From Game breaking bugs to hilarious exploits of a game's code, this is the place where we show off and talk about our hilarious (and sometimes unsettling)  encounters with glitches throughout our gaming lives. I'll go first:

2015-12-05_00002.jpg

Clearly as you can see, Snake is the best driver in all the Indian Ocean.

Here's an appropriate one for a largely Sonic-based site.

I've had the misfortune of playing Boom, and during one section, I discovered that the rocks that littered the area are not actually solid objects unless you jump on them. If you walk into one, you literally walk into it. Due to the size of the rocks, there were one or two that made both Sonic and Amy look like decapitated heads just sitting on top of boulders. Even more did the same for Tails, or worse, made him look like half a head. Buffles' size meant that he at least got to keep part of his chest.

18 hours ago, ToaArcan said:

I've had the misfortune of playing Boom, and during one section, I discovered that the rocks that littered the area are not actually solid objects unless you jump on them. If you walk into one, you literally walk into it. Due to the size of the rocks, there were one or two that made both Sonic and Amy look like decapitated heads just sitting on top of boulders. Even more did the same for Tails, or worse, made him look like half a head. Buffles' size meant that he at least got to keep part of his chest.

*Deranged hermit runs out of the woods, screaming.*

"The stones, the stones! They thirst for brightly colored anthro flesh!"

14 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:
On 05/06/2016 at 6:50 AM, ToaArcan said:

*Deranged hermit runs out of the woods, screaming.*

"The stones, the stones! They thirst for brightly colored anthro flesh!"

Scan_20160606.png

• Like 4

"The Falador Massacre"

So this was an "event" that happened on the MMORPG RuneScape back on 06/06/2006, 10 years ago today. Player "Cursed You" was the first to achieve level 99, the highest you could achieve, in construction; a skill that allowed you to build your own house to your liking, complete with things such as a fighting room, a dungeon, trophy room, etc. There was a lot you could do with this skill. Cursed, being the first to achieve level 99 held a massive house party. This is where things got a bit messy.

During the party, in which hundreds of other players were at, caused a massive server lag and Cursed kicked everyone out of the house. Now, people who were in the combat ring who were fighting were able to fight others in the main world, something you cant do unless in certain minigames or in the "Wilderness", the game's player killing area. Player Durial321, went on this massive killing spree in multiple towns, starting in Rimmington, culminating in the city of Falador, where most of the killing took place, and eventually ending to Edgevile. Hundreds of other players were killed and the development team had to be called back into the office (in the middle of the night cause Jagex is based in England) to create a hotfix for the issue. Multiple players were banned due to the exploitation of the glitch and the mods apologized to anyone that was a victim to the incident, but didnt return the lost items.

Today, Jagex is making light of this event, opening a special world for the day (World 666) allowing everyone to kill each other in Falador. This event is special because the world temporary gives everyone max stats, the tools and everything and let the players have fun recreating this event. It's actually quite amusing and a little interesting that Jagex is making light of a major (and accidental) bug abuse event.

The thing about this was that it was a complete accident that was overlooked when coding the skill into the game. No one knew about the bug until it was too late.

Corrupted Blood was an oversight by Blizzard that took way to long to fix

10 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

The thing about this was that it was a complete accident that was overlooked when coding the skill into the game. No one knew about the bug until it was too late.

Corrupted Blood was an oversight by Blizzard that took way to long to fix

And both cases showed amazing levels of dickery by the players. The Falador Massacre got its name because the players decided to use the glitch to murder a bunch of defenceless people, while the Corrupted Blood case is actually now used as a case study regarding bioterrorism, because the tactics people used to spread it were so similar to real-life cases.

5 hours ago, ToaArcan said:

And both cases showed amazing levels of dickery by the players. The Falador Massacre got its name because the players decided to use the glitch to murder a bunch of defenceless people, while the Corrupted Blood case is actually now used as a case study regarding bioterrorism, because the tactics people used to spread it were so similar to real-life cases.

It doesnt help that the main guy in the Falador Massacre was apart of one of the largest pking clans in RuneScape.

But I love how Corrupted Blood became a case study and how to figure out what a plan should be for epidemics/bioterrorism

46 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

It doesnt help that the main guy in the Falador Massacre was apart of one of the largest pking clans in RuneScape.

But I love how Corrupted Blood became a case study and how to figure out what a plan should be for epidemics/bioterrorism

Reminds me of a story from the first Planetside. Players were having an in-game wake for a dead community member, and this whole outfit showed up with aircraft and carpet-bombed the procession. Because they could. The guys were already notorious for basically being white supremacists, and were shortly banhammered. The entire outfit.

Yea.

fallout 3's The Pitt deterioration, the cooling tower hit-boxes invert causing you to actually fall out of the map with no way back in, barring fast travel or a really specific spot where VATS still works. it actually damages Mothership Zeta's quest pathing its so bad, and its never been patched.

• 2 weeks later...

here's one that I remember from back in the day: there once was a game called crashday, and in it was a basic level editor that is pictured here

hqdefault.jpg

and in said editor if you didn't place objects just right, welcome to the rainbow void of windows xp lag as you fall into the underside of the world.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On July 3, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Wulfsbane said:

It always amuses me when objects like chairs do that. Wonder what goes wrong in the code to do so?

qa1y6zvrsxs3veen1hku.jpg

The famous Unity glitch faces... which I never got. The only issue I had with Unity was it was unreasonably difficult

I never got it either, but something similar did happen to me after playing fallout 3's mothership zeta

• 5 weeks later...

The Hercules Check: A glitch in EA Sport's NHL 13 in which if you checked a player while the door to the bench was open you launched them into the crowd. EA had a little fun with this glitch too (they never patched it)

Original Video

EA's Response

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...