2 minutes ago, Prince By-Tor said:

You really cannot shoulder train females; they're constantly in motion. It's more along the lines that she climbs all over me when holding her. The boys on the other hand are like potatoes; Yuki, my grey rat is shoulder trained.

Salena tries to pretend to be shoulder trained sometimes...Around 50 pounds of dog jumping on top of you is a much different experience though....

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, MoKat said:

We adopted Candy (in April) last year. Sometime after that, we turned a spare bedroom into a home office; this a a photo of Candy "supervising":

20190728_Candy-supervising.jpg

Thanks so much for adopting. It’s typically very difficult to adopt cats due to the profundity of strays. Regardless of origin of the cat, they need space for animals in the humane society, their space and attention is a scarce and vital resource! Our state is trying real hard to fix things for the better for animals in need, but it’s been an uphill battle. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Thanks so much for adopting. It’s typically very difficult to adopt cats due to the profundity of strays. Regardless of origin of the cat, they need space for animals in the humane society, their space and attention is a scarce and vital resource! Our state is trying real hard to fix things for the better for animals in need, but it’s been an uphill battle. 

We've always believed in supporting our local shelters (but not  USHS and ASPCA because they fund lobbyists and politicians and aren't the ones running shelters or vet programs). We adopted C.C. 15 years ago (as a kitten) from a shelter too. Silver (who died in 2018) was also a shelter rescue. I think the only exception was Buster (the Rat Terrier we had); we got him from a breeder.

kittenCC-tub.jpg

Silver-floor-9-2016.jpg

window-catnap2.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 12:33 AM, TheRedStranger said:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_286.thumb.jpg.ff10548f1a9facd0bca5ac271dc29813.jpg

I love Salena, but she needs to stop peeing in my room...and the kitchen. She knows better than that. I think she does it on purpose to get my attention. She likes cheese (and chocolate but she does not need that!). She loves her Sonic, don't know where she hid it right now. Funny thing about Salena is that she loves to steal and eat my tooth paste. She has chewed some of my electric tooth brushes when she was little. Salena knows also how to say "I love you" and "hellooooooooo."

Maisse is two years old, and she likes Sheba cat food. You can tell she was pregnant and done having babies (she was a stray before Red got her). She loves to eat. Maisse rolls around in the kitchen like a dog. You can tell she was raised with a dog.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, IronCheeze said:

I love Salena, but she needs to stop peeing in my room...and the kitchen. She knows better than that. I think she does it on purpose to get my attention.

That's what it sounds like to me.

On 8/21/2020 at 7:23 PM, IronCheeze said:

You can tell she was raised with a dog.

Yeah, I think C.C. picked up some habits from Buster; she was raised with him. One time C.C. jumped onto the counter, found where we had hidden the dog treats my Hubby was using to train Buster, and knocked the bag onto the floor. Buster must have ripped open the bag because we found them both chowing down on the treats in the middle of the kitchen floor. It's funny looking back on it, but at the time we were mad at them & gave them a scolding as we confiscated the remaining treats.

• Haha 1
On 9/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, MoKat said:

That's what it sounds like to me.

Yeah, I think C.C. picked up some habits from Buster; she was raised with him. One time C.C. jumped onto the counter, found where we had hidden the dog treats my Hubby was using to train Buster, and knocked the bag onto the floor. Buster must have ripped open the bag because we found them both chowing down on the treats in the middle of the kitchen floor. It's funny looking back on it, but at the time we were mad at them & gave them a scolding as we confiscated the remaining treats.

Our cat Maise always tries to open the door when Salena wants to come back inside. She will knock on it to get your attention. One cat we had, Zoey, even knew how to open the front door, and that would let Salena outside. We had to lock it everytime she went outside. She was stray, and first time I met her she snuck through our window on Halloween night. It's funny because she was a black cat Thackary Binks in Hocus Pocus, which we were watching during the time. We gave her the middle name Binks because of that. RedStranger had been feeding her, I guess she decided to maker herself home. 🤣

• Haha 1
  • 4 months later...

EFFDB5D7-FA38-452F-AE33-715BED3684D2.thumb.jpeg.a59c259c64d2dbda8d472a32940b6520.jpeg

Maise met snow for the first time this year, she walked outside (a rare thing for her to do) just to see it. She touched it, felt cold, ran back in then continued to watch it, fascinated.DB0BA1EF-2464-4924-954A-F4B8FE300548.thumb.jpeg.9ba90fcc53c28a04784ddf0fb70ef9f1.jpeg

Salena, my husky - she just sticks her head in it like a ostrich and snorts it like a line of cocaine.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Salena, my husky - she just sticks her head in it like a ostrich and snorts it like a line of cocaine.

😄 Well, I've never seen a husky that -didn't- enjoy snow ;)

• 1 month later...

Went into house to make a business call. And my husky stole my green tea...

I had to con her back inside today with gum. For some reason Salena has always been obsessed with mint anything. She pouted and stomped in the yard. Then I told her I was going to give it to the cat...that works every time.EF34D5D9-278A-4CBE-8ACC-D0226C6FB273.thumb.jpeg.ec90282339382cc5c708090e79df7e75.jpeg5B4D556D-2DD4-4BE2-97AB-C422808F01E3.thumb.jpeg.c8d825338cce0e311bbc3752530e5ce6.jpeg

On 3/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, TheRedStranger said:

For some reason Salena has always been obsessed with mint anything.

That explains why she keeps stealing toothpaste from Cheeze.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:19 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Then I told her I was going to give it to the cat...that works every time.

🤣