As a sort of sister thread to the Music-themed "What are you Listening to?" thread, this is where you share any odd, inspiring art that you may find across the interwebs and show it in front of everyone present, as well as showing why you think it may be inspiring. I'll start;

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/pgq8zk/typewriter-steampunk-machine-guns

Basically, an artist took a bunch of typewriters, disasembled them, and then reworked the parts into non-fuctional guns. It's a good message on how weapons could come from anywhere, how a gun is a machine like any other, and a good way to look at the beauty of a firearm while removing the lethal element. Some are even based off of actual designs, and indeed a few of them look pretty steampunk-y. well, more steampunk-y than most examples of steampunk weapon mods where people just paint NERF Maveriks brass-coloured and jam cogs overwhere...

Anyway, yes! Art! What inspiring art have you come across today?

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 12:32 PM, TheRedStranger said:

My experience in college as a painter and print maker in a nut shell. Pierre Stalin basically sums up everyone that was around me. 

Yeah...they were weird (and had just as bad language). Pierre Stalin is absolute loco crazy, just like them. I remember going to make pour paintings together with you and @Senior Bobbert. It was fun, except when those weirdos came around.  😁

___

Have you guys ever seen Kandinsky's paintings? He put musical tones into his painting with color, and he made patterns to look like the rhythms of certain songs. Here is one of his paintings. I like how it's not abstract all the way. You can kind of see buildings and a city inside. It looks like this song sounds.

Wassily Kandinsky: Painting "Heavy Red" (1924), Framed - ars mundi

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 3:02 PM, IronCheeze said:

Yeah...they were weird (and had just as bad language). Pierre Stalin is absolute loco crazy, just like them. I remember going to make pour paintings together with you and @Senior Bobbert. It was fun, except when those weirdos came around.  😁

___

Have you guys ever seen Kandinsky's paintings? He put musical tones into his painting with color, and he made patterns to look like the rhythms of certain songs. Here is one of his paintings. I like how it's not abstract all the way. You can kind of see buildings and a city inside. It looks like this song sounds.

Wassily Kandinsky: Painting "Heavy Red" (1924), Framed - ars mundi

Kandinsky is one of my favorite abstract artists because it was more about the musical experience coloring visual perception, rather than just dumbly splattering paint and screaming “ask me what it means!” 

If this is not inspiring, I don’t know what is:

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/lebanese-sculptor-creates-memorial-to-beirut-blast-out-of-twisted-metal-and-glass_3561135.html

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, TheRedStranger said:

Kandinsky is one of my favorite abstract artists because it was more about the musical experience coloring visual perception, rather than just dumbly splattering paint and screaming “ask me what it means!” 

If this is not inspiring, I don’t know what is:

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/lebanese-sculptor-creates-memorial-to-beirut-blast-out-of-twisted-metal-and-glass_3561135.html

It's terrible what happened in Beirut. But it's good that people can tragedy into something positive and hopeful. I think hope is an important part of art. The statue tells people that you can rebuild and heal no matter how broken things are. Even if we lost 204 people in that explosion, there is still life and hope.