It's finally come out, and I managed to get a hold of the US version myself too. Don't worry, you won't see an overly long post-review this time around. XP

I really like it overall, although not having the Working Design translations does hurt it's value a bit, I say a bit as Crusader of Centy's original cart and complete in box is very expensive to legally own. So ultimately you do get your moneys worth.

The game selection is really good, although I will say that it could be considered very niche in terms of titles. You have Truxton/Tatsujin, along with Hellfire in the US/EU version. Funny enough the US/EU version of the console gets more Genesis Games than CD Games than the Japanese version, as well as more Shooters. My real complaint regarding the lack of CD Games, Working Design translations aside, is we don't have something like Snatcher for example. 

I will say that among all the reviews I've seen, these are the only ones that don't laud it as the best thing ever. Although I do think the latter reviewer here is a bit harsh, it does make sense. But what is very clear, due to it's Amazon order exclusivity, is that this if for Hardcore Gamers and Collectors compared to the previous one. That, and due to a Semiconductor chip shortage that makes it a limited release. Though as of this post you can still order them.

https://segaretro.org/Mega_Drive_Mini_2

If you want to see what sort of games are on it, please look up this list here or my previous posts on it.

Lastly, I just to go over a brief moment regarding the new and unreleased games. If only to give you a more informed view on what you could play.

Spatter & Super Locomotive: These are two Early 80's Arcade games, ported over to the Genesis some 10 years ago by M2, for no real reason other than for practice and because they like these games. Just goes to show how much M2 loves games and why I hold them in high regard.  However, other than that, they are very simple games that probably won't hold your attention for much more than a few minutes at a time. Unless you really like some obscure early 80's games, I mean they're no Space Invaders or Pac-Man. I could see myself playing Spatter more, but otherwise these are okay games overall. Funny enough, M2 wanted to port these to their 3D Classics line, but were deemed too Niche to do so. Other than that, they are really good ports and deserve at least a brief look at.

Funny enough, the main character of Spatter looks a lot like a Chao, but is apparently a coincidence.

Star Mobile: A Sharp X68000 and PC-Engine CD game whose Mega Drive port was made in 1992, but never released until now. It's a nice puzzle game with an interesting concept as you balance stars on a scale of varied weight, with the goal of getting a certain number of stars on the scale each level. Crushing stars in-between the same color ones results in more Rests, which are how many stars you can drop, or destroy an incoming star that could land on the scale. It takes a bit to get used to, but it's pretty fun, albeit a bit difficult to wrap your head around. Much like it's original versions, it's still only a single player game that continues on seemingly forever.

It comes with an in-game tutorial and even a warning indicator for the first few levels to help you out, so that can alleviate some of the difficulty as you get used to it. Overall, it's a pretty fun puzzle game that I do find myself coming back to with it's relaxing music, constellation imagery, and well thought out design. But again, it's only a one player game, which is kinda sad as it could have been really cool to see how a two player mode could have worked. Had it come out, I think it would have only stayed in Japan, other than that it's worth checking out. If this version of the game doesn't get dumped for awhile, aside from getting the Mini 2, you could always try to emulate it's other versions as well.

Devi & Pii: This game was made as part of Takashi Iizuka's training when he first joined Sega before his involvement with Sonic 3, where your goal is to hit Devis with the side of your bottom paddle to free the angelic-like Piis. You also have a paddle above the screen that you can control with A & B at the same time as your bottom paddle. Your goal in later stages across 7 worlds is to collect more Piis to progress, followed by a Boss Fight at the end. This game does have Co-Op and a Versus mode, which is probably preferred as it is very tough to keep in mind of both paddles at once in far tougher levels. My main problem with the game is that hitting the Devis in the center of the paddle damages you and shrinks your screen, which is very bizzare to have that as a mechanic for a Breakout-Type game, dropping Devis also causes this. It's not a terrible game mind you, but it's just very odd and is clear that it was never meant to be released. Until M2 got word of it and managed to add it to the Mini 2, which for a novelty is pretty neat. Though, I don't see myself playing this title often.

Fantasy Zone: Once again, M2 is dedicated to keep porting Fantasy Zone until the Sun burns out, which is fine by me as I've grown to really like and appreciate this game and series. This is an excellent port with a number of options such as choosing between old and new version of the game, and how fast your Rapid Fire can be, or if you want to turn it off. You also have a Super Easy mode, which gives you a bunch of gold and hit points to get through the game, and a Time Attack mode as well. Also, if you hold B and start any of these modes, the music will change that to Space Harrier, a game that is connected with this series.

It's Fantasy Zone, it's a good arcade game and shooter, and it's Super Easy mode makes it far more accessible to others. Honestly, I think the game is classic and I can't recommend it enough for anyone to try it out.

VS Puyo Puyo Sun: A Port of the Arcade/Saturn/PS1 game for the Genesis, complete with voice acting from the original ports! While M2 originally wanted to include the Full Game ported, due to time constraints however they could only fit in the Versus and Practice Mode of the game instead. Which really sucks and is the only bad mark that this game has, because otherwise it's a great port. If you have a friend that likes to play puzzle games, or want to see how well M2 did I'd recommend checking it out, but I sincerely want to see M2 someday finish and release a Full Genesis Port of Puyo Puyo Sun one day.

Space Harrier I & II: Lastly, we have a two for one deal! Space Harrier II was one of the first Genesis games to be developed, but had the signs of an earlier title as it's scrolling was pretty rough as the hardware doesn't have any sort of Super Scalier technology like in the Arcade Original's hardware. Later titles could do scaling pretty well, which is the effect/illusion of 3D scrolling. Thanks to M2 though, not only does Space Harrier II has good sprite scaling, but it's gameplay runs smoother than ever! However, there is noticeable sprite flickering which could be a make it or break it moment for certain players.

Then we have a brand new port of the Original Space Harrier for the Genesis, which back in the day could only be duplicated well with the 32X! However, because M2 are a collective of avid gamers, they managed to pull it off here and pretty well. It does however only run at half the framerate of the Arcade Original, and again does suffer with Sprite Flickering as well. It does contain the same options as SHII, along with a possible solution to the sprite flickering.

If you hold right (or left, I'm not sure which in this case due to conflicting reports) as you select the options, you gain access to a Deflicker Mode, which features two options that offers possible solutions where it'll cut down on the sprite flicker, though not completely. Possibly due to running under the limitations of the Genesis hardware.

Aside from these flaws, they aren't a game breaker for me personally, and I find these ports really fun! They're Space Harrier, and you can't really go wrong with the Arcade Hit. Oh, and for Space Harrier I, it's final boss is from the Master System version of the game Which was also ported to the Sega Ages version of Space Harrier, because M2 are Extra like that.

So yeah, really fun and worth checking out. You get a arguably better version of Space Harrier II, plus a new port of Space Harrier as an added bonus.

I'm conflicted about the Mini 2, it's a pretty good collectors item, though missing titles aside and no English versions of the Lunar games and Popful Mail make me think that this Mini was originally only going to be in Japan, yet sometime later was announced to have an US, then later an EU version as well. It's got a lot going for it and I really do like the selection of titles (though I'm not sure why Clay Fighter 1 is one here, let alone not choosing it's Tournament Edition). It doesn't have the general variety of the Mini 1, nor does it have a TON of Rare Games like the TG-16/PC-Engine Mini. But it does really have a lot going for it. Not to mention some games have a few extra versions, such as Truxton with a more accurate Arcade Soundtrack, or an Easy Version of Phantasy Star II. Of course you do have all regional versions to go by as well.

If you are a huge Sega Fan and love more obscure, niche titles and hidden gems than get it whenever you can. :)