SCP, RPC, and other Collective Internet Fiction Trends.

Mike Arcade

http://www.scp-wiki.net/

A thread for everyone's favorite agency that may or may not exist, SCP is a site, story, and world where a secret agency secures supernatural anything (be that objects, animals, locations, or people) and finds a way to contain it so that we can be protected from what effects it could cause to our society from pretty much nothing too odd to an end of the world scenario. These are the files of SCP.

Now if you excuse me I probably have to go into hiding, @TheRedStranger if the site gets shut down now I'm sorry but they needed to know the truth. Gotta go hear knocking at the door...

——

Addendum from 0-4 On-site Director, code named The Red Stranger:

This thread has been expanded to include any and all off shoots of SCP and the collective fiction trend. This is an currently highly adaptive and expansive phenomena not relegated by just the instance of the  SCP foundation. We may see various off shoots in the following years, as well as new collective fiction Universes/Metaverses in the coming years. 
Any discussion of the internal politics between RPC and SCP or future sites are strictly prohibited, and must be relegated to the Academic Thread only, where clearance of such is required. This will only discuss universe content. 

Thank you,

Site Director.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/18/2020 at 8:57 PM, TheRedStranger said:

@Mike Arcade Favorite SCP?

There are a lot of favorites of mine. I do like the classics like the Plague Doctor, Old Man, SCP-999, and yes I do like SCP-137. I know you don't care much for The Statue but come on it's a classic. XP

I can't exactly name all of my favorites (or Numbers for that matter), but one particular favorite of mine is the 001 proposal When Day Breaks. Really creepy end of the world scenario that doesn't just feel like a boring zombie trope. Also it's similar to how I think the Zombots should have been handled.

The one up in the 5000s called EVEREST is really neat, feels like an older SCP. A more recent one I like is Negaseattle, which is kinda like the Les Enfune Terrible project of MGS fame, except it actually has a rather optimistic ending for such a concept.

I'm gonna have to start posting more SCPs (and posts in general), but you guys gotta check out SCP-5126. I won't tell you the context of it, other than it's hilarious. XD

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, Mike Arcade said:

I can't exactly name all of my favorites (or Numbers for that matter), but one particular favorite of mine is the 001 proposal When Day Breaks. Really creepy end of the world scenario that doesn't just feel like a boring zombie trope. Also it's similar to how I think the Zombots should have been handle

Ooooh. Give me a proposal on this for the WWYDD thread on IDW. @WarTraveller will really like this pitch.

I’ll check out 5000.

@MoKatYou ever look into SCP’s?

@KlayaThePitbull What’s the kids favorite one? Rye tells me he loves 

@Nagol - LP any SCP yet? Got a favorite?

——

I would love to actually have the seven chaos emeralds have unique weird properties like SCP’s. If you had to take ideas from them to apply to the emeralds, what would they be?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As for me I am a fan of SCP-682 (the unkillable reptile), 049(The plague doctor), 999 (The tickle monster), 4217 (Bismarck), 294 (The coffee machine), The infinite IKEA, 3288 (the aristocrats) and counting. 

some of them I can see a ton of stories alone. 

@Nagol I have thought of creating an SCP for the wiki or at least have a few notes:

designation SCP-[redacted] Aka the red ledger.

class: EUCLID 

Subject is a leather bound ledger book written in red ink later tested to be found to be blood from several different subjects. The ledger is written in different languages with each section Russian, Italian, German, Spanish, Arabic Etc. it seems the ledger details the lives of dictators within the twentieth century post-wwi. People unfortunate to read the ledger take on the mannerisms, characteristics and outfits of many former dictators from Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini, Saddam, Etc. These Changes will begin to manifest in two weeks and victims slowly became instances of SCP-[redacted]-1. Instances act like former dictators for three months. But at the end of the third month they display heightened anxiety, narcissism and delusions Grandeur and within a day they die in the same manner of whatever dictator these instances manifest themselves from SCP-[Redacted]

Edited by Akessel92
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Akessel92 said:

As for me I am a fan of SCP-682 (the unkillable reptile), 049(The plague doctor), 999 (The tickle monster), 4217 (Bismarck), 294 (The coffee machine), The infinite IKEA, 3288 (the aristocrats) and counting. 

@Nagol I have thought of creating an SCP for the wiki or at least have a few notes:

Subject is a leather bound ledger book written in red ink later tested to be found to be blood from several different subjects. The ledger is written in different languages with each section Russian, Italian, German, Spanish, Arabic Etc. it seems the ledger details the lives of dictators within the twentieth century post-wwi. People unfortunate to read the ledger take on the mannerisms, characteristics and outfits of many former dictators from Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini, Saddam, Etc. These Changes will begin to manifest in two weeks and victims slowly became instances of SCP-[redacted]-1. Instances act like former dictators for three months. But at the end of the third month they display heightened anxiety, narcissism and delusions Grandeur and within a day they die in the same manner of whatever dictator these instances manifest themselves from SCP-[Redacted]

I think this one could be made into something pretty interesting with a little more fleshing out. 

I have an idea for one that is a self-help book that gives you exact personal advice on how to accomplish a life goal, but it always ends with unexpected results or the loss of skills. The more huburistic the person and salacious the desire, the more sleazy the self-help and lowbrow the book becomes on the cover, and the more of a fiasco it creates. The irony is the more limited in scope of advice sought the happier the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akessel92 said:

That is a really interesting idea for an SCP. I had a similar idea once but it was a copy of mein kamf and it only turned people into Nazis. One idea I had was that it turned everyone into a Nazi except Jews. So maybe with your book idea instead it turns anyone into a full believer into whatever political affiliation they are under and one of the people infected becomes the leader (Stalin, Hitler, or Ghandi :D) Its a neat idea and i think if you worked on it they would probably except it into the SCP foundation. 

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-106-j

@Nagol@Akessel92@WarTraveller@Wulfsbane@Mike Arcade

The Old Man's cooler twin brother. I love the part where he's just hanging out in basement covered in vinegar and barbecue sauce. 🤣

I like the Joke SCP's the best. I really love Researcher James and all his hard work he does to protect humanity from the Butt Ghosts. I am glad SCP Foundation protects us civilians from getting our butts eaten by the Butt-Ghost. I would hate to become a ghost-butt. Beware the Butt-Ghost lest it eat your butt! XP

http://www.scpwiki.com/scp-789-j

Edited by IronCheeze
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • TheRedStranger changed the title to SCP, RPC, and other Collective Internet Fiction Trends.

Okay, here's a funny one

Item #: SCP-0002-J

Object Class: Euclid

Description: SCP-0002-J is a sapient flush toilet located in the high value containment division of Site-88. SCP-0002-J is capable of textual communication through any wirelessly capable device brought into its stall. The device utilized in this manner has a marked effect on the speed at which these communications are accomplished, with laptops allowing the highest volume of communication.

SCP-0002-J's continued sapience appears to be connected with regular use for its original purpose. When left unused for longer than a day, SCP-0002-J loses all anomalous properties until such a time as it is used again. SCP-0002-J, however, retains knowledge of events that occur in its immediate vicinity during such periods.

SCP-0002-J's anomalous properties were first discovered in March of 2016 by site director Dr. Phillip Foster whilst in use. At the time it was believed that SCP-0002-J's anomalous properties only manifested in the presence of cellular phones, but further testing indicated otherwise. Initial testing revealed the remainder of the object's anomalous properties.

And that's another good reason not to take your cellphone into the bathroom 😉

• 2 weeks later...

This is my favorite SCP, so far. It gives me goosebumps just how that skull turns you into a cannibalistic monster that still has his mind, and conscience. People stuck wearing the skull are so ravenous that they will even eat their own heart! 😱

I prefer the scary SCPs. Anyone have any favorite scary ones? I am pretty new to SCPs.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've wanted to post about this series for over the course of the year, and it's probably best to do so now as it seems as the Monument Mythos Series has apparently ended! It's from a film student who goes by Alex Kansas. It's about a different America whose history has been corrupted and marred by strange, anomalous occurrences, and how they may also effect our world as well...

It's a very strange sort of horror series, but not without a lot of cool details such as voice acting in multiple languages and pretty well done deep fakes. There was some concern from me if this was an Anti-America sort of horror series, but it never really turned out that way at all. It certainly leaves you with questions, and even ties together with another series Alex Kansas has as well. Makes me very curious what he'll do next, and if you guys have the time I suggest you give it a shot.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see this posted anywhere before, so I'm putting it here because it seems to be a pretty good primer on SCP. It's somewhat long though, but I guess it had to be in order to explain the Fondation, splitter groups, etc..

The SCP Iceberg Explained (COGNITOHAZARD) [Wendigoon ~52 min.]

BTW, has anybody heard about the one called "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"? I can't seem to find it. Hmm...

Is it related to SCP-2983?Hmmm...

*checks the Site-81 Community Cookbook*

*gets distracted*

I had no idea SCP-096 was such a good cook! O.O

And -never- ask SCP-173 where it got the "fudge" 🤮

Edited by MoKat
added a comment

• 1 month later...

Funneh and the rest of the KREW explore The Backrooms...

{Edit: Markiplier played it too (not embedding because of bad language), and somebody pointed out this:

The Monkey is basically a talking version of SCP 650. The mannequin that follows you everywhere and sporadically pops up.

Edited by MoKat
added a comment & link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since when was there a tank in the Backrooms?

Considering how high packet loss gets in war thunder, not a bit surprise a few Tiger II’s got stuck in the backrooms. After all, War Thunder is a very realistic military sim that models real life details very accurately… according to a a few of the players who promote the game.

The tank is known in different names in the backrooms like: "Entity Killer", "The Death's Sound", "Room breaker", "Devastator", "Beast" etc. The tank is one of the most powerful semi-sentient entity one can encounter in the backrooms. It possesses a good amount of armament and it can literally kill different kinds of entities. It is one of the most feared entity in the backrooms due to it's non-living state, loud noise and strength. However, it is a passive entity. Sometimes some tanks can be driven by other entities like smilers. If these fall on their hands and they get to learn to use it then it is most likely game over for you once you encounter it. Running won't help since it goes fast and destroys walls to reach you. Also it's humming noise will make you and other entities near you scared for life. The only way to acquire one of this from an entity is that by staying still in front. But you also have to dodge shells. When it will reach you, it won't squish you in an instant even thought the smiler or other entity is pushing buttons from the inside. It will ask you about your bravery. When you say that you aren't afraid of the tank or even using it, it will deem you worthy of riding it, thus, kicking the entity lurking in the inside outside. You can also find empty tanks but they won't be much merciful. They will try to kill you. But if you could dodge the attacks and show bravery like ordering it to stop or like "stand still soldier" or "Let me speak first, Where's your honour?", it will stop to hear you. Once you explain your dire situation in the backrooms and request it for assist, it will probably deem you worthy. But it is not so easy, as it doesn't work often. For this to work, you need to be brave, not stupid. The tank also can look at your life and heart to see what you were in the real world. If he claims that you are a p*ssy or c*nt or a simp with no honour and distrust, it will either neglect your request or straight up squish you. So catching a tank depends on your morality and yourself. The tank helps only those who are worthy of his assistance.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, MoKat said:

Since when was there a tank in the Backrooms?

Lot of weird stuff shows up in these internet trends, simply because there is no filter but time and collective reaction . There is no gatekeeper, so in the short term bad ideas get to float around a lot longer in the creative content like a bad flu bug. Good thing is that it filters out, and usually parody hilariously accelerates the process, almost like a weakened germ in a vaccine. So a creative idea on the internet that makes fun of itself basically acts like an inoculation against more stupidly silly ideas. It really helps you see what tone and feel the emergent material is really inclining  towards. It’s weird, unlike mass media creative content where it is more like building, and centrally planning, these new creative internet trends are more organic and more like farming and animal husbandry. You react to the crop and how it reacts to a very complex natural ecosystem. 

SCP had some really stupid concepts early in the making of the trend. For example Telekill was really overpowered and spammed against all telekinetic and telepathic SCP’s. Now it’s toxic to certain parts of people’s brains overtime, so there is good downsides to make it more like a Rock Paper Scissors conflict of what to use and when, or else something bad can happen. The parody’s and joke SCP’s thread really helped excellerate and proliferate critiques of such items, influencing them be deleted or reformed.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I'm sharing this because it's one of the few SCP stories that ended with no casualties or major damage; I enjoyed it anyway :;)

What If SCP-096 Was Put Inside SCP-914? [SCP Explained- Story & Animation]

SCP 096 is a Euclid Class anomaly also known as The Shy Guy.

SCP 914 is a Safe Class anomaly also known as The Clockworks.

SCP-096 is a humanoid creature measuring approximately 2.38 meters in height. Subject shows very little muscle mass, with preliminary analysis of body mass suggesting mild malnutrition. SCP096 is normally extremely docile, with pressure sensors inside its cell indicating it spends most of the day pacing by the eastern wall. However, when someone views SCP-096's face, whether it be directly, via video recording, or even a photograph, it will enter a stage of considerable emotional distress. SCP096 will cover its face with its hands and begin screaming, crying, and babbling incoherently. Approximately one (1) to two (2) minutes after the first viewing, SCP-096 will begin running to the person who viewed its face. SCP-914 is a large clockwork device weighing several tons and covering an area of eighteen square meters, consisting of screw drives, belts, pulleys, gears, springs and other clockwork. When an object is placed in the Intake Booth, a door slides shut, and a small bell sounds. If the knob is turned to any position and the key wound up, SCP914 will “refine” the object in the booth.