The Retro Zone: Times & Things We Miss, Missed, & Wish to Reclaim.

• 3 weeks later...

I miss the Duke's of Hazard. You could probably not remake it today. That one remake movie was awful. The Home Alone series was magical and funny, but again they ruined that too. Three was just meh, so-so. First and Second were real good. But the forth one makes no sense and is just lame.

Doctor Who was great, up until the 12th Doctor. I actually really like the old Doctor Who show. Anyone else here like the fourth doctor?

17 hours ago, IronCheeze said:

I miss the Duke's of Hazard. You could probably not remake it today. That one remake movie was awful.

I agree with you on all 3 statements there.

(I could rant about Marxist idiots tearing down statues, but I choose not to.)

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, MoKat said:

I agree with you on all 3 statements there.

(I could rant about Marxist idiots tearing down statues, but I choose not to.)

I watched the Duke's of Hazard when I was real little. It's sad that anyone would want to take it off the air. I feel like stories are actually getting less diverse nowadays. When I was a kid people respected people, and racism felt like a thing of the passed. I feel people try to see it everywhere, and are obsessed with it now. My first childhood kiss was with a beautiful black girl behind the garden shed. 🤣 Remember when I let my dad know, he just laughed. "Oh now you tell me." 🤣 I wish people were more carefree again. They are just so uptight now.

I use to watch the old 70's cartoons when I toddler. I can still remember Banana Splits. Loved the songs when I was little, but that new horror movie based off it ....ugh! Hollywood has just gone crazy, ain't it?

17 hours ago, Senior Bobbert said:

I feel like stories are actually getting less diverse nowadays.

I feel the same way. Some series/stories also pander to a specific group & as a result aren't very intersting.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, MoKat said:

feel the same way. Some series/stories also pander to a specific group & as a result aren't very intersting.

I feel like the new Sonic movie is something you can enjoy as a kid and an adult. But there are many movies are not like that. Dear White People is an example I don't like. Making a whole story about skin color makes me uncomfortable. When I was little, I watched a lot of Looney Tunes, that has jokes in it that make me laugh just as much today. So stupid they took this guy's gun. You really can't have Sam without them.

On 10/22/2020 at 2:52 PM, WarTraveller said:

Why? What advantage do they have?

Not much of a technological advantage, analogue does allegedly create a unique warm sound. That’s the kicker. It’s the imperfections and just general analogue feel that gives off a unique aesthetic. Some people want the simpler and more flawed feel, much like home-cooking compared to catering. Every tape is physical and has its own character in a sense too, it ages uniquely and is your very own tape of that particular music.