I know stuff like this will show up in the dialogue section soon and I think we need a place where people can post breaking news about the phenomenon so people might have accurate and updated sources. 

With that said if you have any on the Orlando attacks, San Bernadino, the attempted shooting at the Gay Pride Parade in Southern California, and the recent tragedies in Turkey and France, feel free to post to keep people informed. This issue is one many pundits and politicians (even POTUS himself) commonly distort and downplay to promote various political agendas. The numbers of lives, the beliefs and motivations of the persons involved, and the details of each case should be taken into account from the perspective of more objective eyes with less incentive towards guiding these narratives to fit someone's worldview. 

With that said, I also deeply encourage you find any incidences that might have been swept under a rug, especially in hotspot countries like the Philippines and Isreal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does this count?

http://projectveritas.com/2017/01/16/part-i-hidden-camera-investigation-uncovers-groups-plotting-violence-at-trump-inauguration/

And this?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/24/caught-on-video-female-trump-supporters-hair-set-on-fire-at-dc-inauguration-protest/

Oh boy...saw this one today...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/limo-torched-in-dc-protests-belongs-to-muslim-immigrant-may-cost-70000-in-damages/article/2612747

SJW should probably be changed to SJT - Social "Justice" Terrorist. 

If anyone can find a legit fund me page for this guy loosing his limo, link it - this poor man just lost his lively-hood to a bunch of people daring to claim they represent him...

4 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

If anyone can find a legit fund me page for this guy loosing his limo, link it - this poor man just lost his lively-hood to a bunch of people daring to claim they represent him...

Well, there's one in the article, isn't there?

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, MoKat said:

Not sure if this belongs here, but it's always nice to see examples of how our love is greater than their hate:

Muslim Imam and Jewish Woman Praying Together After Manchester Attack Creates Viral Photo

But is it really? That imam can pray together with Jew or gentile but that doesn't  change the fundamental truth of how dismissive amongst those who preach and practice Islamic faith of the violence against those considered apostates which their holy book calls for. 

A month if not a year prior to the Manchester attack a survey was done in the U.K. with some very interesting results amongst those surveyed. Which the rebel media does cover some of it. https://youtu.be/Dr_3BrE5Wqc

7 hours ago, Akessel92 said:

But is it really? That imam can pray together with Jew or gentile but that doesn't  change the fundamental truth of how dismissive amongst those who preach and practice Islamic faith of the violence against those considered apostates which their holy book calls for. 

My lesson stands from the other day, Alex... Remember it. Mokat is showing something as an example of individual humanity not the religion issue in the broad sense. You can indeed separate the two. I am not going to judge the Imam's sincerity either way. It is indeed hard trust, especially with doctrines like Taqqiyha. I too caution again naïveté. But again, he could indeed be contrite. Remember to your own religion, to judge rashly and wrongly is to sin. And demonizing individual people from a Muslim background too quickly and swiftly is exactly what ISIS does indeed want in hopes to radicalize more Muslims (which by the way means souls lost to your warning position because of acts of triumphalism). Your lack of emotional and social  tact in situations such as this could very well lead to creating more of the monster you allegedly decry...excercise discretion lest you become a defacto ISIS recruiter or at least make people deaf to the "new normal" by being so shrill in your approach. Remember. Be "be gentle as doves and wise as serpents." Subvert evil and "do not rebuke a fool according to his folly lest you be just like him." These are words of the Proverbs of the God you swear fealty to. Keep to them lest others doubt your sincerity of faith as well...

Out of objectivity's sake you need cite those verses rather than merely post Youtube videos. And yes...I am quite aware of a few... But I don't think that it is appropriate for this section. That is for the debate or dialogue section. So I am going to ask you to move such here. Sadly, I am getting more news of terror attacks as I write this and I just want the facts to be here for people to remember and see. This thread is more a place of factual awareness than debate. Mokat's post at least gives us a glimmer of hope that we have something, some form conscious, to perhaps appeal when it comes to this culture shackled by the bellicose worldview of a 650 A.D alleged prophet turned historical warlord (Remember Medena, Mohammed's and the Carvan Raids...). As for me, I am going to work with what I have. I am not at war the Muslim individual. I want to help him and see him saved from a lot of the dark baggage his or her culture weighs heavily upon his mind and heart. I will this image for what it is. May it be sincere. May it be a beachhead I can take ground on someday to further the aforementioned goal in patience and love.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:35 AM, TheRedStranger said:

Mokat is showing something as an example of individual humanity not the religion issue in the broad sense.

Exactly why I bothered making the post in the first place.

And demonizing individual people from a Muslim background too quickly and swiftly is exactly what ISIS does indeed want in hopes to radicalize more Muslims

*nods* Daesh wants to start a "holy war" between Muslims and everybody else; don't help them.

What the Hell did Daesh hope to gain from this?

A massive explosion rocked Kabul city at about 8.30am on Wednesday in rush hour traffic.

Suicide car bomber targets foreign embassies in Kabul, Afghanistan

I also noticed that the Taliban was quick to claim they had nothing to do with it. Several videos covering this attack have been posted on You Tube, but since I didn't find any without graphic content I shall refrain from dropping any links.

Oh yeah, that was on the news for me. They had one clip of someone getting a man out of a car and his face was plastered with blood. I should have taken in more details, really. See how their telling compared to others.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, MoKat said:

"Development of router malware is extremely costly, and Russia would likely use it only in locations where it contributes to accomplishing a high-value goal."

What goal is worth an international incident, with an unstable third party like NK? Why try and achieve it by telegraphing your misdeed to the whole world in a place everyone is looking? Question is, why would they do that when its this easy to figure it out? If the agneda-pushing beatnicks at Washpo can spot the Russian Bear in Kim-Jong clothing, then surely so could the actual intelligence communities of the world. Objectively, Russia is cracking under the weight of a lot of incompetent leadership and sanctions and in a long term perspective has been spiraling in population and political influence. If they took any more hits to the energy trade for example, they would be in major trouble economically. We are frankly treating Russia like some Macarthian Boogie man lately, especially if we are of a certain partisan political persuasion,  which in itself blinds us to other major threats and could lead to more desperate tactics from the declining country. Washington Post's angle concerns me, and I would hope it does not color the dialogue of tenuous international affairs atop of a platform of Neomacartianism. All the while we have other severe geopolitical cyber-security threats that should concern the voting populace much more primarily.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJtq22tMrZAhVOtlMKHb-xBDoQtwIIKTAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeNobp7OnlJw&usg=AOvVaw1HMam5kUclfyrd2s53TC7O

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj9hrzYtMrZAhXRyVMKHcwXDdAQqUMIMjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoney.cnn.com%2F2018%2F02%2F28%2Ftechnology%2Fapple-icloud-data-china%2Findex.html&usg=AOvVaw2CQpJdlcg_KhQj076JSYkY

I hope we get to the bottom of such unnerving issues. But I hope we are not too busy examining the rattle and forget the snake's actual biting head. Cyber-security has trillions of dollars on the line when it comes to opportunity cost... The want of a Russian boogie man to push a political narrative could blind us to such issues (in other areas of security it already has).

Here's a cleaner link:

How China Steals US Technology for Profit | China Uncensored

That's exactly how they operate, and we haven't been able to do much about it.

{edit: Did you see this one too? 5 Ways China Is Trying to Dominate India}

Question is, why would they do that when its this easy to figure it out?

That's what bothers me about the whole thing. It's like the Russian hackers were sending a message, namely "we could have done worse, but we chose not to".

It doesn't make sense for them to implicate North Korea, given that Russia profits from ignoring the sanctions.

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

Seems to be a load of factors. Read this morning that it was in port for 7 years.

Sounds like corruption to me

It was bound to happen. Something stinks. Central governments have a tendency to do this. Private clearings houses for safety guidelines create a competitive accountability industry, and throws safety into the private market. It’s why groups like energy star exists in America - you don’t want to put safety and the environment in a monopolized basket. It’s easier to bribe and bully when it’s a singular source, especially one that likes sweet, sweet election money. Someone had to be paid off to look the other way, or having a single pair of (Un)watchful eyes really screwed some innocent people. 

More details concerning the explosion in Beruit:

The Russian owner who abandoned the ship full of ammonium nitrate that caused the Beirut explosion has been questioned by police in Cyprus

Grechushkin was the owner of the MV Rhosus, the ship that carried 2,750 tons of explosive ammonium nitrate, before abandoning it in Beirut in 2014.

Those materials were stored in Beirut's port for six years, before they detonated in Tuesday's catastrophic explosion

The 43-year-old is based in Limassol, Cyprus, according to multiple reports in local media there. The island state is a common haunt for wealthy Russians.

Lebanese authorities have placed numerous port officials — who were repeatedly warned about the dangers of storing the explosive materials — under house arrest pending an investigation, according to the BBC.

Andreou told the outlet that Grechushkin was not suspected of wrongdoing given that authorities in Beirut took charge of the cargo years ago and were responsible for storing it.

Police said the details of the interview, which have not yet been made public, will be passed to Beirut officials, according to Reuters. The police spokesperson did not identify the person interviewed to Reuters, but an unnamed security source said it was Grechushkin.

The Reuters article can be found here: Cyprus police question man over links to Beirut chemicals cargo

• 8 months later...

Am I correct in assuming this topic includes natural dissasters?

'Huge' explosion rocks St. Vincent as volcano keeps erupting [Phys.org]

La Soufriere volcano fired an enormous amount of ash and hot gas early Monday in the biggest explosive eruption yet since volcanic activity began on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Vincent late last week, with officials worried about the lives of those who have refused to evacuate.

On the ground in St Vincent as volcano ‘destroying everything in its path’ [Channel 4 News]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIV8IYoHyz4