Sonic Forces

5 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Let him localize a game first.

I do think he would do better with a game than a comic

I agree, if he were to be hired to localize a few games and do a good enough job, then writing for a game and seeing where it goes is alright so long as he doesn't go overboard and tether ALL the villains to eggman again. (poorly redesigned and tethered twice witchcart, her minions, and the Battle Kukku Empire were poor choices last time that still burns me up)

15 hours ago, F07E said:

I agree, if he were to be hired to localize a few games and do a good enough job, then writing for a game and seeing where it goes is alright so long as he doesn't go overboard and tether ALL the villains to eggman again. (poorly redesigned and tethered twice witchcart, her minions, and the Battle Kukku Empire were poor choices last time that still burns me up)

Take a look at the "What would you do differently Archie edition" for what I would do for the Eggman's Dozen.

You can have them tied to Eggman... but are they loyal is the question?

5 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Take a look at the "What would you do differently Archie edition" for what I would do for the Eggman's Dozen.

You can have them tied to Eggman... but are they loyal is the question?

I agree whole heartedly with the points you made there. 

my only issue was with those two characters in particular, as they were missed opportunities to diversify the cast of antagonists.

Knock knock, it's NO USE!

Knuckles and Silver find themselves against an old enemy in a strange situation... What could Silver have possibly come to the past about? Whatever it is, Knuckles is on top of it! This is SONIC FORCES: STRESS TEST

14 hours ago, Polkadi said:

For a forum about the fastest thing alive, we sure can be slow on the news... :/

We've kinda had a "If you see it, post it" kinda mentality when it comes to drops like that (plus I'm almost always at work when it does drop) but yes we do need to post news like this a lot faster than we currently do.

When it comes to the big stuff like the IDW Sonic Town Hall, @TheRedStranger expects me to be on top of it... or else.

1 hour ago, Polkadi said:

Knock knock, it's NO USE!

Knuckles and Silver find themselves against an old enemy in a strange situation... What could Silver have possibly come to the past about? Whatever it is, Knuckles is on top of it! This is SONIC FORCES: STRESS TEST

I honestly like how they had Silver done in this. I always felt that he never got a decent chance and this kinda gives him a good re-start.

Now already in English! XP

1 minute ago, Wulfsbane said:

I'm sure the English translation will come out by Monday.

Curious they release the Japan one first, it's not gonna sell as well as it would in the US/UK/AU/EU

Maybe they're trying to finally make Sonic into more of a thing in Japan? I mean it's kind of late to do that but alright then.

1 hour ago, Mike Arcade said:

Maybe they're trying to finally make Sonic into more of a thing in Japan? I mean it's kind of late to do that but alright then.

Sonic Forces is the type of Sonic game that appeals to the Japanese audience. And they're eating it up so far.

Therefore, they're gonna market quite heavily to them.

NOW, MUSIC TIME!

not gonna lie, the heavy promotion in japan is making me very unsure about this game thanks to how its reminding me too much of 06, which always struck me as a game trying to cut into that market at the cost of it's longstanding fans (like halo 5 and fallout 4). either that, or they know it's not gonna do as well with western audiences since Mania blew everyone out of the water already.

though it's a bit relieving that blaze will NOT be in it (if aaron webber isnt being told to do that deny=surprise nonsense), she really needs a game set in her own world and on her own (*cough*notpointlesslytiedtosilverfornologicalreasonotherthantomakehimlookbetterorappeaseshippers*cough*) with an actually well designed villain to contend against. maybe that's what her absence means, who knows?

11 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

I mean, Silver makes sense cause he's from the future.

Blaze is technically from a different dimension

She is from another dimension/world, they kinda shot themselves in the foot in hindsight with her appearing in the main games because of that. I don't mind she's from a different world but that doesn't leave a lot of opportunities for her to appear.

Do you have a Nintendo Switch? Switch to the Japanese store, because guess what!

SONIC FORCES JPN DEMO IS ON THE NINTENDO SWITCH

Featuring playable Modern Green Hill, Classic Boss, and Avatar Space Port.

And a one minute limit on each stage, annoyingly.

7 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

So far what do you all feel about the art work?

Artwork as in the comics or the concept art? For the comics, it's not bad, and a breath of fresh air after years of Yardlys work. 

7 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Well, we're all rather tight knit.

Yes, but that means we have the opposite problem. Need a few more people on the forums, after all. 

I got that impression from comments on youtube as unreliable as they can be (I also found them frustrating as it seemed most were 3D fans from the Sa2B/X Era chasing their white whale known as Sa3). Still gonna wait for its release to pass judgement, if it's good i'll get it, if not, than I won't, simple as that.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:21 PM, Polkadi said:

Sonic Forces also is not having review copies sent out, take that as you will. I'll post sources later...

Turns out there will be a day 1 update that optimizes and balances out some things.

Think that's the reason why Sega wont send out review copies. Yooka-Layle had an issue where it was buggy/glitchy before it's release and it got panned cause of it and reviewers wouldnt adjust

2 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

Turns out there will be a day 1 update that optimizes and balances out some things.

Think that's the reason why Sega wont send out review copies. Yooka-Layle had an issue where it was buggy/glitchy before it's release and it got panned cause of it and reviewers wouldnt adjust

SEGA has confirmed that this is indeed the case.

Though, that's rather curious, as Famitsu got their hands on the game. They gave Forces a 35/40 (9/9/9/8), which is actually higher than their score for Mania (that being 32/40).

The patch notes for the day 1 update is also very... Curious. Turns out the base game was missing something you'd think it wouldn't miss, but I won't spoil.