I was made aware that we didn't have this topic, which is odd I thought we already had it.

Well this is where we can all talk about our Sonic Collectibles and Merch, even stuff that hasn't come out yet. So what do you guys have and what's coming out everyone, let's see them here.

Well first thing's first, TOMY sucks when it comes to Sonic merch. Like, in every possible fashion.

Secondly, I'll repost the link I put up on the temp-chat: https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/06/first4figures-25th-anniversary-classic-sonic-statue-revealed/

So yeah, the Classic Sonic statue got changed and this is the final version that's going to be on sale soon. And I feel that this one will be...important. Like, they say if this one doesn't sell, no others will get made. I don't know if that's SEGA losing faith in this venture or if the statue company itself wants to jettison it. Hard to tell.

2 hours ago, TheRedStranger said:

What do you think is missing in Sonic memorabilia and what would you do to change it? 

Decent Sonic soft toys. I would rip the licence from TONY, give it back to GE, then give the licence to a company who doesn't outsource their production to the nearest sweatshop. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://shop.sega.com/collections/sonic-the-hedgehog

So for those who want Sonic and Sega merch here's the site for it, at least probably regarding the US. Not bad really I mean I like some of the clothing options being pretty cool. On a side note I'd want the stuff for Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, and Shinobi I'm surprised there's merch and shirts for them, I want them all. xD

I'll say this regarding their Toys, I've heard they aren't great even though Takara Tomy does them. I mean I've heard they're quite low grade which begs the question, why? I mean really Sonic could be quite marketable using not just the core cast of the games or Boom. Heck years ago in the 90s Bandai did some really cool stuff with Megaman, X, and Legends Models you can piece together. I don't know why something like that hasn't been done yet for Sonic, granted the whole cast isn't comprised of robots but with the Avatar of Forces now established I'd say now the time is right for something that nutty. You could like combine parts to make monstrosities. Heck having the Badniks and other Robots and Creatures would be even better, I'd personally love to collect an E-Series Series set with a few customs or see what they could do with Badniks and Metal Sonic.

I mean look Sega really needs to get someone regarding their marketing and merch department to get some really good stuff rolling, especially if they could get stuff outside of the games like the Freedom Fighters and other Show and Comic Characters. Seriously if they could untie that snafu with them and royalties n' such everyone could hit a possible goldmine like TMNT did back in the day if they reestablish things just right. I mean from a business standpoint that just seems obvious as there IS a market out there, don't say there isn't either I've seen models of SHMUP ships for sale and made, really if such a niche genre in gaming can get toy models you can build I think Sonic can too.

I've mentioned this before, but I am baffled as to why SEGA doesn't capitalise on the love of other characters by making toys and the like based on them. It's a common joke that Sonic characters are only added to the franchise to sell more toys of more characters. Clearly, those that tell the sort of joke don't understand the Sonic merch scenario at-hand and that a lot of us are praying for characters other than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles (maybe Amy if you're lucky and Shadow if you're REALLY lucky). As the old saying goes, there is no Perfect Pasta Sauce. Only Perfect Pasta Sauces.

Perhaps SEGA just sees too much risk in making toys of other characters? I mean guess that makes sense, seeing as people see most of the characters other than Sonic to be of lacking use (in the games, at least), even though one could argue that was SEGA's fault in some ways but I'm not going into that now. So making toys of characters people might not like is a bit of a risk, and considering SEGA takes to risk like a Levantine Assassin takes to a swimming pool it's not surprising that characters based on others like Shade, Chip or other forms of Metal just don't exist outside of fan projects. They should at least attempt it, though. Like, imagine if they had a system in place where you could send in images of your OC and they make a plush toy out of it. Imagine just how lucrative of a business that would be.