• Transformers
    • Silverhawks
    • Voltron
    • She-Ra, Princess of Power
    • The Real Ghostbusters
    • Blackstar
    • Thundarr the Barbarian
    • Super Friends/Super Powers Show
    • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987-1996)
    • Spiderman and His Amazing Friends (1981-86)
    • Dungeons and Dragons (1983-85)
    • Defenders of the Earth (1986)
    • Galtar & the Golden Lance (1985-86)
    • Write in your choice below in case I missed your favorite....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2021 at 09:46 PM

No Rock Vox, my vote doesn't go to She-Ra, honestly I really don't get the appeal of He-Man/She-Ra, aside from Skeletor anyway.XP

ThunderCats is simply awesome in terms of animation and characters, but a number of us seem to have already voted for it and my vote is more of a personal choice. Especially in terms of a show that gave a long lasting legacy.

However, it's not Transformers despite that show having the biggest legacy out of any of the above shows. Mainly because the majority of the cast shifts way too much and many of them are not defined enough as characters. Aside from Optimus, Megatron/Galvatron, Starscream, and Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime. There are, but Transformers such as Bumblebee in the G1 Era aren't exactly main stays like they are now. While there are very popular characters with relative little screentime in the show, it's only because the fans gave them life and were expanded in future series.

My vote goes to (in my view point) the show with the 2nd biggest legacy out of any of them, obviously it's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

I do have to say that Transformers almost got my vote, especially since it did have a finale of sorts, which was rare for an 80's cartoons. It's also why ThunderCats almost got my vote. Had Dungeons & Dragons got it's finale animated, I could have voted for it as well.

While I don't exactly think TMNT 87' got a finale of sorts compared to Transformers and ThunderCats, it's just as entertaining as them. Though the writing isn't as great, aside from when it got a bit serious with the "Red Sky" Seasons later on. What it makes up in lack of writing consistency (from what I recall, I've watched a decent amount of these three shows), it's much better at defining their cast of characters. That's why it got my vote, because it took a while for many of these shows to find their footing in terms of their characters, TMNT seemed to hit the ball running with the cast from the start. Level headed Leo, Wise cracking Raph, Big Brain Donnie, and the goofy dude Mikey (totally can't relate with that turtle XD).

Honestly, there's no real wrong answer here in this poll, at least to me (unless it's He-She-Man-Ra XP). If I could vote for three it'd be Transformers, TMNT, and ThunderCats. I find all three equally enjoyable in their own way, but for this poll I'll vote for TMNT. Even though I didn't grow up in the 80's as I wasn't alive back then, I still love these shows. Even if I think the later incarnations of Transformers and TMNT (Beast Wars and TMNT 2003) are technically better shows.

Also, you forgot Jem & The Holograms. Really underrated show, truly outrageous that you forgot them. Jem is excitement! XP

• Lore-Respect. 1

20 hours ago, Mike Arcade said:

honestly I really don't get the appeal of He-Man/She-Ra, aside from Skeletor anyway.

Wot, no mention of Evil Lyn? :D

I enjoyed both shows. They had memorable characters, some good stories, and a few cool fights. Yeah, they also had some very corny moments and goofball characters too (*cough* Orko *cough*), but overall they kept me entertained (and gave me an incentive to get my homework done). Songs were kept to a minimum too, so I consider that a plus.

As far as She-Ra goes, it was rare back in those days for the Bad Guy to be on top; Hordak & the Horde had conquered most of planet  Etheria (sound familiar?) and the "great" rebellion didn't start out being very great.

Just don't get me started on that Netflix abomination that tried to cash in on the She-Ra name tho :P

If I could vote for three it'd be Transformers, TMNT, and ThunderCats.

Um, the poll -does- allow that y'know? :)

Edited by MoKat
added a comment; exorcized Typo Demon
  • Haha 1