• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s some pictures from The Kentucky Horse Park, Southern Lights. I took my brother Chase,@Senior Bobbert and @Sargent Beeler. up there under my New Covenant Outreach Program. They had a blast and t

Decided to post a picture of my finalised Christmas tree. Because I think it's REAL good. Like it?

Yep. Still working on my house, but here are some pictures of my most Christmas apt pet and some decorative shenanigans. XP

Posted Images

INCANDECENT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS CAN NEVER BE TRULY REPLACED BY L.E.D.'S CAUSE L.E.D'S SUCK!!!

well with that out of the way, halloween shopping at walmart used to be a fun little thing me and my brother would do every year, and then we'd combine what we bought with what we had and make a costume. one year he actually managed to dress as doctor mario while I was a pirate waiter.

On 10/6/2016 at 9:02 PM, F07E said:

INCANDECENT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS CAN NEVER BE TRULY REPLACED BY L.E.D.'S CAUSE L.E.D'S SUCK!!!

well with that out of the way, halloween shopping at walmart used to be a fun little thing me and my brother would do every year, and then we'd combine what we bought with what we had and make a costume. one year he actually managed to dress as doctor mario while I was a pirate waiter.

*The Enviro-nazis drag F07E away. xD

___

One time I had a very special Halloween party... My happy house guests all flocked together ready for a scavenger hunt in the dark rural area around my home at the time, flash lights in hand... There were two groups, the kiddies and then the older kids/young adults. One found fun things like cartoon spiders and solved riddles to find cutesy fall-themed objects with parental supervision. The second group thought they would do the same. What they found instead of gimmicky Halloween decorations and much more... stationary... They looked up after finding the first note to find a dark, slender figure, faceless yet staring upon a high roof, silhouetted in the full moonlight. One moment he was there and then... he was gone. The house was locked, lights off, and the inside deathly quiet. What's worse was that they scattered into two groups...so it was as if some of them had "disappeared." And, as they frantically searched for pages, they could hear each other cry out in the treacherous and tenebrous distance.

I can still remember all the screams. :)

I'm just glad they did not see me fall of the roof while trying to "teleport." xD

When I was a kid, I would go to my grandparent's house for Halloween. There would be a tractor ride to multiple houses in the area (it was essentially a private area, one road in from the main road). My best friend's father owns a Kabota with a trailer that he's put hay on it and take us kids around the area to the different houses. It was fun thing as a kid as we got to hit multiple houses in a short time. I think we had a competition to see who could get the most candy from it, we also didnt have to worry about people leaving the bowls of candy outside either cause back then that didnt happen. They stopped doing it years ago when all the kids grew up. I'm gonna ask her the next time I see her (if it's soon or not cause stuff) if she has any photos from that. I'm sure her parents kept some.

• 2 weeks later...

whilst digging through my old phones pictures, I found these fitting pictures of a jack-o-lantern I made from a few halloweens ago:

IMG-20131030-00117.jpg

IMG-20131030-00118.jpg

IMG-20131031-00119.jpg

IMG-20131031-00120.jpg

(the one with the moustache was my brothers) done completely freehand with no clear direction in mind. It's now the only pumpkin I think of when I think of the headless horeseman.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cooked a ham, a turkey, corn, roast, and chicken today. Had the helpful advice of a trained culinarist ( @Wulfsbane ). Cooking is another craft at which I strive to improve (let's hope I just don't confuse it with painting given all my multi-tasking). xD It's also nice to help mom in the kitchen while listening to Christmas music and simply creating memories. Been a busy day overall with basically two dinners (one for my immediate family for dinner and with my broader family in the morning.) Watched Macy's with all the family and made fun of all the stupid things said and done during this election. I had the honor of giving my friend @Mike Arcade fhis irst traditional Thanksgiving this evening. My family invited him over to eat with us. Salena-dog also ate herself into a turkey comma.

So what did you guys, cook, eat do? And more importantly what are you thankful for this year? Personally, I am thankful for my family, friends, and you all. I am also thankful that the election has ended and that the DOW and Kentucky is already seeing benefits. Apple is also thinking of abandoning the heartless tech-plantation/ spy-ware implanting dictatorscape we call China and coming back to give ethically organized labor their hard-earned jobs! Apple iMacs are assembled here in KY so there could very well be many job opportunities here and they are also looking at Old Mills in the area where Wulfsbane lives. This will bring tax revenue to the American people as well economic growth and jobs. I am happy and hopeful that my country is growing out of the self-loathing malaise it has been trapped in for eight years. I am thankful that my love ones will have more possible chances for prosperity and opportunity now (and that I won't be fiscally punished for not kowtowing to the very unaffordable Obamacare).  Oh! I am also thankful for my new house. It's been been a grueling process working, being a student, moving,  and building on house you are currently living in at the same time, but it has been all worth it. My family has a quiet and warm roof over their head, my equity is going up with each bit of remodeling, and I have been thanked personally by neighbors for making my childhood neighborhood great again. XP

IMG_5095.JPG.jpg

IMG_5101.JPG.jpg

• Like 2

The moment when you pull out your Christmas lights and remember your parents were dumb and lost that really hard to find and super important plastic piece that let's the string function, and everyone winds up mad.

On 11/25/2016 at 1:01 AM, TheRedStranger said:

Cooked a ham, a turkey, corn, roast, and chicken today. Had the helpful advice of a trained culinarist ( @Wulfsbane ). Cooking is another craft at which I strive to improve (let's hope I just don't confuse it with painting given all my multi-tasking). xD It's also nice to help mom in the kitchen while listening to Christmas music and simply creating memories. Been a busy day overall with basically two dinners (one for my immediate family for dinner and with my broader family in the morning.) Watched Macy's with all the family and made fun of all the stupid things said and done during this election. I had the honor of giving my friend @Mike Arcade fhis irst traditional Thanksgiving this evening. My family invited him over to eat with us. Salena-dog also ate herself into a turkey comma.

So what did you guys, cook, eat do? And more importantly what are you thankful for this year? Personally, I am thankful for my family, friends, and you all. I am also thankful that the election has ended and that the DOW and Kentucky is already seeing benefits. Apple is also thinking of abandoning the heartless tech-plantation/ spy-ware implanting dictatorscape we call China and coming back to give ethically organized labor their hard-earned jobs! Apple iMacs are assembled here in KY so there could very well be many job opportunities here and they are also looking at Old Mills in the area where Wulfsbane lives. This will bring tax revenue to the American people as well economic growth and jobs. I am happy and hopeful that my country is growing out of the self-loathing malaise it has been trapped in for eight years. I am thankful that my love ones will have more possible chances for prosperity and opportunity now (and that I won't be fiscally punished for not kowtowing to the very unaffordable Obamacare).  Oh! I am also thankful for my new house. It's been been a grueling process working, being a student, moving,  and building on house you are currently living in at the same time, but it has been all worth it. My family has a quiet and warm roof over their head, my equity is going up with each bit of remodeling, and I have been thanked personally by neighbors for making my childhood neighborhood great again. XP

IMG_5095.JPG.jpg

IMG_5101.JPG.jpg

That's a good list, Mate.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and also am happy to see Mike spend it with you!

• 3 weeks later...

So I went to Southern Lights here in Kentucky with @TheRedStranger and the family, which is where you drive thru all these put together light signs that show Snowflakes, Santa Clause, Raindeer, and the 12 Days of Christmas! Afterwards we went to the Kentucky Horse Museum that you get to go to right afterwards with a neat gift shop, nice snacks such as Kettle Corn, and went through to see old carriages, some information on famous Kentucky Race Horses, and saw all these cool miniature railroads!

It was a great time really, I can't thank them enough. :)  

10 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

So I went to Southern Lights here in Kentucky with @TheRedStranger and the family, which is where you drive thru all these put together light signs that show Snowflakes, Santa Clause, Raindeer, and the 12 Days of Christmas!

We have something like that at Noble Park. Also, Patti's (restaurant) in Grand Rivers usually has an awesome display-but you have to walk around for that one (no drive-thru).

BTW, Merry Christmas all ^.^

• Like 1
On 12/16/2016 at 0:49 PM, WarTraveller said:

Decided to post a picture of my finalised Christmas tree. Because I think it's REAL good.

DSC_0036[1].JPG

Like it?

Yep. Still working on my house, but here are some pictures of my most Christmas apt pet and some decorative shenanigans.

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

XP

• Like 2
3 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

Urmagursh that dog is adorable

Wait, you're still working on it? It's the 23rd, isn't it?

Her named is Salena, she is a pure bred Siberian Husky. 

The house, Perry. I am still working on my house. I am actually going to paint that unfinished wall before Christmas Day. xD

Good news is that my equity is going to be great on this place when I am done. 

13 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

Her named is Salena, she is a pure bred Siberian Husky. 

The house, Perry. I am still working on my house. I am actually going to paint that unfinished wall before Christmas Day. xD

Good news is that my equity is going to be great on this place when I am done. 

Hmm-hmm. Until your super mega ultra evil neighbours set fire to it.

28 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

Hmm-hmm. Until your super mega ultra evil neighbours set fire to it.

Well, what a loving thing to wish upon my family... :/

Actually, they have shut up and have been frantically cleaning up ever since we pressed charges and contacted the actual land owner (who was livid). I think they also turned on each other... There is a tress-pass order on their head and Drug Task Force is watching as well. I have 15 friends in a clip and one in a chamber they'll have to meet first before they do that Perry. I am going to make my childhood neighborhood a wholesome place again and do it the right way.

• Like 1
Just now, TheRedStranger said:

Well, what a loving thing to wish upon my family... :/

Actually, they have shut up and have been frantically cleaning up ever since we pressed charges and contacted the actual land owner who was livid. I think they also turned on each other... There is a tress-pass order on their head and Drug Task Force is watching as well. I have 15 friends in a clip and one in a chamber they'll have to meet first before they  Perry. I am going to make my childhood neighborhood a wholesome place again and do it the right way.

GODAMMIT why am I do bad at this thing you humans call "joking"?!

*sigh* Sorry, man.

6 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

[Something you just don't say, especially during Christmas] why am I do bad at this thing you humans call "joking"?!

*sigh* Sorry, man.

It's because you are so use to speaking rather than writing your thoughts. I cannot hear or see your body language when you talk. That's why emotiocons were designed.  Try using this one :P. I really don't know if you are making a resentful snarky stab or a sincere joke. 

You are okay. Just got to keep working at it. I got thick skin. But another friend or member down the road might not. Best to use this opportunity now.

24 minutes ago, TheRedStranger said:

It's because you are so use to speaking rather than writing your thoughts. I cannot hear or see your body language when you talk. That's why emotiocons were designed.  Try using this one :P. I really don't know if you are making a resentful snarky stab or a sincere joke. 

You are okay. Just got to keep working at it. I got thick skin. But another friend or member down the road might not. Best to use this opportunity now.

I know, I know. I guess I've just had a bad day.

22 hours ago, WarTraveller said:

I know, I know. I guess I've just had a bad day.

Know the feeling, but we both have to be careful with presenting our thoughts.  Speaking of myself as well: I've had my fair share of unfortunate scenarios because I wasn't careful with my thoughts and posting them (Stranger can verify on that one).

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Prince By-Tor said:

Saint-Valentine-Meme-620x801.jpeg

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." - 1 John 4:7-12

Secular culture just does not get it....

6 minutes ago, Wulfsbane said:

It's a Hallmark holiday

More like another Hijacked one...reflection on faith and history take a certain intellectual effort sentimentalist, consummerist postmoderns cannot seem to mentally muster. Their perceptions are as shallow as the width of that said Hallmark card; such skin deep love is not love at all. 

37 minutes ago, WarTraveller said:

I'm just glad it's over for another year. The SonAmy fans are at their most vicious at this time of year. 

Those fiends...hijacking our Christian Holiday to commit the greatest heresy ever. xD

Blasphemy! We must burn the heretics Cardinal Perry! :D

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite holiday is the 4th of July. 1: Because it's in the summer and summer is the best season. 2: Because we celebrate it by BLOWING STUFF UP!

It's a shame we don't get a holiday to celebrate the NA victory over Custer, though. That would be awesome.

150 years of Canadian confederacy, what's already making this year's canada day awesome is that everyone already gets a free year long national park pass, and the fireworks are gonna be all out crazy!!! 

On 2/26/2017 at 0:23 PM, F07E said:

150 years of Canadian confederacy, what's already making this year's canada day awesome is that everyone already gets a free year long national park pass, and the fireworks are gonna be all out crazy!!! 

Do all your parks cost money?

1 hour ago, TheRedStranger said:

Do all your parks cost money?

For as long as I can remember, provincial parks too. If memory serves me correct, It's mainly to cut back on poaching, maintain trails and campgrounds, as well as other amenities that are specific to that particular national/provincial park. The only parks I can think of that are free are the ones located inside the city, but that's because they're municipal parks.

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2017 at 3:15 PM, F07E said:

For as long as I can remember, provincial parks too. If memory serves me correct, It's mainly to cut back on poaching, maintain trails and campgrounds, as well as other amenities that are specific to that particular national/provincial park. The only parks I can think of that are free are the ones located inside the city, but that's because they're municipal parks.

I think that's similar to the US National Park service. Most town/city parks are free but some of the bigger ones (like Yosemite, Yellowstone, etc.) cost something. In my hometown there's a giant mill complex that's under the National Park Service. For like $20 you get to see almost everything in the Mills and get to learn what it was like back in the Industrial Revolution

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...