• 6 months later...

So, Pokemon has had some big trailers lately with their new, albeit Ridiculous Motocycle Legendary Pokemon. Aside from that, their new gimmick gives your Roosters Crystalline Forms that'll change your Types. Gotta be honest, it's probably the best gameplay gimmick since Mega Evolutions. I mean, it's better than the Nuke Attacks of Z-Moves, and whatever Gigantimax was suppose to be. From some leaks I've heard, it's gonna be a really cool game with some more variants and such. Still, kinda feels like Gen 8 was a beta for Gen 9 in hindsight.

Digimon is making another great comeback with this game, part Mon RPG, part Visual Novel, as in if you screw up some main characters can actually bite it. No kidding! It seems like your playing a Digimon Anime Series, one of the good ones I mean. I'd like to check it out someday as there are things about Digimon I always liked more so than Pokemon.

...you know, I really did think that Monster Rancher was gonna make a comeback. I just didn't expect it to not only be a crossover with Ultraman, but it's ALSO coming out to the West! The creators of Ultraman really were serious about that Western push huh? Gotta say, game looks like the best parts of Monster Rancher 1 & 2, with all the camp of Ultraman. Seems like a fun title, granted I'm not that big of an Ultraman fan and would have preferred say, a Godzilla/Toho Kaiju Monster Rancher game. Still, they're probably open to the possibility of such, and I hope this leads to an Official Monster Rancher DX follow up. Oh, and the 1 & 2 DX Release has NONE of Koei Tecmo's BS DLC Legion, so really check that one out. @MoKat Looks hilarious huh? XD

One of the first, major Monster RPGs from Indie Devs, Temtem left Early Access and has hit 1.0, it's also come out on Consoles like the Switch! They've really come a long way, and if you want to see how Indie Developers make their own Mon RPG than here's one to try out. Multiplayer Included!

Now, just to cover all my bases here is Coromon, and Single Player Monster RPG that's been in development for awhile that's been out for a bit. It looks really good, and uses some excellent Pixel Art. So if you are looking for something else from an Indie Dev that's more in line with the GBA and DS games then this one will be it for you. Not much else to say as it's just a really solid game. Though I do have my own criticism with Monsters only having One Elemental Type, similar to the two Nexomon Games. But this one feels far more solid and was built for Consoles and PC in mind. So I can comfortably recommend it. They're planning out a sequel too, so who knows what the future holds for this possible series.

Just wanted to cover everything that I know of in this niche little subgenre, and from what I've heard with other indie devs out there making their own, along with others that are already out like Monster Crown which I haven't covered, this plenty to explore and see. Just don't try to Catch them All. XP 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike Arcade said:

I just didn't expect it to not only be a crossover with Ultraman, but it's ALSO coming out to the West! The creators of Ultraman really were serious about that Western push huh?

This is a pretty big indication that they are ;)

3 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

Gotta say, game looks like the best parts of Monster Rancher 1 & 2, with all the camp of Ultraman. Seems like a fun title,

Yeah, and we need more fun titles. Not a big Ultraman fan either, but it does look like it would be fun.

4 minutes ago, Mike Arcade said:

@MoKat Looks hilarious huh? XD

Yeah 😄

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

21 Most Annoying Pokémon to Evolve

Several posters dropped tips for Farfetch'd:

So, Farfetch can learn night slash through breeding and a level 1 Farfetch with night slash going up against a ghost type while holding a leek can do this task easily and greatly shortens the time this takes.

Just wanted to point out for farfetch’d, air cutter is a high crit chance move that it learns at 25. So give it a leek and air cutter is a guaranteed crit

For people wanting to evolve Farfetch'd, just find a Metapod in the wild area, and use fury cutter Edit: With leek