• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

NEWS... sort of.

E0eL5rfWEAIiln3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E0ePomHXEAcgJtC?format=jpg&name=large

So by the looks of it we wont be getting any new games in 2021. Trailers are still plausible.

Honestly, given how badly covid had hit Japan, this does not surprise me one bit. I know last year they were supposed to talk about and announce stuff every month but after the first lockdown started that quickly went away. A lot of stuff probably got derailed and some of the developers might not have had the ample infrastructure or support to effectively work from home. Given that Japan is currently on lockdown number 4 a lot of stuff got pushed back even further. Several other major games has been delayed in the past year too because of this, both abroad and domestic. Add to the fact several major anime studios have announced that the next seasons for their shows will likely come out much later than anticipated probably gives credence to this.

Unfortunate, but given the circumstances in the last year plus, it doesn't surprise me. Disappointing but I get it

• Thanks 1
  • Lore-Respect. 1

At this rate, despite several rumors that have been said over the past few months, I'm not expecting anything until next year.

Just seems to be the most likely scenario to see what next year holds, but with the 2nd movie it should only bring further interest in the series. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sonic Colors: Ultimate will be arriving for Nintendo Switch on September 7th, 2021.

Press release [comicbook.com].

As expected of an upgraded re-release, Sonic Colors: Ultimate will include enhanced visuals and graphics, better controls, and what Sega describes simply as "many more gameplay upgrades." Additionally, Sonic Colors: Ultimate will be playable on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility. There is one entirely new gameplay mode that's been added to Sonic Colors: Ultimate, however. "Rival Rush" sees Sonic race against Metal Sonic in order to unlock various rewards.

As noted above, Sonic Colors: Ultimate is set to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via the Epic Games Store on September 7th.

Promo video:

And more news from SEGA News Bits....

I'm all for having the remaster of Colors, although I am curious if we'll get the DS Wisps. I keep seeing the Jade Wisp in promo art though, so it's possible that will be a new power up in the game.

Also, if any of you have a PS4 and Playstation Plus account, you can get the new re-release of Virtua Fighter 5 for Free! Get it if you can.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
14 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

I filled it out, certainly was interested as to why when I got the question with "What Visual Media have you seen?" Question arose, that AoSTH and SatAM was noticeably absent. Sonic Underground wasn't, funny enough.

The OVA and Mania Adventures too.

I believe Sega already knows those 4 were popular, so they're trying to see if people have seen the others too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

First in this series they’re doing where Tails shows various Sega Sonic characters questions asked by the fans. Much like previous Twitter Takeovers.

Two, MAJOR things to note. Sonic says a particular SatAM phrase, and it looks like they’re backpedaling on the Two Worlds Concept.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The language Tails uses when describing human and Mobian settlements is particularly odd in my opinion. It feels like it was written strangely or there's some odd human/Mobian tension in there.

Also "two worlds" was always gonna get retconned at some point. It was just a matter of when. Still surprised they went with it in the first place

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 10:25 PM, Wulfsbane said:

The language Tails uses when describing human and Mobian settlements is particularly odd in my opinion. It feels like it was written strangely or there's some odd human/Mobian tension in there.

Also "two worlds" was always gonna get retconned at some point. It was just a matter of when. Still surprised they went with it in the first place

It could be because that line was possibly put in haphazardly, as in they wanted to make up their mind on how to take it from there on. Best thing about it is that Two Worlds is retconned back to how it originally was. Other than some Sonic Forces plot holes here and there, it turned out well enough.

...although you do bring up a very good point. So the Humans get the continents and Mobians get to live on Islands and Archipelagoes? Granted, I don't mind that at all regarding the games, but if they actually do something with that (extremely unlikely), it would be really cool to see.

@TheRedStranger Any thoughts on this? 

12 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Best thing about it is that Two Worlds is retconned back to how it originally was. Other than some Sonic Forces plot holes here and there, it turned out well enough.

I'm inclined to agree with you there, Mike.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:13 PM, Mike Arcade said:

It could be because that line was possibly put in haphazardly, as in they wanted to make up their mind on how to take it from there on. Best thing about it is that Two Worlds is retconned back to how it originally was. Other than some Sonic Forces plot holes here and there, it turned out well enough.

...although you do bring up a very good point. So the Humans get the continents and Mobians get to live on Islands and Archipelagoes? Granted, I don't mind that at all regarding the games, but if they actually do something with that (extremely unlikely), it would be really cool to see.

@TheRedStranger Any thoughts on this? 

From a world-building stand point? 

You probably won’t like my opinion in that regard…

• 4 months later...

https://shmuplations.com/sonicheroes/

An English translation of an interview from back in 2004 regarding Sonic Heroes has been put up just recently, with Iizuka giving the interviewer a bit of what went on during that time. Or at least, an optimistic view at the time.

I will say though, there’s some stuff here that I did not like at all.

@TheRedStranger @MoKat @Wulfsbane @WarTraveller @ByTor, Prince of Ro’den

Iizuka: Every game developer knows how the tastes of American players are very different from the Japanese, but when you actually live overseas, you come to understand that in a deeper, more direct way. I am sure that ends up being reflected in the way we make these games too.

I can see the logic in that.

Interesting interview there; thanks for sharing, Mike

—Learning English through Sonic, I'm jealous. (laughs) So the anime has finally come to America too, then.

Iizuka: It's aired on this children's TV programming block called FoxBox. It seems to be getting rave reviews. I hear it's the most popular of the Saturday morning cartoon block, which includes "Kirby: Right Back at Ya" and "Shaman King". When I see it, I can feel how it's creating a new generation of Sonic fans in the American market.

Heh, I'm not a fan of Sonic X :P

We thought it would be fun if the characters worked together and acted in tandem. Up to now the action has mostly all been solo, with other characters only emerging when the story advances. This time we wanted to see if we could make a game where all the characters are together from start to finish. That was one of our first ideas.

^This explains a few things about Sonic Heroes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MoKat said:

Heh, I'm not a fan of Sonic X

Me neither, and that is my generation. I came back to the fandom because of Satam. Heroes pulled me out and Shadow The Hedgehog. I wanted adventure and plot, not sugar or edge, as a I got older like with those those respective over-correcting titles. Out of that "tangled mess" of Sonic material he wished to normalize into one tapioca narrative, Satam was the core of identity of what Sonic can be. And he tossed it, ironically, that lead Sonic to be just what he criticized, tonally, a "tanlged mess" until the Modern era. Werehogs and kissing human's anyone? XD As much as I love all Sonic more than I did years back, I just can't depart from the truth that Satam Sonic is more Sonic than any other iteration.  Though I have high hopes for the postmodern era, the Paramount movies understands Sonic more than Sonic Team does.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...