Jump to content

Recommended Posts

To all of you who have perhaps served or had people who have served - Happy Vetrans Day (Remembrance Day for @F07E and @WarTraveller). Thank you, or tell your family who served thank you, for your service in keeping my nation free and the Western, free-world free. If you have any family or friends you would like to acknowledge - this is the thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s some pictures from The Kentucky Horse Park, Southern Lights. I took my brother Chase,@Senior Bobbert and @Sargent Beeler. up there under my New Covenant Outreach Program. They had a blast and t

Decided to post a picture of my finalised Christmas tree. Because I think it's REAL good. Like it?

Yep. Still working on my house, but here are some pictures of my most Christmas apt pet and some decorative shenanigans. XP

Posted Images

Much like last year I went over to @TheRedStranger's place and had Thanksgiving over with his family and some of our friends. It was a great time, had a bunch of ham, turkey, roast beef, corn, and a few desserts. There were funny faces, a bunch of fun discussion on who could take who on and possible crossovers that were either awesome, funny, or messed up (mine mostly messed up). After that however we started to play Perfect Dark on the 360 which I've barely ever played before as a kid, so going up against him and his brother who played countless hours as kids in the game was not the smartest move. Still a got a few kills in and mainly died...a lot. I'll say this though I love the pinball grenades, why that is not a thing I'll never know. It was a great time, I can't thank them enough. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Much like last year I went over to @TheRedStranger's place and had Thanksgiving over with his family and some of our friends. It was a great time, had a bunch of ham, turkey, roast beef, corn, and a few desserts. There were funny faces, a bunch of fun discussion on who could take who on and possible crossovers that were either awesome, funny, or messed up (mine mostly messed up). After that however we started to play Perfect Dark on the 360 which I've barely ever played before as a kid, so going up against him and his brother who played countless hours as kids in the game was not the smartest move. Still a got a few kills in and mainly died...a lot. I'll say this though I love the pinball grenades, why that is not a thing I'll never know. It was a great time, I can't thank them enough. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

Turkey better this year or last?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and Blessed Holiday, spent time over Christmas day at @TheRedStranger's with friends and his family, had a good time eating ham and meatballs. Got some D&D DVDs this year like the first 9 episodes of the cartoon and the live-action films (yes really XD) and a trade paperback of Archie Sonic and Megaman's Worlds Collide (the good crossover from them). We played some PS2 games his brother got for Christmas, one of which I got for them being Soul Calibur II. First game we played was Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 then we played SCII, for once I got a lot more wins in than usual. It's always fun spending time we them all, honestly it just don't feel like Christmas until I come over and spend time with my best friends and the family.

Well, let's all enjoy the upcoming New Year folks. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 7:25 PM, Polkadi said:

A USB studio microphone by Stadium, or something... It's nothing special, a cheap one, but it's better by far than any of my other microphones!! :D

Don’t worry. It will do you well. Just be careful with it - that gold filament in a condenser is very sensitive. Makes sure you keep it centered and away from any edges on the desk. You have a pop-filter for it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Don’t worry. It will do you well. Just be careful with it - that gold filament in a condenser is very sensitive. Makes sure you keep it centered and away from any edges on the desk. You have a pop-filter for it?

Sure do!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
19 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

Halloween plans anyone?

Well I want to do something. I just...don't really know what that is, yet. I was going to write a story about the Boomiverse protags all becoming various spooky creatures, but I got about halfway through writing about the main villain basically massarcing the entire village and thought, "Y...Yeah, this is terrible" and shelved it. Only issue now is that I don't have a backup plan. Anyone got any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 10:59 AM, WarTraveller said:

Well I want to do something. I just...don't really know what that is, yet. I was going to write a story about the Boomiverse protags all becoming various spooky creatures, but I got about halfway through writing about the main villain basically massarcing the entire village and thought, "Y...Yeah, this is terrible" and shelved it. Only issue now is that I don't have a backup plan. Anyone got any ideas?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure this really counts as a holiday. Or a season. It IS a celebration, though. A yearly tradition people within Bridgwater like to do.

Funfair1.thumb.png.cb1fafb5f7bbeb2c9ce16c99845e603f.pngfunfair2.thumb.png.2e1b6e406d745fce9ff265f6702e0b3b.png

The Bridgwater Fair, every end-of-September. Normally four days long, but I'll be missing the last two because I'm going away after I'm done with college tomorrow. A dizzying, hurtful minefield of blaring loud dubstep, bright flashing lights, viscious and wild rides, vaguely overpriced and rigged stalls, and a giant market through the street that sells things and food you just can't get anywhere else. And that's exactly why I love it so. Didn't get much from the market this year because it's almost as if I've got to hold onto my money for car stuff now. Adult life kind of sucks. :/

I was just wondering, since it's so similar to the average American state fair, bar the deep-fried ice cream and stuff like that. So tell me, @TheRedStranger, @Mike Arcade, @Wulfsbane, etc, what sort of experiences do YOU have with these country state fair...things?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/29/2018 at 7:42 PM, MoKat said:

Well it IS a celebration, so I'd say it counts. It -does- look similar to what few fairs I've been to; do any of the vendors sell funnel cakes (or something like that)? 

Well it took me a month to answer that, but...no. They DO sell stuff like welsh cakes, doughnuts, stuff from chocolate fountains, tons of beer and even a noodle bar. A quite pricey noodle bar...but a very tasty one.

Honestly, the first half of the fall in this part of the country is always fun. You have the fair in September, Halloween in October, the carnival and Bonfire Night in November and then it's straight onto Christmas the following month. Breathes some life into such a small, grey town. One that used to be well-renowned as a port for boats - you can still see some of the broken remains of the supports jutting out of the riverbank mud. Perhaps I'll take some pictures and show you one day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, MoKat said:

Doughnuts are close enough, and "stuff from chocolate fountains" sounds delicious. ;)

 

I hope everybody (who celebrates it) had a Happy Thanksgiving!

It was an excellent at my house. Finally got the whole family back together to celebrate it like old times, along with my friends @Mike Arcade and @Senior Bobbert. Now that one extremely toxic individual is out of the family and lost custody of her children , everything has glued together real well. I helped my mother cook for it, including the turkey and ham. I make a mean turkey thanks to @Wulfsbane. It pays to have a friend who majored in the culinary arts. XP Having a Costco membership also helps when feeding over 25 people. XD

The new generation in my family is starting to get old enough to appreciate the holiday. It warms my heart to see my old-now-new home, my grandparents place, back in shape where they can make the same memories I did. Moreover it’s good to see the neighborhood safe again, after the clean up (and miraculous move-out of the crazy-dumb tweakers next door). I can still remember 20 years ago coming in to this house to play Zelda Ocarina of Time for the first time on Thanksgiving, like it were yesterday as kid. It’s perspective-gifting and intresting to see certain vicarious deja vu childhood moments from outside and adult  eyes.

After the kids left, I spent my time with my mother, father, brother and Arcade and Bobbert, watching all the holiday episodes of Friends on Netflix. XD

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. A childhood home renewed. Good friends. A neighborhood purged of whack jobs. Young family members  safe and in better custody.  And above all, a family property rejoined. Last but not least, I am thankful for all of you dedicated guys here in the site like @WarTraveller, @MoKat, and @Akessel92. You guys really bring a lot to the site. May your Christmas be as blessed as Thanksgiving - it’s right around the corner! 

P.S - Perry. If you were only closer - you could have an extra holiday and something better than English cooking. XP

Maybe someday, you can. When that day comes, I will have a seat free for you at my table. :) In the mean time, at least you got Boxing Day (States totally needs a Boxing Day).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 7:35 AM, TheRedStranger said:

P.S - Perry. If you were only closer - you could have an extra holiday and something better than English cooking. XP

Maybe someday, you can. When that day comes, I will have a seat free for you at my table. :) In the mean time, at least you got Boxing Day (States totally needs a Boxing Day).

I mean...English cooking is really bland. XD And really, not even sure what Boxing Day is even supposed to be. Hmm.

But really, those were some real kind words, Jordan. I know we don't along at times, our views differ quite heavily, but really, I do see you and everyone on the site as a genuine friend. If I was closer, or could afford a ticket to the US,  I probably would pay a visit. I hope your Christmas is as good as your Thanksgiving this year, too. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Here’s some pictures from The Kentucky Horse Park, Southern Lights. I took my brother Chase,@Senior Bobbert and @Sargent Beeler. up there under my New Covenant Outreach Program. They had a blast and that wasn’t even Christmas Day  Our Holiday season is far from over. We will be going to Winterfest at KingsIsland soon to celebrate Christmas Eve.

605AA710-6B0E-4C3C-B648-B980B7A46CF0.jpeg

E7C9846C-850B-4FFF-83AA-BD5050FBB1CB.jpeg

8F70D1DD-4E9C-4D6D-90BE-68E0222251F8.jpeg

096283D2-E042-4ED9-8A70-D67E1BF31B30.jpeg

743D4EEB-8E48-47C6-AEC3-563EB6725A89.jpeg

5097DF5C-036B-4B69-9715-BA6DAED64DC7.jpeg

22AE63C8-7713-4B19-BC91-0E34B69BACA0.jpeg

A003A81A-D42A-4269-A626-B747F7BAEA01.jpeg

9FB005CD-B731-42B7-AFF0-959DEE270A5B.jpeg

BA353FEE-0C5E-4BFC-AE6A-F5D08FE3473C.jpeg

E0BEB912-C36B-4D25-91CD-08DFC6B9E002.jpeg

83FF5430-98AE-42D4-BE83-9B8BC30755A0.jpeg

850DB41F-E0D9-4339-8F65-7264BC4AD8C0.jpeg

F9973C5D-2F48-4DB6-97C0-0085582D6444.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving :)

We brought mashed sweet potatoes & deviled eggs to Mom's house; she cooked the turkey & made dressing. It was all good.

Safe travels to everyone traveling this week!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pumpkin Patch season is coming! Hope they don't close them down because of the Corona. There was a time where I went to a night-time Pumpkin Patch event with friends and went through a giant corn maize in the dark. @TheRedStrangerbrought his portable speaker and some flashflights and then started Slenderman music. 🤣 It spooked the crap out of @Senior Bobbert😝 and @Mike Arcade. Top it all off, when we drove home passed an old gothic house, there was this dude on a pale horse that rode near the road...with no head. It was the headless horseman! Must have been a haunted house. Really good one. It was a really, really believable.

I got to a lot of them in my area around this time in Lexington, Richmond, and Georgetown. @MoKat, you are from Kentucky, right? Ever been to any of these?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, IronCheeze said:

@MoKat, you are from Kentucky, right? Ever been to any of these?

I'm at the western end of the state, so nope. Lexington is a goood 4 hour or so drive from where I am, BTW.

There is a "haunted house" attraction in the area called Talon Falls; dunno if it is gonna be open this year though.

{Edit: just found out at their website that it -will- be open}

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 12:47 PM, MoKat said:

I'm at the western end of the state, so nope. Lexington is a goood 4 hour or so drive from where I am, BTW.

There is a "haunted house" attraction in the area called Talon Falls; dunno if it is gonna be open this year though.

{Edit: just found out at their website that it -will- be open}

Might be too much for Cheeze, except the hayride. He would like that a lot.  Bobbart and Beeler would love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 3:41 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Might be too much for Cheeze, except the hayride. He would like that a lot.  Bobbart and Beeler would love it.

Being chased by monsters on the hayride does sound like scary-fun! @Wulfsbane Are you ready for Pumpkin Spice? XP

@MoKatScreamfest is another big one in Kings Island, you might like it. Red is right, I am not a big fan getting spooks directly in my face. I prefer scary movies instead.

 

So ready for Halloween! Even got the new Halloween Theme on. It looks great!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, IronCheeze said:

Going to dress up in a costume?

Nah, I haven't done that in years; last time was when my church did Trunk-or-Treat (I was a black cat ^.^).

I'll probably play Bloodborne or Demon Souls on Halloween; not much happening around here this year anyway :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MoKat said:

Nah, I haven't done that in years; last time was when my church did Trunk-or-Treat (I was a black cat ^.^).

I'll probably play Bloodborne or Demon Souls on Halloween; not much happening around here this year anyway :P

Ahw that's sad. I can understand why because of the virus. I am going to have a Halloween party at my house October 31st. I think if you wear a mask, you should be able to trick'or'treat. There are ways to make it safer. We are going to have a pumpkin painting contest at Camp Catalpa on the 27th. I will share some pictures here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, IronCheeze said:

So what are you guys all doing for Halloween? Going to dress up in a costume?

We don't really do that around here. I mean, my area's not been hit that badly by COVID, but we're still on alert so there'll be no parties or trick or treating. Or there WILL as humans are a stubborn bunch and put personal pleasure before the saftey of all but OH WELL.

At the moment I'm just posting a story me and a friend of mine were writing for Halloween.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...