Being Mobian: What would you you be? What would it be like?

TheRedStranger

• 2 weeks later...

Let's focus for a second on why Scirusians (squirrels) seem to have become the dominate species socially in Mobius? Why do you guys think that is the case?

I'm with By-Tor on this one.

I can't speak for EoT, but in SatAM there's no indication that this is the case. All we see are two members of a single royal line. We don't see any other squirrels in Mobotropolis, while we know nothing about other societies unless you count the Wolf Pack, which obviously didn't have any squirrels. On the other hand, you have Sir Charles, Julian, Dirk, Griff, and Pollo, all members of other species who achieved leadership positions of some sort. Sally and Max were presumably born into positions of leadership due to their personal ancestry dating back to someone with a great accomplishment, not their species.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2017 at 8:33 AM, Sorzo said:

SatAM there's no indication that this is the case. All we see are two members of a single royal line.

Seeing how squirrels beget squirrels and it’s a monarchy such seems apparent. Also during Blast to The Past we see that Mobitropolis, a central city, and jewel of modern Mobian culture, is ruled by Sally’s squirrel father with her surely being the expected successor given her moniker. Portraits about the background also seem to depict other squirrels as well. In our world such work like Vigèe Le Brun’s familial royal portraits of Marie Antoinette were hung the same way in the privacy of ones boudoir and home. It’s reasonable to say they are at least a major power with resources. Something unique to them surely had a factor in their leadership and I personally think it would be a matter of having a natural grasp on logistics. 

___

Food for thought.

13 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Seeing how squirrels beget squirrels and it’s a monarchy such seems apparent. Also during Blast to The Past we see that Mobitropolis, a central city, and jewel of modern Mobian culture, is ruled by Sally’s squirrel father with her surely being the expected successor given her moniker. Portraits about the background also seem to depict other squirrels as well. In our world such work like Vigèe Le Brun’s familial royal portraits of Marie Antoinette were hung the same way in the privacy of ones boudoir and home. It’s reasonable to say they are at least a major power with resources. Something unique to them surely had a factor in their leadership and I personally think it would be a matter of having a natural grasp on logistics.

So when does the Robespierre like character and want to chop everyone's heads off come in?

2 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

So when does the Robespierre like character and want to chop everyone's heads off come in?

Who says that didn't already happen a long time ago way before the events of SatAM? I mean there could have been one loony nut at some point in that royal family. XP

Stranger makes a good point regarding Squirrels being gatherers, pretty much them holding the cards (supplies) would give them such an advantage, perhaps that's how Sally's family became royals who knows how long ago. Yet in SatAM I have to wonder other than the Wolf Pack what other different lead nations, kingdoms, packs and such are there and what kind of Mobians lead them? For that matter who were they against in The Great War? A few animals mentioned up above kinda ring bells for me in leading others not because of their race mind you but their nature, a few similar in being gatherers like Squirrels by nature. Do gatherers inherent Mobius? That very well might be the case.

On a side note regarding SatAM just because Archie Sonic was based on it in some ways does NOT mean it mirrors SatAM at all in terms of factions and details, I'm not sure if I've ever heard that discussion before but for some reason I've had this thought that people think both are the same regarding story and tone. Then again perhaps that's because some people think that the comic was a continuation of SatAM which is completely not the case.

9 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Who says that didn't already happen a long time ago way before the events of SatAM? I mean there could have been one loony nut at some point in that royal family. XP

Stranger makes a good point regarding Squirrels being gatherers, pretty much them holding the cards (supplies) would give them such an advantage, perhaps that's how Sally's family became royals who knows how long ago. Yet in SatAM I have to wonder other than the Wolf Pack what other different lead nations, kingdoms, packs and such are there and what kind of Mobians lead them? For that matter who were they against in The Great War? A few animals mentioned up above kinda ring bells for me in leading others not because of their race mind you but their nature, a few similar in being gatherers like Squirrels by nature. Do gatherers inherent Mobius? That very well might be the case.

Well then again Robespierre wasn't of the royalty aka the first estate but of the third estate of France aka everybody else who isn't of the clergy or nobility. As for an acorn who was nutty  in operating his/her kingdom to cause some sort of mobian French Revolution, I find unlikely as they would probably be more aligned to acting in the way of England more or less not getting into a war because your Austrian wife's family is having a spat with another German kingdom allied with a powerful island nation with colonial interest in the same regions you have. 

Though yes, it is interesting to seeing how mobian nations formed based on the animal attributes that mobians have. I'm curious as to how feudalism in mobius worked along with the possibility of mobian states similar culturally to many world cultures. 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:35 AM, Akessel92 said:

Well then again Robespierre wasn't of the royalty aka the first estate but of the third estate of France aka everybody else who isn't of the clergy or nobility. As for an acorn who was nutty  in operating his/her kingdom to cause some sort of mobian French Revolution, I find unlikely as they would probably be more aligned to acting in the way of England more or less not getting into a war because your Austrian wife's family is having a spat with another German kingdom allied with a powerful island nation with colonial interest in the same regions you have. 

Though yes, it is interesting to seeing how mobian nations formed based on the animal attributes that mobians have. I'm curious as to how feudalism in mobius worked along with the possibility of mobian states similar culturally to many world cultures. 

I think we will need to make this a series the way this is going. Should we seperate this thread with a sections for possible Sociohistorical realities?

14 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

I think we will need to make this a series the way this is going. Should we seperate this thread with a sections for possible Sociohistorical realities?

As in regarding Mobian/Anthro histories and cultures? Yeah I think that would be an interesting topic, you don't see many cultures in fiction based on what type of animal certain characters are in...practically anything really, if anything that's always been my main complaint with most anthro stories is that they have no culture other then just earth or our world with animals replacing us.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:26 AM, Mike Arcade said:

main complaint with most anthro stories is that they have no culture other then just earth or our world with animals replacing us.

I would think that Mobians physiology would change how they interact with their environment, and thus would shape all elements of their societies in radically different ways. For example artic-adapted Mobians could live in biomes humans could only muster nomadic tribes inside, given their ability stay under artic water to forage and perhaps create aquaculture. I would think Rotor's race and its aquatic affinity would be able to build a whole nation in the expanse of somewhere as "dead" as the northern Canadian islands.

• Like 1