Jump to content

My Sonic, Welcome to the Machine AMV


Recommended Posts

This song is such a fitting for Robotnik and Satam in general. This song drips with lyrical meaning pertaining to industrialization and the potential for dehumanization due to modernity. It's great to see it in a fitting animated context. It rekindles my love for the song. Tonally these two aspects fit together like peanut butter and jelly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Prince By-Tor said:

Thanks.

I don't know wot it is, but to me this is cringe worthy; I'm usually that way though with my old work. I see many places where other scenes could've worked a lot better and the interlacing... ugh; it hurts my eyes. I might have to redo this one eventually.

I get self-concious about my old work too. Many artists do. There is this hilarious story where comic book great Alex Ross actually had journalist come to his house while he was rummaging through old stuff from his childhood in storage. The journalist found these little figurines of superheroes Ross cobbled together when he was five. Ross was livid about their shoddy craftsmanship. The journalist was fascinated. Artists connect to their works on a different level than those who get to see their prior works. We see the craftsmanship of older works for their craftsmanship rather than the ideas they evoked. We are mostly occupied with the messages as they are now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2016 at 7:31 PM, TheRedStranger said:

I get self-concious about my old work too. Many artists do. There is this hilarious story where comic book great Alex Ross actually had journalist come to his house while he was rummaging through old stuff from his childhood in storage. The journalist found these little figurines of superheroes Ross cobbled together when he was five. Ross was livid about their shoddy craftsmanship. The journalist was fascinated. Artists connect to their works on a different level than those who get to see their prior works. We see the craftsmanship of older works for their craftsmanship rather than the ideas they evoked. We are mostly occupied with the messages as they are now.

I doubt artists are the only ones who are self-concious about their work.  I tend to have that problem just when it comes to ideas and stories: I could spend an entire month planning an "epic" storyline in my head but then bash it down as believing it's not good enough for anyone to enjoy and that I am just being too proud about my ideas.  Hence to say, I tend to not share my stories or ideas to many people unless I can gain their trust.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ishapar said:

I doubt artists are the only ones who are self-concious about their work.  I tend to have that problem just when it comes to ideas and stories: I could spend an entire month planning an "epic" storyline in my head but then bash it down as believing it's not good enough for anyone to enjoy and that I am just being too proud about my ideas.  Hence to say, I tend to not share my stories or ideas to many people unless I can gain their trust.

  Understandable. Ans yes, you are an artist too by the way. Writing is an art. ;)

Art is a transformative process and there is always a need to redraft and re-sketch and reconceptualize. Feedback is vital for that process, so don't snuff out that light. This whole place is about finding those people you can trust to become a stronger artist. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feedback is nice, but it has to come from the right people.  One reason I have trouble with giving out ideas is because where I live, well...not a lot of interest.  Most people in my region are only interested in hunting, fishing, sports, or politics.  Not very exciting and not very engaging when it comes to talking about stories that seem weird to their point of view.

I wouldn't consider myself an artist as I really have not done much writing outside of college papers and some poems.  It's one thing to have a story being formed in the head: it's another to start taking the steps of planning and writing.  But I get your point there;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ishapar said:

Feedback is nice, but it has to come from the right people.  One reason I have trouble with giving out ideas is because where I live, well...not a lot of interest.  Most people in my region are only interested in hunting, fishing, sports, or politics.  Not very exciting and not very engaging when it comes to talking about stories that seem weird to their point of view.

I wouldn't consider myself an artist as I really have not done much writing outside of college papers and some poems.  It's one thing to have a story being formed in the head: it's another to start taking the steps of planning and writing.  But I get your point there;)

With all that said - I think you are just in the right place, Ish. 

If you want to take that moniker in full - we're here to hell and give feedback every step of the way. :) 

Also, I am making a place for Essays in the academic section soon. Also, you can post Poetry in our apt non-sonic section. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to AMVs, I never understood where people get the movie/tv clips to make the video.  Is there a program you use to copy segments from dvds to use in the video or is there an easier way that I am overlooking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...