Jump to content

New Games/Video Gaming News


Recommended Posts

Does anyone remember Lawbreakers? No? Don't worry, neither did anyone else!

Honestly, I do feel bad for Boss Key Studios, they clearly put a lot of effort into Lawbreakers and...it just didn't work. I mean it did better than Battleborn, but it just kind of got squished between the titans of Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch. Then again, hero shooters aren't quite as popular as they used to be. Everyone's focusing on Battle Royale games now, so if they waited a few months they'd be able to make a few tweaks and rise as a unique shooter all of its...

https://www.psu.com/news/lawbreakers-dev-teases-new-game-with-three-retro-images/

...Oh. Well, I guess I better give it a chance...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey everyone so I got a lot of news here, one regarding a certain high score of Donkey Kong and some announcements from Sega that has come to light from Sega FES 2018. 

 https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/1047/billy-mitchells-donkey-kong-and-all-other-records-removed

Billy Mitchell has finally gotten banned from Twin Galaxies after his high score footage from 2007 during the documentary King of Kong was reviewed by the newer owners. After 11 years we now know that Steve Wiebe was in fact the True King of Kong and the first to reach 1 million points in Donkey Kong. I'm glad that in the end the truth was finally shown to shine forth.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-mega-drive-mini-announced

For all of those who love the novelty of it the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis Mini has been announced, yet for right now no word on what sort of games they'll include will be though I'm sure regarding collectors and fans it'll be neat to have.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-ages-announced-for-switch

Those who own the Nintendo Switch are getting a big treat with this incarnation of the Sega Ages line up, 15 planned ports of classic games by M2! For those who don't know they were the developers who did the Sega 3D Classics ports which added in extra features to each game they worked on especially ports of Arcade Classics like Thunder Blade, Outrun, Fantasy Zone, and they're remake of Fantasy Zone II. So far Sonic 1 and Phantasy Star I have been announced alongside Thunder Force IV which hasn't had a port since Tecnosoft's Thunder Force Gold Pack II back in the mid-90's. Each game in this line up will have additional content though it is not know what that could entice for Sonic 1 which they have ported before, however I would recommend that you all keep an eye out on what sort of surprises and extra features these ports will feature.

https://gematsu.com/2018/04/shenmue-i-ii-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-pc

At long last the Dreamcast Classics Shenmue I and II have finally been announced for all current game consoles and PC, these games story of a young man out for revenge could not have been announced at a better time with the 3rd entry in the trilogy in development we can now play all the Shenmue games and experience them from the very beginning.

So any of these stories you find interesting? Please let us know as we'll keep you updated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

 

Fallout 76 announced.

Takes place in Virginia in Vault 76 and the aftermath of The Great War. So it looks like we get to see the aftermath of the Great War and the first survivors rebuilding the US.

From the Wiki: Vault 76 was a "control" vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault's construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America's tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec's plans to expand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly sure I've misunderstood this, but it still irks me.

Nintendo's disappointing E3 announcements send stock plunging

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/14/investing/e3-nintendo-stock-drop/index.html

Now, I feel that a lot of people would agree with the consultation that Nintendo, as bad as they are concerning business, is one of the few remaining publishers who at least adknowleges the players buying and playing their games. This doesn't extend to every game, but the general consensus is that they make games for the people to enjoy, rather than the investors to make idiotic amounts of money. And yet, because they have no lootboxes, no season passes, no needless DLC, the very idea that their games are not products to be sold to a sheep full of cash but an actual honest-to-Iwata game that people can enjoy...they get effectively penalised for it.

Also, to put this into perspective, EA (generally considered to have had the worst E3 presentation in years) put on a cringe-inducing show with little game details, some fairly obvious lies concerning lootboxes and angered most people with a mobile Command and Conquer game...and their stock went up by 12%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/21/2017 at 2:04 PM, MoKat said:

Yeah, the teasers are weak, but I know how From likes to troll the fanbase. Castielle over at Extra Life pointed out the following:
 

Yup. No mention of Sony Japan Studio, so it's probably not a sequel to Bloodborne IMO.

Confirmed at E3: this is a new IP; the full title is "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice". Looks interesting.

*posts Vaati's video about ti*

A Gameplay Breakdown of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, WarTraveller said:

Also, to put this into perspective, EA (generally considered to have had the worst E3 presentation in years) put on a cringe-inducing show with little game details, some fairly obvious lies concerning lootboxes and angered most people with a mobile Command and Conquer game...and their stock went up by 12%.

That's just wrong >.<

(Makes me wish this forum had a "puke" emoji)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2018 at 4:19 PM, WarTraveller said:

I'm fairly sure I've misunderstood this, but it still irks me.

Nintendo's disappointing E3 announcements send stock plunging

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/14/investing/e3-nintendo-stock-drop/index.html

Now, I feel that a lot of people would agree with the consultation that Nintendo, as bad as they are concerning business, is one of the few remaining publishers who at least adknowleges the players buying and playing their games. This doesn't extend to every game, but the general consensus is that they make games for the people to enjoy, rather than the investors to make idiotic amounts of money. And yet, because they have no lootboxes, no season passes, no needless DLC, the very idea that their games are not products to be sold to a sheep full of cash but an actual honest-to-Iwata game that people can enjoy...they get effectively penalised for it.

Also, to put this into perspective, EA (generally considered to have had the worst E3 presentation in years) put on a cringe-inducing show with little game details, some fairly obvious lies concerning lootboxes and angered most people with a mobile Command and Conquer game...and their stock went up by 12%.

If I remember correctly, Nintendo's stock usually shoots up with a great release cause I remember BotW and Odyssey sent stock up and then EA had the Pay to Win controversy and buying heroes (sense of Pride and Accomplishment anyone?) with SW: BF2.

 

Just because stock prices change at E3, doesnt mean it can't be reversed when the game releases

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 12:15 AM, Wulfsbane said:

I'm split on this. I like the concept of doing the expansion over the 3rd version... yet Armor/Crown look like they should have been a part of the base game.

I feel if they explained themselves a bit more honestly when this whole thing kicked off, people wouldn't have been so angry about it. A lot of people are accusing GF of paywalling when it comes to Pokemon. It technically isn't, as you can trade for them without the DLC. But the way they've gone bout it, yeah, I don't blame people for jumping to such a conclusion. $30 does seem a bit steep but the concept is neat...it's now how it all rolls out on release day, that's the major bit.

Also, am I the only one who finds Regional Variant Legendaries to be...weird? Like, shouldn't that not be possible?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what I said to Mike the other night:

Okay so here's the thing about it. I like the concept of the expansion pass for Pokemon because the last several "3rd versions" have been, to be honest, not worth it. The idea that we can just continue the current journey with the additions in an expansion pass would be better than dropping an extra $40-60.

Here's the problem though.

Armor and Crown absolutely look like they should have been in the base game to begin with, especially Crown as it looks like the post game content the game was lacking since the start. Armor looks like the Battle Tower or Area you stumble upon as you travel the region, try it once and realize this is meant for later on and go back later. The idea behind Crown does look rather interesting but I can't get over the name of Mustard. Seriously, freaking Mustard? And I thought Hop was bad. Crown, as I said, should have been a part of the base game as the endgame content.

200+ Pokemon are back, but they're quasi-locked behind a paywall. Yeah, sure they can be transferred from Home or traded with someone who has the pass. That's horse^%&t. You're telling me that Pokemon that have been available from the start or able to be available from the start of each region are locked for those who don't want to pay $30 or hope that someone has the capability to trade them to you. Absolutely should not be the case, at all. The 200+ should be made available to everyone or not at all. The fact they're being added in all shows that GameFreak had an issue with the transporter system and they had to redo most of them. But that being said, they're trying to pass this off as "we heard you and therefore we are bringing pokemon back in... pay us first."

This whole expansion pass thing for SwSh absolutely sounds like what EA would do in the past before they got absolutely blasted for the "Sense of Pride and Accomplishment" comment they mad on reddit 2 years ago. Since then EA smartened up and offered free content updates to nearly all their games. GF should have done the same for the Pokemon that were cut. No ifs ands or buts. This shouldn't be how it's done. The pass shown reeks of cut content that they could have included in thge base game. An Expansion pass content should be something like Emerald's Battle Frontier or a half sized region based in Ireland or something like that.

The concept is good and what was shown looks cool, but GameFreak, as usual, is going about it wrong.

22 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

I feel if they explained themselves a bit more honestly when this whole thing kicked off, people wouldn't have been so angry about it. A lot of people are accusing GF of paywalling when it comes to Pokemon. It technically isn't, as you can trade for them without the DLC. But the way they've gone bout it, yeah, I don't blame people for jumping to such a conclusion. $30 does seem a bit steep but the concept is neat...it's now how it all rolls out on release day, that's the major bit.

Also, am I the only one who finds Regional Variant Legendaries to be...weird? Like, shouldn't that not be possible?

Yeah basically this. Masuda is absolutely terrible at conveying the thoughts he has for the games. There's been leaks about how troubled development was and they're passing it off as "everything is fine" while the studio is on fire. Also it's $30 for both apparently so $15 per game, which is good.

 

Nah I like the idea of the different versions of the Legendary birbs. It's like the regional variants, it's the same pokemon but adapted to the region better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll tell you what it is, it's Nintendo-Brand arrogance. You know that. When Nintendo does some so very stupid and consumer-unfriendly and just expects everyone to march along in lockstep because "we nintendo we made mairo and kerb everyone loves us". That's Gamefreak's problem, too. So many games, so many good reviews, a dedicated fanbase, so much chaosdamm M O N E Y made via Pockymen, they think they can do whatever and people will love it. Not anymore, sunshine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Wulfsbane said:

Warcraft 3 reforged is also a major disappointment. All the improvements they said would be in during Blizzcon 2018 isn't in

Yeah, definitely; and check out their overreaching use policy:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Yeah. It lacks blue hedgehogs.

 

*Gets out the gasoline and torches.* 

HEATHEN

Though in all serious, the limited time window for even buying the thing is madness. I can only assume that it's for bumping profits in the last quarter of 2020 - odd considering they've been noted as richest company in Japan for 2020 - and get a rush of sales in a short amount of time to claim it "sells well". There's a physical cartridge as well but that's even more limited and has "scapler-bait" written all over it.

Very very poor, as it's a black spot on an otherwise pretty good showing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

HEATHEN

Though in all serious, the limited time window for even buying the thing is madness. I can only assume that it's for bumping profits in the last quarter of 2020 - odd considering they've been noted as richest company in Japan for 2020 - and get a rush of sales in a short amount of time to claim it "sells well". There's a physical cartridge as well but that's even more limited and has "scapler-bait" written all over it.

Very very poor, as it's a black spot on an otherwise pretty good showing.

If people are willing to buy, they will be willing to sell this way more and more. Ultimately it’s are our responsibility as consumers to prevent bad marketing practices. As for me, I am not wasting my time to buy stuff I...well, already own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wulfsbane said:

The very fact that they are owned 10% by one of China's puppet-corps is enough to ban them and burn the bridge. If a judge overturned anything it would be easily overridden by new executive order or judicial override. I don't trust the nation that enslaves whole ethnic groups with our children's data. Epic is one more moral lapse from having Fortnight be the new Fanta.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Microsoft to Buy Bethesda and Parent Company ZeniMax Media

Quote

Announced by Head of Xbox Phil Spencer in an Xbox Wire post today, Microsoft will acquire ZeniMax Media for $7.5 billion – 3 times the $2.5 billion it paid for Mojang and Minecraft in 2014 – and the formal purchase is expected to close in the second half of 2021. The deal includes ZeniMax Media as a whole, Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Persona 6 Might Use Unreal Engine 4 & No More KH Games for Switch

 

Quote

According to a recent job listing, Atlus' Persona team is hiring for a new project that will use Unreal Engine 4. Could this be the next big Persona game? Nomura also clarifies that after Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, no KH games are coming to Switch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Lengthy twitter thread about the recent court date between Apple v Epic

TL;DR:

  • The judge blasted Epic for trying to force the courts to get special treatment over the 30% cut Apple takes. “The 30% of what you complain seems to be the industry rate, right? Steam charges 30%. Microsoft: 30% ... If you go to consoles: PlayStation, Xbox Nintendo all charged 30%. Physical stores: game shop, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart all charge 30%. Apple and Google charged 30%. it's all 30%, and you just want to gloss over it. You don’t want to address it,” judge YGR says.
  • Epic admitted they want to get an EGS installed onto Apple (which would have dire concequences)
  • Most likely going to a jury (which would be beneficial to Apple)
  • Epic argued Apple is a monopoly, judge disagrees by calling them the innovator
  • “You were not forthright. You weren't. You were told, you couldn't do it. And you did." Sick burn by judge
  • Apple says that "less than 500" games have been purchased more than 2 million different users, not a single one complained about the 30%. Epic is the only one.
  • Judge did have minor issues with Apple over their practices but had more issues with how Epic is opperating.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Lengthy twitter thread about the recent court date between Apple v Epic

TL;DR:

  • The judge blasted Epic for trying to force the courts to get special treatment over the 30% cut Apple takes. “The 30% of what you complain seems to be the industry rate, right? Steam charges 30%. Microsoft: 30% ... If you go to consoles: PlayStation, Xbox Nintendo all charged 30%. Physical stores: game shop, Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart all charge 30%. Apple and Google charged 30%. it's all 30%, and you just want to gloss over it. You don’t want to address it,” judge YGR says.
  • Epic admitted they want to get an EGS installed onto Apple (which would have dire concequences)
  • Most likely going to a jury (which would be beneficial to Apple)
  • Epic argued Apple is a monopoly, judge disagrees by calling them the innovator
  • “You were not forthright. You weren't. You were told, you couldn't do it. And you did." Sick burn by judge
  • Apple says that "less than 500" games have been purchased more than 2 million different users, not a single one complained about the 30%. Epic is the only one.
  • Judge did have minor issues with Apple over their practices but had more issues with how Epic is opperating.

Yeah, I've been (sorta) following this; Epic deserves to lose the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...