d6 three times in order to get the best outcome, then waiting for somebody else to do the same, isn't your idea of fun, Red ;)

Who did you play it with?

@Senior Bobbert and Mike, Bobbert won actually. Which was a good thing. 

More of a fan of Eurostyle games. I am not a fan of chance playing a dominate role unless you have a strong ability to react to it. I like Clue for example, but that roll to move stuff is an utter garbage rule. That is a beyond weird abstraction too. Can you imagine if people moved like that in real life? Imagine this:  a septuagenarian Misses White suddenly blitzing by a Thirty-something Miss Scarlet, high rolling thrice in a row. She can go Seventy two years old to 200 miles per hour in under five seconds, rickety to dragster in a blink of an eye! She solves the crime, only to tragically realize, in a shocking twist, that she killed her boss Mister Black! It was with the tea-trolly, in the study... while on a cocaine binge.

So that’s why they call her Misses White. 🤣

• Haha 2

Aww come on, Yahtzee wasn't that bad @TheRedStranger. XD

We've had a fun game week, on Tuesday we played Dominos, Fishing the Line, and Boggle. Won every game except Boggle, where Stranger murders everyone on it. X_X

For context, Fishing the Line is like a Crossword mixed with Dice. Only you use the dice to make the words, then pass off the remaining dice to the next player. It goes in 6 rounds per game in our group.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Boggle, where Stranger murders everyone on it

Yeah...I might need to handicap myself on that one. I was lovingly called Dictionary by fellow students in elementary school for a reason...

I remember getting mad with my third grade teacher over having to use a dictionary ironically. I already knew all the words she wanted to teach me and that made me quite consternated.  

29 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

For context, Fishing the Line is like a Crossword mixed with Dice. Only you use the dice to make the words, then pass off the remaining dice to the next player. It goes in 6 rounds per game in our group.

The rules in the box are nowhere as good as our Homebrew. It’s actually called Fishing for Words. I recommend sharing them. The dice element helps players like Rob or Riley. If you have family or friends that have verbal disabilities, young, or just not that great with words, the dice and round elements do even the playing field a bit compared to the more option heavy scrabble. It’s lighter, faster, and a good transition to crunchier word games like Scrabble.

Wits and Wagers is another great game that evens the playing field. Unlike Trivial Pursuit, you bet on who you think has the closest to right answer. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Won every game except Boggle, where Stranger murders everyone on it.

That's because he has a way with words :D

5 hours ago, MoKat said:

That's because he has a way with words :D

It usually got me in trouble in college. People don’t like it when you can transcend ephemeral buzzwords and speak for yourself. XP

Metal Gear Solid Five’s main theme basically speaks incredibly to that. [Mild spoiler alert.]

Language defines your thought life, to escape that you must escape mere accepted social patterns and create your own words from the syllabus up to the book. Terms like “X privilege” and “relativism,” and “colonialism” carry an unproven and faith-based apriori philosophical baggage. Even terms like “white” and “black” have a unquestioned bias to a untestable worldview. Are Nelson Mandela and Tupac really the “same?” Those very different social experiences. Same with a @WarTraveller and myself.  Both of us “mostly white” but are different culturally. These power-words are all signals of conformity, not communication, monologue, not dialogue.  To defeat them, you must know to how incantate your own terms, and ideas against the pretentious speech out there. That, and it also gives you the ability to question how one defines a term to their own ends, rather than on a consensus to further dialogue. Big example, is the term “neomarxist” its used so broadly for groups and people that question markets social effects that it comes off as suspicious. Is a Republican a “neomarxist” when he questions the effects of drugs markets on youth? No...but the way it’s worded in academic textbooks would lump Jeff Sessions right next to Karl Marx 🤣

It’s all to make you think all particular academic voices out there synergize cleanly with the meta narrative the speaker wishes to espouse. 

Rodger Bacon reportedly once said, “Mathematics is gate and key to the sciences.” It describes the when, where, and how. I think words respectively the gate and key to philosophy, to religion, and the humanities. It tells us the why, and why not, and the what for. If we give that up to the masses or one elite group, we give up our ability to be truly thinking and thriving human being. I think there is a possible noteworthy correlation with people’s decline in language skills and authoritarianism. You start burning books, you know your in a world of hurt. Only one language is spoken for the masses.

So I guess Boogle can be one of those “machines that kill fascists.” 😝 Or at least help kick that off. Words are power. Might as well have fun gaining that power.

—-

But enough waxing philosophical here is something funny:

What usually happens when I am the DM for @WarTraveller @Mike Arcadeand @Senior Bobbert:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, MoKat said:

Smash Bros with a Cat

and how they made it...

Reminds me of my crazy cat Maisie. She wouldn't make a good fighter though, she is too lazy.

• Haha 2
On 12/30/2020 at 5:41 PM, IronCheeze said:

Speaking of birthdays! TheRedStranger and I, have our birthdays real close, so we celebrate them on the same time at New Years Day. We are having our birthday party at Casa Fiesta here in Madison. @NagolIf you want to come, we can save you a seat; it starts at two o'clock PM. My birthday cake is going to be Grogu, baby yoda. It'll be made out of cupcakes. Red always gets an icecream cake. But they also give you free fried ice cream (and shove whip cream on your face when they sing Feliz Cumpleanos).  Too bad all the rest of you all cannot come, especially @Sargent Beeler. and @Wulfsbane . When are you going to move down here anyways?

I bet you were. Glad to spend time with you now though.

• Like 1

Billions across the world today sing, and though it be in different tongues, they all speak the same song of hope and grace this Easter. He is risen, and, regardless of what we suffer from within or without, so too then shall we. 

• Like 2
On 3/25/2021 at 11:59 PM, TheRedStranger said:

What does Skynet and Adam Sandler have in common?

...I have no idea how to answer that.

Had a wonderful Easter Weekend with my pal @Sargent Beeler. on Saturday. Spent time with @TheRedStrangerand @Senior Bobbert on Easter. Yet not as much as I wanted to as I've been physically exhausted since after Saturday.

However, I'm truly blessed to know you all. And once more, Happy Birthday @Wulfsbane :)

So I just thought of a total missed market for Sonic merch.

Sonic themed lawn games. It would be real easy to slap Sonic on a board for lawn darts or Kan Jam. I mean there are a lot of Sonic Monopolies and board games. Why not some outside games for a very, very outside type of hedgehog?

@WulfsbaneWhat do you think? Should we suggest it to their Twitter? Maybe we could invent one.

15 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

So I just thought of a total missed market for Sonic merch.

Sonic themed lawn games. It would be real easy to slap Sonic on a board for lawn darts or Kan Jam. I mean there are a lot of Sonic Monopolies and board games. Why not some outside games for a very, very outside type of hedgehog?

@WulfsbaneWhat do you think? Should we suggest it to their Twitter? Maybe we could invent one.

I wouldnt be surprised if they had a ton of games in R&D at one point and never got passes a certain phase. For one reason or another.

And considering the fanbase, I have a striking suspicion that they dont look at any ideas or suggestions people tweet out. Then even if they do take ideas it becomes a legal mess of who gets what, money, rights, credits, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...