I've seen this on many forums, not just Sonic based ones either.

Basically, let us know the story behind you handle.

Since I started the topic, I'll go first.

Prince By-Tor is one of the main characters in a song by the band Rush, (By-Tor and the Snow Dog), who is one of my favourite bands of all time. The song is quite epic and awesome and I thought it would be perfect to use.

Interesting origin for your name. Mine is a bit more...simple. It's basically a combination of the two main characters in my stories, the hero and the villain; Traveller and War Master, respectively.

Mine is my Bionicle character. Originally, I used a different one, but after playing as Arcan in a Bonkle D&D reskin, I used a DA premium to change my handle to his, and it's been my choice for new accounts since.

because ipwntehnoobs sounds like garbage, and was more or less a very self-parody of DA when I joined as all my usual's from back in the day were taken. my old ESO account was taken, my 4 runescape accounts: taken. I think the one I have now originated either from my rando default XBLA account or my brothers, it sounded better so I used it.

My very first username was revilnemesis as I was a big fan of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis at the time, oddly enough I don't think I ever got past the intro and I don't know why, after a few years and a planned podcast with some RL friends that never materialized but it might soon, I became just Nemesis.

I don't know where the Mr part came from though. I think I just liked the sound of it.

I collect a ton a of movies on video tapes. When I made my Youtube channel, I wanted to use thr name ElectronicInsanity and it was taken. Taking into account the fact that I recently bought a new VCR, I made the name ILOVEVHS.

• Like 1

Rick Tyger is a character I've been in a number of dreams, dating back to the mid-1980s. "Rick" comes from the second half of my real first name. "Tyger" comes from the last name of my birth parents (I'm adopted). I've always imagined Rick's voice actor to be Chuck Norris.

• Like 1

We've got a topic dedicated to the usernames. But my curiosity makes me wonder: "What about the avatars?" I know that some will want to stick to a specific avatar, while others may change theirs from time to time. I just though that it may be interesting if anyone has anything to say about their avatar.

Mine is quite simply a cropped image of one of my dogs' eyes. She has these lovely yellow eyes and I figured that it would be nice to show one of them off properly. My dogs have gotten me through some bad times and are closer to me than the rest of my family. They were strays who decided they wanted to come live with me. I don't know their pasts, breeds, etc., but that doesn't really matter. They're healthy and happy and understanding and all around good dogs. That's what matters. So, there's the story behind my avatar. Now you know what it means to me. B|

• Like 1

My dog is a Huskey, so her's are a bright sky-blue. 

___

VHS's perfectly defines his retro shiek.

____

Mine is actually a digital painting of EoT Sonic from my time at FUS. I painted this three years ago. This was meant to be a depiction of him in Season two (technically my season four of Satam). It's a pretty cool continuation story and has thousands of pages of material and large writing team nowadays. We will start posting stuff about it soon. 

I actually have have a picture of super Sonic I did as well.

1 hour ago, F07E said:

Mines a drawing of a ghost from fallout new vegas, I liked it and never finished the body so i just said "why not?" and its stuck since.

I actually thought it was Vector from Resident Evil (not the crocodile from Sonic mind you. :P)

My friend Stranger here altered a DA Picture of STC featuring that incarnation of Super Sonic, added in some nice visual effects and made it into my Avatar. :)

That was about a year or 2 ago I believe, I even have a Christmas one featuring this Super Sonic as well. I like to call him the Psycho Super Sonic.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mr Nemesis said:

My very first Pokemon was a Cyndaquil and the image is freaking adorable.

My first was a charmander (because I am an old man XP.) I always picked Cyndaquil though as my starter in the Gold/Silver/Platinum games.

Nothing wrong with starting out with fire. May be the inspiration for why most Skyrim characters start out with a fire spell... In many games, Burn Damage can turn the tide of battle against evenly matched opponents. Firestorm is still my favorite Skyrim spell. It's like having a Predator Self Destruct mechanism without the part where you're the one who dies.

Edited by Rick Tyger
fixed typos

Well, I guess it's my turn.  Most of you probably recognize the image as the first scene in Satam's introduction.  The file I used, however, was a gif I made of the scene and have uploaded on my DA account.  I made a couple of gifs from Satam: it was my first attempt to try something artistic for the community.

• 6 months later...

changed mine to a doodle of an ODST from halo a couple of years ago, drew it before halo 4 came out (and slapped everyone in the face with 343's desire to not be halo) and took a picture on my old phone, which I finally got working long enough to salvage copies of the pictures from the internal memory a while back.

I just sort of drew mine too. I guess 'cause I needed one and the old Traveller design was now unused, so I drew Lowell. It was HE that was supposed to be my main OC, with "Master" starting out as a self-insert. Now Traveller (or rather, The Traveller) is the main hero and Lowell's just sort of in the background. Sad face.

Mine is a depiction of my oldest Mobian fursona. My friend T2 once drew a very nice version of her which I used as an avatar pic for years on other forums, but now I use a pic I drew myself. The "poop gun" she's holding is a running gag.