Sonic Games You'd Like To See?

Hi everyone, figured I'd start a new topic regarding something so many of us have speculated during the down time when a new Sonic game hasn't come out in awhile. Lately, it seems that the gaps between game releases for the series grows more throughout the years (which makes me wonder if we should still celebrate Sonic 5 Year Milestones at this point).

In any case, how about we do a WWYDD sort of topic for this? What sort of Sonic Game would you like to see? Let's see how we can come up with some brainstorms and see what sort of Sonic game, be it mainline or spin off, what some of us would want. :)

For starters, this is something I've wanted for a long time, but I wanna see what you guys can come up with on this first. How would you like a Sonic Fighting Game and what would it be like?

21 hours ago, Wulfsbane said:

I just want to see a Shuffle remaster/remake

I'd like to see a new Party Game, only with actual mini games based off of the games. Granted I would like to see Illumina, Lumina, and Void back for it as they really didn't get a chance considering how rushed that game seemed to be, but still. 

On 11/6/2020 at 11:17 AM, WarTraveller said:

No joke, I made two rosters for a potential Sonic the Fighters 2. ...TWO of them. One based off of Injustice and one more of its own thing. I'll see if I can find at least some of 'em.

I remember those from years back! Those were really fun and creative, honestly I'm surprised I don't see lists like that often.

As for my idea on what a Sonic Fighter could be like, first off you gotta ask a question regarding it. What kind of Fighter is it going to be? Many people would assume it'd be a Platform Fighter (Smash Bros, Onimusha Blade Warriors, DreamTV Mix) as that would be an obvious choice. Although that would be nice, I doubt it would just be for Sonic Characters and be a SEGA & Sonic Series affair (I wanna play as Vectorman again XP). Another choice could be an Arena Fighter (Most DBZ and Naruto games), and would be an obvious choice for the series. But those games are niche, even for fighting game fans and would not be a great choice personally.

So what would my choice be for a Sonic Fighter? Obvious choice to me would be a traditional, fast pace fighter (Marvel vs. Capcom, Guilty Gear, Dragon Ball FighterZ). In fact there's a fan game called Sonic Smackdown that's a step in the right direction for what I have in mind, but the moves in that game are more blatantly based on MVC Characters. However how I'd go about this would be a bit different. For one, I'd make it a Team Based fighter much like the former and latter traditional fighters I mentioned. I guess you could call such a game Team Sonic Fighters. XP

I think Arc System Works would be great developers for such a fighter, considering how well they did with Dragon Ball FighterZ. However I would like to make some changes from the usual 2D based fighters in Japan. For one you'd have a Block Button, which is something you don't see in many 2D Fighters at all aside from Mortal Kombat and Injustice. This would not only appeal to a more Western Audience, but would also encourage more offensive play rather than holding back to block. The goal would be to make it a fast pace fighter to encourage more offensive gameplay. I think having a Parry feature much like SFIII using the block button would also encourage that as well. Attacks would go from Weak, Medium, and Heavy buttons, while the 5th and 6th buttons would be for assists from teammates and to switch out members as well. I would like to have optional matches such as 1v1 and 2v2 alongside the standard 3v3 to encourage different levels of play and variety.

Now regarding a roster, I'd think about it more realistically. While there are a ton of fan favorites to choose from...it would be more profitable to have some as DLC. I know that can be a bit of an issue for a lot of fans, but that's how the business can be. For the default roster, I'd have several teams of 3 characters to establish the team aspect.

Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose (Replace Cream with Honey), Team Chaotix (Replace Charmy with Silver), Team Hooligan, A New Trio of Characters (Per Tradition of Characters new in a Sonic Spin-off, maybe have one be a Jackel from Infinite's former squad), Team Zeti (Zavok, Zazz, and Zeena) Team Eggman, (Eggman, Metal Sonic, and Egg Pawn), and finally Infinite as a single character/probably the final boss. This would round out to 25 Characters total, which is a decent number for a fighting game. Now I know my choices are rather obvious, but this seems to be the most likely roster we'd see. I'd have Charmy be a part of Vector's moveset like in a Super Move, and Cream would get the DLC treatment alongside Blaze and Gemerl as a team of their own. I'll leave the rest to your imaginations as I could keep going on with what sort of other DLC Team and Solo Characters could be in, not to mention how each character could play like. Simply put, every character here has some great move list potential (Infinite basically did a Super Move on Sonic in his debut XP), and it'd be great to see what could happen if SEGA gave them the go ahead for such a game. In any case, if you want to hear more about this imagined Sonic Fighter just let me know guys. XP

Until then, what other Sonic Games would you like to see?

19 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

Until then, what other Sonic Games would you like to see?

Easy. RPG. Chronicles was a disaster but a Sonic RPG should not be dead concept because of one thing. Maybe a game where the Sonic crew is playing a Dungeons and Dragons game. Or rather, Hedgehogs and Hydras.

• Like 1