So I'm painfully aware that a lot of people around here don't know too much regarding Sonic the Comic, that being the best offical Sonic Comic Series out there. Now there are tons and I mean TONS of issues regarding this series and for some you might not have the time to read all of them. However this where this playlist comes in, a guy going by the name BlackDogBrew decided to make an entire Retrospective regarding STC years ago and it still continues to stay up as of this writing. I figured for some of you that can't read the whole series can at least watch these videos to get some context regarding STC, this is probably the best way to get the gist of it as this series goes into the overall story arcs and then the characters. But still I do recommend you guys to read the series for yourselves and get your own opinions of it, this however should help you on the way.

As a matter of fact, I think this calls for an overall new type of topic, for now let's call it An Introduction Guide! A guide that introduces others to the multiple different facets of Sonic the Hedgehog overall and gets those who aren't so familiar to them more into it, so on that note let me share you a Wikia that'll also help you get into the series with a lot of information.

http://stc.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Comic_Wiki

This site gives you all the info for STC and it's fan made continuation STC-O as well, the two are very tied together when it comes to the fan base and you get a whole other story you are free to check out yourselves, said youtube series up above dives into it a bit as well. If any of you have questions regarding the series just let me know, and with that let's check it out!

Edited by Mike Arcade
Broaden out the Topic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting time that you posted this.  The Sonic Scanf website (where both Archie and Fleetway comics were posted online) had recently removed the comics out of respect of Archie.  A noble move on their part; however, it is harder for people to read the older comics.  Guess either we just deal with the summary details in the video and wiki or try buying the old comics.

I don't think they removed them out of respect rather then the legality of putting them up online, I mean Archie is currently selling the older issues still despite everything that's gone on the past few years. Now removing STC and the other comics however that wasn't Archie was a bad move as there are no reprints of any of them AND Sega apparently has no interest in archiving nor republishing them in any way.

Thankfully I grabbed everything that wasn't Archie before the site went down, even then the wayback machine has pretty much everything archived, I tested that out. Also as for STC we do have a topic where I provided a download for everything from the original release of STC that's been scanned online, I couldn't let STC fade away after all. ;) 

Granted this happened a few months ago but still, it's very important that we not only acknowledge these different forms of media but also keep them up and alive for all to see. So give reading them a chance and enjoy my friends!

• Mike Arcade changed the title to Sonic the Comic Discussion
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna post videos about STC until we get more of the ball rolling here. In this one, the guy goes on about The Brotherhood of Metallix, one of the coolest villain faction in any Sonic Series. You think one Metal Sonic is tough? Try an entire army of them! Seriously, check this one out.

Man, after making a few Fleetway videos, I've realized that almost every story involves Amy getting kidnapped.

And -that- sums up why I don't think much of Fleetway's version of Amy.

Metallix may have been inspired by Sonic CD, but I think Dr. Zachary is more interesting:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 5:03 PM, MoKat said:

And -that- sums up why I don't think much of Fleetway's version of Amy.

Metallix may have been inspired by Sonic CD, but I think Dr. Zachary is more interesting

I'd disagree on that regarding STC Amy, her getting kidnapped was part of the earlier stories more than anything else. I mean I like the fact she uses a Crossbow of all things in this series, which is a far cooler weapon than a Prop Toy Hammer (And the odd Bow). I don't recall too many stand out Amy Stories, though she does have some of the more weaker STC Stories of all time. It's either that or the stories she star in are some of the weirdest in the comic, and THAT is saying something. Despite that, I'd still prefer this Amy over the one from Sonic X or the games from 2003 to 2010 any day of the week.

I've always loved the Metallix, though Dr. Zachary has always been an interesting villain. Why did he have such a grudge against his own race, and where did they go? Nobody knows! At the very least, we got some cool STC-Online issues with him in it. He literally only had two or so appearances in the Official Comic. Even though Dr. Fintiveus is a different beast, Zachary paved the way for a Genius Echidna Antagonist for Knuckles.

• Thanks 1

I don't recall too many stand out Amy Stories, though she does have some of the more weaker STC Stories of all time. It's either that or the stories she star in are some of the weirdest in the comic, and THAT is saying something.

I think you just made my case for me :D

34 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Despite that, I'd still prefer this Amy over the one from Sonic X or the games from 2003 to 2010 any day of the week.

I can agree with you on that^ at least.

Why did he have such a grudge against his own race, and where did they go? Nobody knows! At the very least, we got some cool STC-Online issues with him in it. He literally only had two or so appearances in the Official Comic.

Ikr? His air of mystery is part of his appeal.

Even though Dr. Fintiveus is a different beast, Zachary paved the way for a Genius Echidna Antagonist for Knuckles.

Dimitri (of the Dark Legion) preceded Dr. F in Archie's comics though.

*looks up 1st appearances*

Dr. Zachary

From Sonic News Network Wiki:

The concept of Doctor Zachary and the story in which he first appeared ("The Homecoming", from Sonic the Comic #65 to #68) was created by artist Richard Elson

No date? Ok, found it on the manga wiki:

Sonic the Comic #65 (November 1995)

Dimitri

Knuckles the Echidna #1

• February 1997 (release date)
  • April 1997 (publication date)

Yeah, Dimitri came about 2 years later. I seriously doubt he was inspired by Dr. Zachary though because Penders didn't know about StC at the time, let alone read any of it. I don't recall him even mentioning the series, but I'll dig through my archives of his  messageboard later & see if I can find anything.

Doctor Finitevus

First appearance Sonic the Hedgehog #94

Date May 2001

• Like 1

• 3 months later...